+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

paparazzi1987

Star Member
Jan 7, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for my dependent's passport (who is overseas) to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

From what I understand, I'll receive a separate landing appointment letter for myself as this PPR which was received was pertaining to my spouse. After how many days they contact the primary applicant for landing appointment and considering the current scenario, will it be in-person landing appointment or telephonic? Anyone with the similar experience?
We are in same situation. I also receive same letter on april 3rd but i have not gotten any update after. Below is the reply i got from after i sent inquiry email.

Good Day,

Your application for Permanent residence has just been approved. In general, there is typically a 6-8 weeks delay from when you are approved to when you become permanent resident. At this time, due to COVID-19, we are limited to the number of staff as well as our ability to process applications.

We appreciate your patience during this time.

Thank you,

Etobicoke IRCC Landings

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
I have Not got COPR either. My Landing interview was scheduled on Mar 27th and got cancelled. Have not got any PR status email. I am going to call IRCC now, may be once every week, and raise webform.
Thanks for your reply. I will ask my agent to do that for me too today. Let's keep each other updated here.

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Did not understand this. How did you have a landing interview scheduled if you do not have a COPR? I thought that landing interviews are scheduled only after the COPR counterfoil is issued by IRCC (after PPR). Is it different in your case?
I heard that not all people are getting Copr and ppr. Some inland applicants are getting landing interview letter(interview time is already scheduled by the officer) directly and get confirmed(officially signed) Copr in person right after the interview at ircc office.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I heard that not all people are getting Copr and ppr. Some inland applicants are getting landing interview letter(interview time is already scheduled by the officer) directly and get confirmed(officially signed) Copr in person right after the interview at ircc office.
That is right. In many cases, Inland applicants get their COPR in their Landing Interview. They do not get it before.

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
We are in same situation. I also receive same letter on april 3rd but i have not gotten any update after. Below is the reply i got from after i sent inquiry email.

Good Day,

Your application for Permanent residence has just been approved. In general, there is typically a 6-8 weeks delay from when you are approved to when you become permanent resident. At this time, due to COVID-19, we are limited to the number of staff as well as our ability to process applications.

Thank you,

Etobicoke IRCC Landings
Hey, Thank you for providing an update and congratulations to you. This was the information I was looking for. As per the GCMS notes (as of 4th April), my application was approved in 2nd week of March and has been assigned to Etobicoke IRCC. I am still waiting for my landing appointment.

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Hi,

Just like you guys, i am also in the same situation. I got my application approved last March 03 and send our passports the following day. We received in back last March 16 with COPR and till now it was not confirmed yet. I raised a WEBform a week after and received a reply by the end of March saying to wait for further instructions. Till then i did not received/hear anything from IRCC. Last friday, i sent another WEBFORM asking if I could do a telephone confirmation of PR and i am still waiting for their reply.
Just this morning, i called them and waited for around 25 minutes and I talked to an agent. I inquired about landing interview and phone confirmation. I was told by the agent that not everybody will be accommodated with the phone interview. Only those with special cases and those COPR is about to expire will be contacted. I am not sure if that is true. As to landing interviews with IRCC office, i was told to wait for further instructions. Pretty much she was saying for me to wait...lol!

Cheers...

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hey, Thank you for providing an update and congratulations to you. This was the information I was looking for. As per the GCMS notes (as of 4th April), my application was approved in 2nd week of March and has been assigned to Etobicoke IRCC. I am still waiting for my landing appointment.
Hi. Based on your cic account, when was your application approved? Mine is March 13 and also waiting for landing appointment

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020

Good Day,

Thank you,

Etobicoke IRCC Landings
hi. Which email address did you send inquiry for this? I‘m supposed to have my inland interview in etobicoke as well

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi,

Just like you guys, i am also in the same situation. I got my application approved last March 03 and send our passports the following day. We received in back last March 16 with COPR and till now it was not confirmed yet. I raised a WEBform a week after and received a reply by the end of March saying to wait for further instructions. Till then i did not received/hear anything from IRCC. Last friday, i sent another WEBFORM asking if I could do a telephone confirmation of PR and i am still waiting for their reply.
Just this morning, i called them and waited for around 25 minutes and I talked to an agent. I inquired about landing interview and phone confirmation. I was told by the agent that not everybody will be accommodated with the phone interview. Only those with special cases and those COPR is about to expire will be contacted. I am not sure if that is true. As to landing interviews with IRCC office, i was told to wait for further instructions. Pretty much she was saying for me to wait...lol!

Cheers...
Bu

Hi, what time did you call? I was trying to call and speak with an agent but cannot reach through. When is your copr expiring?