+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR portal waiting for photo approval

Nirav911

May 4, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’m new here in the post, which I stumbled upon looking for answers to an issue I have. I applied in February for PR being sponsored by my wife who’s a Canadian Citizen. The processing time was 14 months, however, I received the approval email and invitation to the PR portal in August.
I replied with the address and photograph on September 2nd.
No changes in my PR portal as case status shows “in review with IRCC”.
At this point I haven’t received the eCOPR, and I need to do an international trip. Since I am a PR, I read that I need to have a PR card to return to Canada. Contacting IRCC on twitter they say I need a PR card to get back or a PR travel document. However, my trip is not intended to be longer than a couple weeks and PRTD times are longer than that.
I have a valid Work permit and a valid Visitor Visa, but I don’t know if this allows me to return to Canada. I also read that without a PR or a PRTD one can return to Canada only in a private vehicle.
Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!
Hey, I am in the same situation what you did ?? Did you travel without ecopr ??

JuanF

Nov 10, 2022
No, I decided to stay and not travel at this point because no one, not even IRCC confirmed to me that I would be allowed back into Canada, and thankfully I didn’t do it because yesterday I received another email from IRCC requesting my location or date I would return to Canada. Since I said I was in Canada, I received a couple hours later the eCoPR, which by the way, has a big watermark saying that it is not valid for traveling.
So, according to the eCoPR, I'm officialy a Permanent Resident of Canada, but until I get the PR Card, I cannot travel abroad.
Now, the address has the "Accepted by IRCC" status, it is just the picture the one that is still "In review with IRCC"...

Hey, I am in the same situation what you did ?? Did you travel without ecopr ??

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
No, I decided to stay and not travel at this point because no one, not even IRCC confirmed to me that I would be allowed back into Canada, and thankfully I didn’t do it because yesterday I received another email from IRCC requesting my location or date I would return to Canada. Since I said I was in Canada, I received a couple hours later the eCoPR, which by the way, has a big watermark saying that it is not valid for traveling.
So, according to the eCoPR, I'm officialy a Permanent Resident of Canada, but until I get the PR Card, I cannot travel abroad.
Now, the address has the "Accepted by IRCC" status, it is just the picture the one that is still "In review with IRCC"...
What VO sent you the eCOPR?

Jsuleim

Mar 1, 2022
I submitted my photo and address since October 4th and am still waiting for eCopr as well. Wish i could travel too as well but we have to wait

t96nguye

Dec 7, 2022
Hi everyone,

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! eCoPR was received back in Feb 2022. Photo was submitted and rejected. Re-submitted a photo in Mar/Apr and the status is still under review. Everything else has been approved and this is the only thing holding me back from getting the physical PR document.

I've tried filling out their support form and only got an automated response. I've called several times, a few months ago I reached someone who just told me to wait as processing times are long and to call back in 2 weeks if still no change. Now every time I call, it's impossible to reach anyone. Does anyone have any advice, emails or numbers I can reach out to for help?

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: gspkho

gspkho

Jan 27, 2022
Hi everyone,

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated! eCoPR was received back in Feb 2022. Photo was submitted and rejected. Re-submitted a photo in Mar/Apr and the status is still under review. Everything else has been approved and this is the only thing holding me back from getting the physical PR document.

I've tried filling out their support form and only got an automated response. I've called several times, a few months ago I reached someone who just told me to wait as processing times are long and to call back in 2 weeks if still no change. Now every time I call, it's impossible to reach anyone. Does anyone have any advice, emails or numbers I can reach out to for help?

Thanks in advance!
long proceesing time i m wait from 11 october show in review

ndse2

Jul 15, 2019
where do you check this status pls ?