+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewal help!

Hpereira2021

Feb 24, 2021
Hi all. My husband applied for PR renewal back in March 2020 and while the application was approved, his card is apparently sitting at the Etobicoke (Ontario) office for an in person pickup but that office is apparently closed? It’s been a year since he applied for his renewal. Anyone have a similar scenario?

chella99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2007
I will share my somewhat similar experience.

I had applied for renewal in May 2019 and my situation is somewhat unique. But I also received an email about 6 months back (which was itself 15 months from my application) informing me that my card has been selected for a physical pickup and that IRCC will send a detialed mail/email whihc will give the details of the timeframe for pickup, documents to be brought etc. As of date, I am yet to receive any mail/email from IRCc and keeping fingers crossed. Nothing can be done and just need to wait, all the more in the present pandemic situation !!!

Hpereira2021

Feb 24, 2021
Omg, this is so annoying!! My husband is in between Canada and Chile (for work) and we are here in Toronto. He needs to apply for a PR travel document every time he needs to re-enter Canada which is a process in itself!! All this while he PR card sits at an office. Have you tried reaching out to someone besides the IRcC web form?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Omg, this is so annoying!! My husband is in between Canada and Chile (for work) and we are here in Toronto. He needs to apply for a PR travel document every time he needs to re-enter Canada which is a process in itself!! All this while he PR card sits at an office. Have you tried reaching out to someone besides the IRcC web form?
This is exactly why they want to review his passport and make sure there were no discrepencies and that he continues to meet RO.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008

I had applied for renewal in May 2019 and my situation is somewhat unique. But I also received an email about 6 months back (which was itself 15 months from my application) informing me that my card has been selected for a physical pickup and that IRCC will send a detialed mail/email whihc will give the details of the timeframe for pickup, documents to be brought etc. As of date, I am yet to receive any mail/email from IRCc and keeping fingers crossed. Nothing can be done and just need to wait, all the more in the present pandemic situation !!!
There are no appointments at any VO's for PR Card pick-up [or so I have been told]. COVID has placed everything in standstill - this is for PR Card renewal requiring an in-office card pick up.

Hpereira2021

Feb 24, 2021

Hi there. Any update on this? We’re still waiting over here - over one year and nothing.

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
Hi there. Any update on this? We’re still waiting over here - over one year and nothing.
I am in the same situation, card sent to local office for in person pickup since March. I am losing hope from reading all these ridiculous timelines. I am yet to find a person who received an appointment in this forum.

Muf53

Jun 23, 2021
My application received 17feb21
aor and decision made on 21apr21

have contacted them on webform, they say you will be asked to pickup from local office, but still nothing. Any suggestion or anyone facing same issue?

zaid9199

Sep 28, 2020
My application received 17feb21
aor and decision made on 21apr21

have contacted them on webform, they say you will be asked to pickup from local office, but still nothing. Any suggestion or anyone facing same issue?
some people have been waiting over a year for pickup. I am still yet to be contacted as well. Waiting since March.