+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal H&C Grounds

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Dear Experts
I applied for PR card renewal on H&C Grounds in Aug 2023.
I have received communication that I have to visit Etobicoke IRCC office for in person collection on Mar 06 2024.
however, I am outside Canada and would only be able to reach by 22nd march. I wanted to know how to reschedule the appointment to few weeks later for in person appointment at IRCC
Appreciate guidance from experts. Many thanks in Advance
Regards
AK

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Experts
I applied for PR card renewal on H&C Grounds in Aug 2023.
I have received communication that I have to visit Etobicoke IRCC office for in person collection on Mar 06 2024.
however, I am outside Canada and would only be able to reach by 22nd march. I wanted to know how to reschedule the appointment to few weeks later for in person appointment at IRCC
Appreciate guidance from experts. Many thanks in Advance
Regards
AK
You have to contact the local office. If have been living abroad and are not aware of this fact may come up in the interview typically done before handing over your new PR card. Whether you have been living in Canada since your H&C application can be a major factor in approval.

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Thanks for the reply.
What is the best way to contact local office, is it via webform? calling IRCC contact center doesnt go through as it is busy all the time
Thanks
AK

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I applied for PR renewal in Sept 23 under H&C as my days were short to met RO. Got my Par card today in the mail with a 5 year expiry. So to all those who have not met RO if you have a genuine reason with documents to proove, they look at it compassionately. Don't loose hope.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I applied for PR renewal in Sept 23 under H&C as my days were short to met RO. Got my Par card today in the mail with a 5 year expiry. So to all those who have not met RO if you have a genuine reason with documents to proove, they look at it compassionately. Don't loose hope.
So what is your opinion of OP that needed to go pickup the card in person but left Canada after he submitted PR card renewal under H&C?

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Well i guess firstly they are doing one a favour by considering h&c anf then to tell them op is out of country and ask for extension is over stretching it.
I planned to enter through US by private car if I had to pick up my card.

So what is your opinion of OP that needed to go pickup the card in person but left Canada after he submitted PR card renewal under H&C?
Ww

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The fact that your spouse could have sponsored you again likely had an impact on the H&C application. Assume had you been denied your spouse would have sponsored you again so your situation is very different than others who don’t have a spouse who could sponsor them if denied H&C. Had you updated you file to indicate that you had left Canada once applying for the H&C application? If you had not updated your address that may have also lead to an approval because IRCC would have been under the impression that you had returned to Canada for good.

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Hi, After 8-10months process i was finally able to collect my approved PR from IRCC office after interview under H&C Grounds. It was a long process which i pursued on my own. Happy to help others in same situation

thundercalm

Jan 17, 2024
Hi, After 8-10months process i was finally able to collect my approved PR from IRCC office after interview under H&C Grounds. It was a long process which i pursued on my own. Happy to help others in same situation
Im in the same situation waiting for the call from IRCC local office. How did you receive communication from IRCC local office? via email/post? Can we proactively reach out to local IRCC office for an appointment?

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
It took almost 7 months from H&C application filed in Aug 23 for notice to appear in interview in Mar 24 at local IRCC office.
The communication is received via email along with attached letter in the email. If you have used lawyer the communication via email will be received by lawyer.
Best of luck

thundercalm

Jan 17, 2024
Thank you, Im not using lawyer. In the communication you received, was there an option to reschedule? I have my wedding scheduled(outside Canada) in near future which i cannot miss. Will proactively going to local IRCC office helps? Do they entertain walk-ins? According to my local MP, my file was transferred to local IRCC office on feb 15, any idea when can i expect the email?
Thanks again.

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
I dont have any idea about all these questions but feedback below based on my experience only.

No walkins as only people with ircc letter are allowed inside office by security and provided with a token to appear at counter . So only way to go is once you have the letter and assigned date and time.

Based on my experience there were no responses to webform requests to reschedule appointment date/time, and advise i got from experts was to appear on prescribed date of interview since after 180 days PR is destroyed and applicant has to apply again while previous application is void.

You can apply for gcms notes (ATIP) takes about a month to get and you some insights about your file

However my experience is any permutation on timings etc is pure guess work and best is to wait and appear on suggested date by ircc to avoid complications

Lydialrm

Mar 11, 2024
Hello! I have one my my family, his PR card, and health care and his passport Has already expired. So now he is trying to apply for a renewed PR card. Since all the government ID is expired, what he should do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello! I have one my my family, his PR card, and health care and his passport Has already expired. So now he is trying to apply for a renewed PR card. Since all the government ID is expired, what he should do?
Has he met his RO? If not, is he currently in Canada and was he reported when he entered Canada? If not how many days has he spent in Canada during the last 5 years?

arkhann123

Oct 2, 2017
Fyi - i entered canada via land border from usa on expired PR in private vehicle
I was asked few questions by cbsa officer but not reported, they also did not check IRCC letter for interview appointment.