PR sponsorship for child born outside Canada to permanent resident parents

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ok great thanks. I also have 1 other question: I will become a Canada citizen early next year so will that change/improve/speed up the situation for my child or does the process of applying for PR then eventually citizenship remain the exactly same for said child?
You becoming a citizen has zero effect on the processing of a sponsorship app.

Once the child is a PR and you are a Canadian citizen, you can apply for the child's Canadian citizenship right away.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
Hello, I submitted a TRV application for my 21 months aged baby who born outside Canada at 30 June 20220. When I submitted the application on 30 June 2020 it showed the processing time only 15 days. After one week it showed 22 days then 29 days then 33 days. Today I see its 125 days. I don't understand this.But the details of the application status menu shows that (1) no medical exam need, (2) no additional documents need, (3) no interview need, (4) no fingerprints need, (5) background check not applicable. There are lso shows that ' We will send you a message if this changes' for every sentence, But i have not received any messages about any changes.

I also filled up a Web form on 25 July but I haven't received any reply.

Actually I am very scared about our(me and my wife) PR status because it will fall risky after November 2020.

What can I do now for my daughter's visa please advise us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I submitted a TRV application for my 21 months aged baby who born outside Canada at 30 June 20220. When I submitted the application on 30 June 2020 it showed the processing time only 15 days. After one week it showed 22 days then 29 days then 33 days. Today I see its 125 days. I don't understand this.But the details of the application status menu shows that (1) no medical exam need, (2) no additional documents need, (3) no interview need, (4) no fingerprints need, (5) background check not applicable. There are lso shows that ' We will send you a message if this changes' for every sentence, But i have not received any messages about any changes.

I also filled up a Web form on 25 July but I haven't received any reply.

Actually I am very scared about our(me and my wife) PR status because it will fall risky after November 2020.

What can I do now for my daughter's visa please advise us.
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait. TRV processing time is quite slow right now due to COVID-19 and many who applied much earlier this year are still waiting.

Note that there's generally a 50/50 chance of TRV approvals in these types of cases. If the TRV is not approved, one of you will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and sponsor the child for PR. Once the PR application is approved, your child and the other parent will then be able to travel to Canada.

Hopefully the TRV will be approved and you can all travel to Canada together. Good luck.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
Unfortunately there is nothing you can do but wait. TRV processing time is quite slow right now due to COVID-19 and many who applied much earlier this year are still waiting.

Note that there's generally a 50/50 chance of TRV approvals in these types of cases. If the TRV is not approved, one of you will have to move to Canada ahead of the rest of the family and sponsor the child for PR. Once the PR application is approved, your child and the other parent will then be able to travel to Canada.

Hopefully the TRV will be approved and you can all travel to Canada together. Good luck.
Thank you for your reply and good wishes for us. I want to know that how long processing time for dependant child PR application. My child staying at Dhaka, Bangladesh. Our PR card also fall risky after this November 2020(3 years out of Canada within 5 years).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply and good wishes for us. I want to know that how long processing time for dependant child PR application. My child staying at Dhaka, Bangladesh. Our PR card also fall risky after this November 2020(3 years out of Canada within 5 years).
Normally PR processing is around 6-8 months for a child however everything is taking longer right now.

Note that you must meet the residency obligation in order to sponsor your child for PR. If the TRV is refused or if you don't have a response in a few months, you or your spouse will need to seriously consider moving back to Canada ahead of the rest of the family.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
Normally PR processing is around 6-8 months for a child however everything is taking longer right now.

Note that you must meet the residency obligation in order to sponsor your child for PR. If the TRV is refused or if you don't have a response in a few months, you or your spouse will need to seriously consider moving back to Canada ahead of the rest of the family.
Thank you. If anyone of parents couldn't meet the residency obligation, What happen for that case?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. If anyone of parents couldn't meet the residency obligation, What happen for that case?
You want to avoid being in that situation. This may make it very difficult to return to Canada and also be able to reunite your family.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
You want to avoid being in that situation. This may make it very difficult to return to Canada and also be able to reunite your family.
Utmost Thanks for your all reply. How much fund required for Child PR application? In my case I am almost 2 and half years out of Canada within 5 years period. Is there any requirement of Canadian employment for Child PR application?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Utmost Thanks for your all reply. How much fund required for Child PR application? In my case I am almost 2 and half years out of Canada within 5 years period. Is there any requirement of Canadian employment for Child PR application?
No fund requirements and no employment requirements. However you do have to be physically in Canada.

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
No fund requirements and no employment requirements. However you do have to be physically in Canada.
Thank you. I have a GCkey which created at the time of my baby TRV application. Can I use same GCkey for attempting a PR application for my baby.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. I have a GCkey which created at the time of my baby TRV application. Can I use same GCkey for attempting a PR application for my baby.
These are minor details that aren't important at this time. Your primary concern should be returning to Canada by November so that you will meet the requirements to sponsor your child.

The PR application is submitted by mail - you cannot apply online. You have to be in Canada to mail in the PR application.

Reactions: hasanselim

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
These are minor details that aren't important at this time. Your primary concern should be returning to Canada by November so that you will meet the requirements to sponsor your child.

The PR application is submitted by mail - you cannot apply online. You have to be in Canada to mail in the PR application.
Thank you. Is it better can I seek help from any immigration lawyer for my baby PR application and usually how much cost for that?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you. Is it better can I seek help from any immigration lawyer for my baby PR application and usually how much cost for that?
It's really your choice. However you don't need a lawyer. You can easily apply on your own.

Getting assistance from a lawyer generally costs around $3000 to $5000.

Reactions: hasanselim

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
It's really your choice. However you don't need a lawyer. You can easily apply on your own.

Getting assistance from a lawyer generally costs around $3000 to $5000.
Thank you. Where I finds application form for my child PR application?

Last edited:

hasanselim

Jun 21, 2018
Thank you. Where I finds application form for my child PR application?
One of attorney emailed me as my query answer that "the Parent and Grandparent Sponsorship program (PGP) is closed and not accepting new applications. Due to the current focus on responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will further delay the opening of the 2020 Parents and Grandparents (PGP) Program". and suggested me "in the interim, I would like to inform you about the Parent and Grandparent “Super Visa”.A Super Visa is a 10 year multiple-entry temporary resident permit that would allow the recipient to visit Canada for up to 2 years per entry". But I am asking about my daughter PR application process. Is his comments right for me? please comments.