Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
No, I decided to stay and not travel at this point because no one, not even IRCC confirmed to me that I would be allowed back into Canada, and thankfully I didn’t do it because yesterday I received another email from IRCC requesting my location or date I would return to Canada. Since I said I was in Canada, I received a couple hours later the eCoPR, which by the way, has a big watermark saying that it is not valid for traveling.
So, according to the eCoPR, I'm officialy a Permanent Resident of Canada, but until I get the PR Card, I cannot travel abroad.
Now, the address has the "Accepted by IRCC" status, it is just the picture the one that is still "In review with IRCC"...
Hello have you received your PR card yet?

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Anyone know if an open work permit becomes invalid when you receive your ecopr? Meaning no travel outside Canada whilst waiting for PR card , even if you have a valid owp

ABTPG

Star Member
May 25, 2017
Anyone know if an open work permit becomes invalid when you receive your ecopr? Meaning no travel outside Canada whilst waiting for PR card , even if you have a valid owp
Yes it becomes invalid. Once u get ecopr all other documents become invalid.

tokeyur

Aug 15, 2017
I received a PR application approval letter in the 1st email. in that letter, there is no mention of the requirement to update IRCC if anything changes on the employment side.

I am a PNP applicant. and I am still awaiting CoPR. can I accept the new job offer letter from the same employer in the same department with the same NOC with more Technical job duties?

TNBR

Star Member
Jul 28, 2022
App. Filed.......
March 15,2022
Med's Request
August 26,2022
Med's Done....
September 9, 2022
Got an update on my GC key that they have mailed my PR card December 23, 2022.

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
Hello guys.
I want to share my details.
Portal e-mail : 8th December
I uploaded my decleration,mail address and photo 9th december.

I still havent got my eCOPR and my pr card. Its been 24 days since uploaded them. I am so worry about something wrong. Do you think that how long does it take ?

Reactions: gspkho

Mayoo4sam

Star Member
Jun 14, 2020
Hello guys.

I still havent got my eCOPR and my pr card. Its been 24 days since uploaded them. I am so worry about something wrong. Do you think that how long does it take ?
There is some people from October yet to get ecopr, I wouldn't worry unless you go over maybe 2 months.

Savass123

Dec 9, 2022
There is some people from October yet to get ecopr, I wouldn't worry unless you go over maybe 2 months.
Most of people can take their eCOPR soon after they submit everything and then they wait their pr cards. I don’t even take my cOPR, thats why i am worried.

Reactions: gspkho

gspkho

Jan 27, 2022
Hello guys.

i wait from 15 oct22 no update yet

Reactions: Kitae

t96nguye

Dec 7, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’m new here in the post, which I stumbled upon looking for answers to an issue I have. I applied in February for PR being sponsored by my wife who’s a Canadian Citizen. The processing time was 14 months, however, I received the approval email and invitation to the PR portal in August.
I replied with the address and photograph on September 2nd.
No changes in my PR portal as case status shows “in review with IRCC”.
At this point I haven’t received the eCOPR, and I need to do an international trip. Since I am a PR, I read that I need to have a PR card to return to Canada. Contacting IRCC on twitter they say I need a PR card to get back or a PR travel document. However, my trip is not intended to be longer than a couple weeks and PRTD times are longer than that.
I have a valid Work permit and a valid Visitor Visa, but I don’t know if this allows me to return to Canada. I also read that without a PR or a PRTD one can return to Canada only in a private vehicle.
Any thoughts? Thanks for reading!
We are in the same boat. My wife's eCOPR was approved back in Feb but we do
No, I decided to stay and not travel at this point because no one, not even IRCC confirmed to me that I would be allowed back into Canada, and thankfully I didn’t do it because yesterday I received another email from IRCC requesting my location or date I would return to Canada. Since I said I was in Canada, I received a couple hours later the eCoPR, which by the way, has a big watermark saying that it is not valid for traveling.
So, according to the eCoPR, I'm officialy a Permanent Resident of Canada, but until I get the PR Card, I cannot travel abroad.
Now, the address has the "Accepted by IRCC" status, it is just the picture the one that is still "In review with IRCC"...
I'm in the same situation. eCOPR was approved back in Feb 2022 but status of photo is still in review. Everything is approved except for the photo which is delaying the actual PR card. Please update here if your photo ended up being approved or not, I'll continue to update here as well.

Good to know there's people who've been waiting as long as well

Simranp

Dec 21, 2022
We are in the same boat. My wife's eCOPR was approved back in Feb but we do

I'm in the same situation. eCOPR was approved back in Feb 2022 but status of photo is still in review. Everything is approved except for the photo which is delaying the actual PR card. Please update here if your photo ended up being approved or not, I'll continue to update here as well.

Good to know there's people who've been waiting as long as well
Where is your visa office?