+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR portal waiting for photo approval

Aman lail

Star Member
Jul 30, 2020
Hi guys my pr application is approved but still didn’t get COPR even after portal request..my work permit is going to expire soon what should I do ???

Jan 12, 2023
Hello Guys, I received Pr portal login info on Dec 22- 2022 and uploaded my photo and address on 26th 2022. My photo and address in " in review" status and haven't received ECOPR. I have to travel in April, can I apply for the Trave document?

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
I finally received my ecopr. Photo is still in review but my address is accepted. I downloaded my ecopr and changed my sin number and applied the health card. One question, eventhough i still have not received my pr card yet, am I permanent resident officially ? Because i changed my sin number as permanent one and applied to health card

Reactions: gspkho

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
I finally received my ecopr. Photo is still in review but my address is accepted. I downloaded my ecopr and changed my sin number and applied the health card. One question, eventhough i still have not received my pr card yet, am I permanent resident officially ? Because i changed my sin number as permanent one and applied to health card
What it means photo is in review ? Once you have received COPR does it not mean all is complete ? Or Iam missing out something here ? Pls advice

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
What it means photo is in review ? Once you have received COPR does it not mean all is complete ? Or Iam missing out something here ? Pls advice
eCopr means its digital version and you can use it until your pr card comes. Pr card is physical one. When you get ecopr, it doesn’t mean that you get your physical pr card at the same time.

Reactions: ndse2

Simranp

Dec 21, 2022
Hlo ,

its same with me my address and declaration accepted but my photo is still in review and i got eCOPR but for pr card my photo is in review which means they will mail pr card when our photo will also accepted.

Reactions: gspkho and ndse2

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
Hlo ,

its same with me my address and declaration accepted but my photo is still in review and i got eCOPR but for pr card my photo is in review which means they will mail pr card when our photo will also accepted.
We are still waiting our physical pr cards. We received our eCopr so are we permanent resident right, eventhough we have not received our pr cards yet ?

Anadev

Jan 19, 2023
Hi All,
PR Confirmation e-mail - Sept 13, 2022 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Sept 13, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Sept 14, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Card received - Pending
VO - VLU OTTAWA

I was hoping if anyone from OTTAWA has received their eCoPR or PR card this year, please share. It has been such a struggle to keep waiting for more than 4 months. Is there something I could do? Appreciate any advice.

BLKLY

Jan 19, 2023
I found this thread helpful so I am sharing my info to add to the data points:
PR Confirmation e-mail - (Calgary office) Dec 21, 2022 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 6, 2023 (Declaration, address, and photo uploaded same-day)
Both mailing address and photo are still in review with IRCC.
Have not received eCOPR / PR card as of today.
I called IRCC's general inquiries line and was told that they did not have any information on how long this step of the PR process will take -- essentially they were suggestion I need to wait it out.
I also need to travel for work internationally in March. I plan to use my visa, which expires end of next year, for re-entry.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I found this thread helpful so I am sharing my info to add to the data points:
PR Confirmation e-mail - (Calgary office) Dec 21, 2022 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 6, 2023 (Declaration, address, and photo uploaded same-day)
Both mailing address and photo are still in review with IRCC.
Have not received eCOPR / PR card as of today.
I called IRCC's general inquiries line and was told that they did not have any information on how long this step of the PR process will take -- essentially they were suggestion I need to wait it out.
I also need to travel for work internationally in March. I plan to use my visa, which expires end of next year, for re-entry.
I may be mistaken, but once you become a PR (even if you have not received your PR Card), your previous visa(s) are no longer valid.

Suggest you wait for others to comment.

BLKLY

Jan 19, 2023
I may be mistaken, but once you become a PR (even if you have not received your PR Card), your previous visa(s) are no longer valid.

Suggest you wait for others to comment.
I think you have a good point. My visa should be valid for now, but it may change once I receive the eCoPR. Can someone with a eCoPR comment on whether the eCoPR or accompanying documents explicitly declares other Canadian visas/permits invalid/cancelled?

My rationale is: 1) If IRCC considers that I am PR, I should be allowed to enter as a PR, and 2) if IRCC considers that I am not PR, my TRV should remain valid and I should be allowed to enter as a temporary resident. Correct me if I am wrong, but it does not make sense that having an approved PR application should make me less admissible to Canada.

The airline should allow me to board to plane to Canada because I have a valid (i.e. not-expired) visa in my passport.

My back up plans are to apply for a PR travel document at my destination country, or travel through the USA-Canada land boarder in the worse-case scenario.

Of course, the most ideal situation is that I receive the PR card before departure.

arokpp9

Dec 9, 2020
I think you have a good point. My visa should be valid for now, but it may change once I receive the eCoPR. Can someone with a eCoPR comment on whether the eCoPR or accompanying documents explicitly declares other Canadian visas/permits invalid/cancelled?

My rationale is: 1) If IRCC considers that I am PR, I should be allowed to enter as a PR, and 2) if IRCC considers that I am not PR, my TRV should remain valid and I should be allowed to enter as a temporary resident. Correct me if I am wrong, but it does not make sense that having an approved PR application should make me less admissible to Canada.

The airline should allow me to board to plane to Canada because I have a valid (i.e. not-expired) visa in my passport.

My back up plans are to apply for a PR travel document at my destination country, or travel through the USA-Canada land boarder in the worse-case scenario.

Of course, the most ideal situation is that I receive the PR card before departure.
This is the LOGICAL explanation. The IRCC rationales are far from that :) But I hope you're right.

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
My portal invitation : 8th december 2022
I uploaded everthing : 9th december 2022
My eCopr and mailing address approved : 16th january 2023
My photo on the portal is still reviewing. Do you guys have an idea that how long does it take to receive pr card after getting eCopr ?