+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Just want to share an update to my application...

After i called IRCC yesterday and was informed to wait for further instruction, i received a call from my lawyer yesterday afternoon. She said she received an email from Local Immigration office dated April 22 (Windsor - for my case). The letter states that my permanent residence in Canada is now complete and I am now a permanent resident. It further states that the letter is a proof that I am a permanent resident and can be used to apply for benefits and services until i received the Permanent resident Card.

However, i am still asked to send to them the CoPR and a photo (for the processing of PR card i believed).

I just have some clarification and i hope you guys can enlighten me. We send our passport and Photo and it was already returned to us with CoPR (2 copies each, one is without our Photo and the other one is with photo attached). Do i need to provide another photo or the photo that was attached to the CoPR is sufficient enough? I believe the CoPR without our photo is our own personal copy, right?

Thank you guys in advance! Have a good day.

Cheers
Are you seeing any update in online application also ??? Or it's just an email to your attorney?

JAK2019

Star Member
Apr 23, 2019
I finally had a call with one agent now and he was telling me that I can only wait till further contacted by ircc regarding landing interview. When I asked some are getting pr status email and could mine be the same, he replied he doesn't know.
I am am in the same boat as you. Called multiple times and send email as well. They reply same " they are waiting for further instruction and wait"

Reactions: C.Mei.L

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Congratulations! I signed and sent only the "IRCC copy" and kept "Client copy". Apparently, we need the CoPR to apply for citizenship.
Hi,

How about the Photo? Did you send another photo aside from the one that is attached to the CoPR?

Cheers,

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
That is right. In many cases, Inland applicants get their COPR in their Landing Interview. They do not get it before.
Hello, does your "landing interview letter" state any deadline for completing landing? I'm curious if we do have that kind of specific deadline too as others' COPR has expiring date.

Last edited:

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hello, does your "landing interview letter" state any deadline for completing landing? I'm curious if we do have that kind of specific deadline too as others' COPR has expiring date.
Hi. No my landing interview does not have a deadline, But it was scheduled for March 27th.

Reactions: C.Mei.L

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends. I received my PR Confirmation mail today. Finally the wait is over.
The mail came from CIC-Etobicoke Landings.
Will proceed with the process now for sending the COPR copy back with the photograph.

Good luck to those awaiting the confirmation.
Timelines in my Signature.

pooja169usp

Apr 24, 2020
Hello Friends. I received my PR Confirmation mail today. Finally the wait is over.
Will proceed with the process now for sending the COPR copy back with the photograph.

Congratulations! Would you mind sharing when was your CoPR expiry date? And which visa were you on? Travel or work or student? Did you have an appointment scheduled which was cancelled?

Reactions: prashantpraut

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Congratulations! Would you mind sharing when was your CoPR expiry date? And which visa were you on? Travel or work or student? Did you have an appointment scheduled which was cancelled?
Thanks. My COPR Expiry was in Sep. Was on a Closed WP. Yes, appintment scheduled for 26th March which was cancelled.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

Hi, congrats!!!

Did you receive one email for all family members or separate emails ?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi, congrats!!!

Did you receive one email for all family members or separate emails ?
I received for myself and my wife. We both got on our Individual e-mail IDs.
However, I have not received any letter for my daughter (11 yrs). Will be checking with IRCC.

Anyone in similar situation having kids who has applied and received confirmation mail. Did you get for your Kids too?

VLVanaja

Jan 24, 2019
Congratulations! I signed and sent only the "IRCC copy" and kept "Client copy". Apparently, we need the CoPR to apply for citizenship.
Hi
I received the PR confirmation mail today.
By client copy , do you mean the Copr document that was received along with passport?
By ircc copy, do you mean the one that was sent in mail as a proof of our PR confirmation status?
Can you please clarify on what is meant by ircc copy and client copy?

thanks in advance.

Reactions: may2019 and IGOR_BR