+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR portal waiting for photo approval

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Hi! I received an email from IRCC about what to do for the final step in processing my permanent residency on August 15, 2022. Same day, I replied on the email with the information they needed and they sent an invitation to create an account on PR portal so I did right away. I confirmed that I’m inside Canada, enter my address and uploaded a photo (which I only use my mobile phone to take it). When I uploaded the photo, it said it’s too bright or dark but I still sent it anyway. August 17, 2022 I got my eCoPR, my address’ been approved but photo’s still in review by IRCC. Surprisingly, September 9, 2022 I got my PR card in the mail even upon checking in the portal that photo is still under review by IRCC.
We got the same warning that the photo was too dark or too bright. I tried EVERYTHING to enhance the photo, and kept getting the same error, so I just ignored the warning and submitted it anyway. We got the picture done at a Staples, who advertised that they specifically did PR photos, which is why I was shocked it didnt meet the requirements. Congrats and I'm glad it went through for you! You gave me hope that they still may accept the photo, even though we got the warning. I wonder if it's a glitch on the website? Seems a lot of people are having this issue.

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
My initial photo was submitted on the 27th of June but rejected on the 12th of July. I uploaded a new picture on the 12th of July 2022 that met the requirements however it is still pending review and I am yet to receive my PR card.
Did you get your card yet? Do you mind sharing what warning you got the first time you submitted the photo? What did you change when you got your new photo taken? Thanks!

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
It feels so good to find a forum like this
I got an approval and like to portal October 5th
I added my address and uploaded photos October 6th and am still waiting for eCOPR and approval from IRCC for PR
Did you get your card?

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
Below is my status for PR card:

Photo - Rejected on September 28, 2022 because background was too dark so I resent it on September 28, 2022
Emailed IRCC - October 12, 2022
PR Card -

I also emailed IRCC on Oct 12 on the same email they sent me asking me for my information to send me my portal credentials. Still waiting
Hi, did you get a new photo taken or lighten the first picuture? Have you got your card yet?

Ehh

Star Member
Jan 12, 2023
I finally received my ecopr. Photo is still in review but my address is accepted. I downloaded my ecopr and changed my sin number and applied the health card. One question, eventhough i still have not received my pr card yet, am I permanent resident officially ? Because i changed my sin number as permanent one and applied to health card
Have you received your PR card yet?

LGarcia

Feb 24, 2022
I think you have a good point. My visa should be valid for now, but it may change once I receive the eCoPR. Can someone with a eCoPR comment on whether the eCoPR or accompanying documents explicitly declares other Canadian visas/permits invalid/cancelled?

My rationale is: 1) If IRCC considers that I am PR, I should be allowed to enter as a PR, and 2) if IRCC considers that I am not PR, my TRV should remain valid and I should be allowed to enter as a temporary resident. Correct me if I am wrong, but it does not make sense that having an approved PR application should make me less admissible to Canada.

The airline should allow me to board to plane to Canada because I have a valid (i.e. not-expired) visa in my passport.

My back up plans are to apply for a PR travel document at my destination country, or travel through the USA-Canada land boarder in the worse-case scenario.

Of course, the most ideal situation is that I receive the PR card before departure.
The way it works is that once you receive your eCoPR your visas will be cancelled. You may enter Canada through a land border only if all you have is the eCoPR since this is not a travel document it is not valid to enter Canada via commercial means no planes/boats/buses/trains you will need to enter via foot or private car at a land border.

If your outside canda the travel document is your only way to come in via plane, it takes 8 weeks if your lucky.

You are correct in saying that it will not make you inadmissible to enter the Canadian border the issue is to get to the Canadian Border and since its not a valid travel document the airline will not let you board.

LGarcia

Feb 24, 2022
My portal invitation : 8th december 2022
I uploaded everthing : 9th december 2022
My eCopr and mailing address approved : 16th january 2023
My photo on the portal is still reviewing. Do you guys have an idea that how long does it take to receive pr card after getting eCopr ?
Ive read/noticed that the Photo will only get approved once they mail the card if that. My wifes card has been approved and sent and the PR portal still says the photo is "In Review". You can add your application to the ircc portal thats were i got the update on my wifes approval and know it was mailed. Seems the PR portal still needs work.

they say 6 weeks max. if you haven't gotten it by then theres a process to state it was lost and apply for a new one but then you'd fall under renewal and thats taking 67 days according to the processing times.

BLKLY

Jan 19, 2023
I found this thread helpful so I am sharing my info to add to the data points:
PR Confirmation e-mail - (Calgary office) Dec 21, 2022 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 6, 2023 (Declaration, address, and photo uploaded same-day)
Both mailing address and photo are still in review with IRCC.
Have not received eCOPR / PR card as of today.
I called IRCC's general inquiries line and was told that they did not have any information on how long this step of the PR process will take -- essentially they were suggestion I need to wait it out.
I also need to travel for work internationally in March. I plan to use my visa, which expires end of next year, for re-entry.
Update: Received eCoPR on Feb 8. PR card still pending with photo under review on PR Portal.

SunnyBond

Jun 18, 2021
I received my eCOPR on Feb 8th. But I am not able to link PR Card tracking application inside CIC under GC Key. Is there time that I need to wait before I will be able to link my PR Card? In Portal, my address is in accepted state but photo is still in review.

MCR2406

Feb 3, 2023
I received my eCOPR on Feb 8th. But I am not able to link PR Card tracking application inside CIC under GC Key. Is there time that I need to wait before I will be able to link my PR Card? In Portal, my address is in accepted state but photo is still in review.
Add using UCI and Last name option. Input details of primary applicant.

Unche

Dec 13, 2018
Hello Guy,
I got my Confirmation of permanent Residence (COPR) yesterday, 2023/02/14 but my Expiry date is 2023/06/20, that is around 4 months. Is this normal? Does anyone have any suggestions?