+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi
I received the PR confirmation mail today.
By client copy , do you mean the Copr document that was received along with passport?
By ircc copy, do you mean the one that was sent in mail as a proof of our PR confirmation status?
Can you please clarify on what is meant by ircc copy and client copy?

thanks in advance.
When you received the COPR along with the passport you must have received 2 identical copies for each applicant. One with Photo attached will have "IRCC Copy" written at the bottom in the footer. One without the Photo will have "Client Copy"written in the footer.

Reactions: senhari2005

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Many Congratulations on receiving your PR Confirmation. In the 2 Copies you must have there is one called IRCC Copy and the other is Client Copy. The client copy will remain with you and the IRCC copy has to be sent back. Based on earlier posts on this forum, i believe that you need to send additional photograph. I believe that you can use the letter you have received as proof of PR for a period of 1 year from receipt. You will need to retain the Client Copy in case you want to file for Citizenship at a later date.

If you dont mind could you share your province and your COPR expiry date..

Congrats again.
Ho

Hi. Did you sign the ircc copy of the copr?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Ho

Hi. Did you sign the ircc copy of the copr?
I just called the customer Support. The person answering was not very confident but she said that if it is not explicitly asked to sign the IRCC copy , the I should NOT sign it.

Anyone on this forum who has a firm knowledge on whether this COPR copy that we send back should be signed or not?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
I just called the customer Support. The person answering was not very confident but she said that if it is not explicitly asked to sign the IRCC copy , the I should NOT sign it.

Anyone on this forum who has a firm knowledge on whether this COPR copy that we send back should be signed or not?
I think we don’t need to sign because there’s no clear instruction for that. But i’m only going to send ircc copy and not client copy. On the letter it even said that if you don’t have the copr on-hand you can just send a copy of that letter (that letter have no signature from us) and a photo.

VLVanaja

Jan 24, 2019
Hi

Have a doubt regarding the documents that should be submitted for receiving PR card.

In the mail it was mentioned that i should submit my copr document along with one photo.

When they shared the copr letter, I already had one photo attached in my ircc copy of copr.
Can i use the same or Should i take any new photos?

anyone here who received mails and submitted the copr letter for receiving pr card?

Thanks

Reactions: may2019

VLVanaja

Jan 24, 2019
When you received the COPR along with the passport you must have received 2 identical copies for each applicant. One with Photo attached will have "IRCC Copy" written at the bottom in the footer. One without the Photo will have "Client Copy"written in the footer.
Thanks for the reply

can you let me know if i can use the same photo on IRCC copy?
Or should i take a new photo?

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Thanks for the reply

can you let me know if i can use the same photo on IRCC copy?
Or should i take a new photo?
Take a new photo since they have specified that the stamp of the photo store and some other details need to be mentioned on the reverse. The photo on the COPR is pasted. So you obviously will not be able to provide these details. Better to be safe.

Reactions: senhari2005

Diljot Kaur

Sep 24, 2018
Hey, I am also a COPR holder and my visa is granted from 20th Mar 2020. Am I eligible to fly because on cic.gc.ca I can see that people whose applications were approved before 18th or on 18th Mar 2020? Of course, my application was approved before that it is nowhere on the docs when my application was approved. All I have is a Passport request letter received on 16th Mar 2020. Please help.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello friends... Any idea of any Photo Centers being open for the purpose of taking these photographs needed for the PR Card application (in and around mississauga) . Most major ones like Walmart, Costco, Staples are closed. Any leads would be appreciated.

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Hi

Have a doubt regarding the documents that should be submitted for receiving PR card.

In the mail it was mentioned that i should submit my copr document along with one photo.

When they shared the copr letter, I already had one photo attached in my ircc copy of copr.
Can i use the same or Should i take any new photos?

anyone here who received mails and submitted the copr letter for receiving pr card?

Thanks
Which visa office?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi
By client copy , do you mean the Copr document that was received along with passport?
By ircc copy, do you mean the one that was sent in mail as a proof of our PR confirmation status?
Can you please clarify on what is meant by ircc copy and client copy?

thanks in advance.
As specified above, when you receive your passports back, you get two copies of CoPR: one for the IRCC, and one for the client. It's written at the bottom of each page.
It's not clear on the email, and I did not confirm with an agent, but it seemed logical for me to send only the IRCC copy with my signature.
Good luck!

Reactions: canuck78

biffin1123

Apr 30, 2020
- PR card instructions come in the PR email. We have to mail the CoPR and a passport standard photo to a specific IRCC office, and they will mail the PR card to the applicant.
Hi, I received the same email. It asked me to send CoPR and One Photo to the specified address.
But I have a couple of doubts that need to be clarified.

1. Am I supposed to send ONLY the IRCC copy and keep the client copy?
2. Should I sign on the CoPR?
3. When I received the CoPR,it had my photo with the right specifications attached to it. Can I send the same photo or should I send a new one?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edit: I just saw the the latest comments. Looks like others have the same questions. I think I got answers for questions 1 and 2.

Last edited:

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Hi, I received the same email. It asked me to send CoPR and One Photo to the specified address.

3. When I received the CoPR,it had my photo with the right specifications attached to it. Can I send the same photo or should I send a new one?

Edit: I just saw the the latest comments. Looks like others have the same questions. I think I got answers for questions 1 and 2.
Suggest to call IRCC call centre to seek clarification. Post it here too to help others in the similar situation.

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020

Hi,
Which visa office was handling your case?

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019

Congratulations! Here is what I did, based on my interpretation of the email, without any confirmation/validation from IRCC:

1. I signed and sent only the IRCC copy. I kept the client copy because, as far as I know, we need it when applying for citizenship in the future.
2. I signed and dated the IRCC copy of CoPR.
3. In addition to the photo that came attached to CoPR, I sent another copy (of the same photo), with my name and UCI on the back.

Again, this is what I did, because it seemed logical to me. Do not quote me on that :)