+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi , Prav8388 ,

Congratulations on fast processing of your application and that your prc has been mailed to you. Can you please guide where did you find the information : application received on --- , processing started on --- , Card mailed out ----.
Did you found the information from on line application status or from secure log in account with immigration or by email ? Pls let us know this .

I mailed my normal ( not urgent ) application on 23 April , status check today shows : Appl received on 25 April , processing started on 26 April and current status : Decision made.
It's so surprising , but it's very appreciable that the process is now so fast.
Next after checking my status today , I created a secure log in account with immigration with the hope to find out a further update but it shows status : In process .
Hopefully the log in account will show in a day or so the status : Decision made.
Let's see , I am waiting.

bt1995

May 8, 2018
Hi , Prav8388 ,

Congratulations on fast processing of your application and that your prc has been mailed to you. Can you please guide where did you find the information : application received on --- , processing started on --- , Card mailed out ----.
Did you found the information from on line application status or from secure log in account with immigration or by email ? Pls let us know this .

I mailed my normal ( not urgent ) application on 23 April , status check today shows : Appl received on 25 April , processing started on 26 April and current status : Decision made.
Next after checking my status today , I created a secure log in account with immigration with the hope to find out a further update but it shows status : In process .
Hopefully the log in account will show in a day or so the status : Decision made.

Was this sent to Sydney, NS?

prav8388

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
In process since Oct 09, 2013
Med's Request
July 25, 2013
Med's Done....
July 30,2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
February 17th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 25th, 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
Hi , Prav8388 ,

I linked the application to my GCKey account. That's where I got to know about my application. Once you have the ' card mailed out' status updated, you can also see the document number and the expiry date of the card on the same page.

My card was mailed out on Apr 26th and reached my house on April 30th.

prav8388

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 25, 2013
Med's Done....
July 30,2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
February 17th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 25th, 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada

prav8388

Star Member
Oct 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2013
AOR Received.
July 23, 2013
File Transfer...
Med's Request
July 25, 2013
Med's Done....
July 30,2013
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
February 17th, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
February 25th, 2014
LANDED..........
In Canada
Ugh... Mine's been in process since April 15 :(

I may call today to see what's going on. I've sent a webform.
If you don't hear back from them after a week, try ordering the notes through the RTI act. Hope you get it soon.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Thank you members for useful input. Hi prav 8388 , thanks for the information. So I know where the information is expected to be available . I have also created secure account and linked application to GCKey account. Today I checked at 5:30 PM , no further update. Will keep checking.
And yes off course I sent the application to Sydney N.S.
Best wishes every one.

bt1995

May 8, 2018
Thank you members for useful input. Hi prav 8388 , thanks for the information. So I know where the information is expected to be available . I have also created secure account and linked application to GCKey account. Today I checked at 5:30 PM , no further update. Will keep checking.
And yes off course I sent the application to Sydney N.S.
Best wishes every one.

So it said “decision made” and now it says in progress? I’m confused as to how some people are getting theirs mailed out within 3 weeks and my application is still in this stage.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
by 1995 , Their are two websites where you can check status.
One is check application status , which in my case is telling me that Decision made . The page also tells us the decision could be either way , application accepted or rejected.
The other is secure log in GCKEY etc that page is supposed to give latest update because it is according to the website updated in real time. This is telling me that ' in process ' . Well I think unless a PRC card has been issued , it is still in sort of in process. Having said that it's confusing for me as well .
Have you checked status on both websites ? How many days have passed since your application was received ? Hopefully you will get PRC card soon. Pls let us when you have an update .

bt1995

May 8, 2018
by 1995 , Their are two websites where you can check status.
One is check application status , which in my case is telling me that Decision made . The page also tells us the decision could be either way , application accepted or rejected.
The other is secure log in GCKEY etc that page is supposed to give latest update because it is according to the website updated in real time. This is telling me that ' in process ' . Well I think unless a PRC card has been issued , it is still in sort of in process. Having said that it's confusing for me as well .
Have you checked status on both websites ? How many days have passed since your application was received ? Hopefully you will get PRC card soon. Pls let us when you have an update .

Hi,

Yes, I've been checking both every day like a mad woman. Here's my timeline from the GCKey:

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on April 5, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 15, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 15, 2019;
The status tool just says "reviewing elligibility requirements" and "application in progress"

I hope so too! And yes, I will definitely be updating as soon as I see any changes.

Pal3580

Star Member
Mar 29, 2018
I apply for a renewal of my p r card on march 31.they receive my application on April 4,2019.Today I call ircc to check the status of my application. The person on other side told me that they didn't find my application .He told me to wait another 30 day's. Can senior members guess what's going on.any advice on this stage

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Dear bt1995 ,

Their processing time these days is 27 days , I think 80 % cases are decided in 27 days. So hopefully you will get new prc within about a week from now. Worry does not help. So my suggestion would be just relax , good things come with patience. You meet all eligibility requirements ( that's why you applied ) , delay is possible but denial is impossible. And you are still within 27 days , my best guess is you will get a positive decision before 28 days from the date of application receipt. Best wishes.

MDh2o

May 1, 2019
Dear bt1995 ,

Their processing time these days is 27 days , I think 80 % cases are decided in 27 days. So hopefully you will get new prc within about a week from now. Worry does not help. So my suggestion would be just relax , good things come with patience. You meet all eligibility requirements ( that's why you applied ) , delay is possible but denial is impossible. And you are still within 27 days , my best guess is you will get a positive decision before 28 days from the date of application receipt. Best wishes.
It seems there is delay or may be something worse in our files
I am in the same boat and passed the 27 days (decision made)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 29, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on April 25, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 25, 2019.
let's wait until tomorrow and I wish they release something at the end of this week