+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

yyuukkyy

Mar 14, 2017
I called IRCC today, they have nothing to say about the email confirmation for PR status. I asked whether I can schedule an phone interview. They said nothing they can do for me at this moment. All I need to do is be patient and wait. I have been waiting and waiting and don't know when will be the end. Hope I can get the luck as well.

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Hi all, it seems like only those who have had COPR got the PR status confirmation letter recently. Just want to see if there's any one who was scheduled for an inland landing interview but hasn't received a CoPR also got the PR status email?

I'm an inland applicant and got an "inland landing interview" letter on March 5th(No Copr or PPR) and on the letter my landing interview was scheduled on March 16 which got cancelled due to the COVID19 situation.

Really wondering if this golden " PR status letter" will happen to my case(have no Copr in hand)too.

I finally had a call with one agent now and he was telling me that I can only wait till further contacted by ircc regarding landing interview. When I asked some are getting pr status email and could mine be the same, he replied he doesn't know.

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
I called IRCC today, they have nothing to say about the email confirmation for PR status. I asked whether I can schedule an phone interview. They said nothing they can do for me at this moment. All I need to do is be patient and wait. I have been waiting and waiting and don't know when will be the end. Hope I can get the luck as well.
Same here :( So sad that the only thing we can do now is "keep waiting".

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
How do you apply for SIN, PR and Health cards after this step?
- PR card instructions come in the PR email. We have to mail the CoPR and a passport standard photo to a specific IRCC office, and they will mail the PR card to the applicant.
- SIN: in-person applications are suspended, obviously. So we can apply online (https://eservices.canada.ca/en/Sin/).
- Health card: depends on the province you live in (generally we have to wait 3 months after becoming PR to apply, but some provinces have waived this grace period due to covid-19). The PR email works as proof of PR status if we haven't received the card yet.

Hi,

Has anyone with implied status received the PR confirmation email? I am worried that mine might be delayed due to my current status. My application was approved in February and it seems that most people who have received this email got approved in March. Please let me know.
I received the PR email on April 24, and I was on implied status since April 1. My CoPR was issued on March 3 and was valid until June 6. However, I had applied for an extension before the expiration of the previous visa, so it was not a restoration of status like yours.

Hi,
Is there anyone here who was on a travel visa and got the PR email?
Yes, I was on a visitor record until March 30, applied for an extension before that, and was on implied "visitor" status as of April 1. I got the PR email on April 24.

Last edited:

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
To everyone else, be patient and keep a valid status while waiting for PR email. We all have waited for a long time until now (most of us for more than the 6-month deadline), so we are experts on practicing patience and being surprised by IRCC. :D
Good luck to all! Everything will be fine! ;)

Last edited:

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
This totally makes sense. I read before that we need CoPR for citizenship. This totally slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!
Hi, i received the email today! Totally unexpected since it is Sunday.

Now, to those who submitted their CoPRs back, did you guys sent both copies? Or should i keep one for myself?
I raised a webform yesterday, and CIC Saskatoon only took a day for them to respond. Where are you from? It's possible that if your nearest visa office is in a bigger city (ie. Toronto or Vancouver) it might take for them a longer time to respond. Keep the positive vibes tho, as you can see, all of us who received CoPR prior to the lockdown date have received this email. IRCC hasn't forgotten us. :)

Thank you! I did not get any verification phone call nor a scheduled interview date. I just received an email stating that I have a message in my IRCC account, and then a few minutes after is the email from CIC Saskatoon confirming my PR. However, I raised a webform yesterday to "try" to book a landing appointment with my nearest visa office.

PR Approval date = March 12
Hi ravriener12

Could you please suggest me did you email IRCC SASKATOON OFFICE or just a webform as my appointment was also scheduled in saskatoon office in march and i got approved in february ..

Can you please suggest me what should i do as i have already call IRCC last week they said i have to wait ..
Waiting for your reply!!

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi. Just like to share an update. On my cic account they changed counterfoil status to invalid and entered copr as valid. I called ircc earlier, waited for 23 mins to get through and asked what that update in my account meant. He checked it for a while and told me that I am already a permanent resident. I told him I did not receive any email confirming it, so he said he will email etobicoke office cause that’s where I’m supposed to have the landing appointment. He said that it’s his first time seeing this situation, i.e skipped the phone interview. He even said that my pr card processing is on going. So I asked what photo will they use cause I only submitted them an online copy during my express entry application. He told me to just wait for their email for further instruction. My Copr is expiring on June 9, 2020.

so it seems that every office does it differently. I am not sure if they considered my case as urgent because it’s near expiry.
Will update again once I’ve received instruction for Pr card processing.

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hi ravriener12

Could you please suggest me did you email IRCC SASKATOON OFFICE or just a webform as my appointment was also scheduled in saskatoon office in march and i got approved in february ..

Can you please suggest me what should i do as i have already call IRCC last week they said i have to wait ..
Waiting for your reply!!
Hello,

I only raised a webform asking for a telephone interview to validate my PR, and then an email from IRCC Saskatoon came containing the PR confirmation.

What I can suggest to you is raise a webform and "try" to book a telephone interview. Make sure to upload your CoPR and passport (that's what I did atleast) before you submit the webform, and just wait for the response. Goodluck!

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

I only raised a webform asking for a telephone interview to validate my PR, and then an email from IRCC Saskatoon came containing the PR confirmation.

What I can suggest to you is raise a webform and "try" to book a telephone interview. Make sure to upload your CoPR and passport (that's what I did atleast) before you submit the webform, and just wait for the response. Goodluck!
Thanksfpr you reply
You mind if i ask when was your COPR expiring .??
Did you have appointment booked before the office closure?

Random9465

Star Member
Jul 8, 2019
Hello,

Did you specify any IRCC office or location in your webform..??

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
Hello all,

I send an email to CIC Saskatoon asking if I need to send both copies back to them with my signature, and here is the reply of the same agent that sent me the PR confirmation:

Hello. Please send both copies of your CoPR and there is no need to sign. Once again congratulations on becoming a permanent resident of Canada.

Thank you,

IRCC Saskatoon

Immigration Unit

RdC
Your visa office might do it differently, so it's always better to make sure. ;)
Goodluck to everyone who's still waiting for their PR confirmation!

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Just want to share an update to my application...

After i called IRCC yesterday and was informed to wait for further instruction, i received a call from my lawyer yesterday afternoon. She said she received an email from Local Immigration office dated April 22 (Windsor - for my case). The letter states that my permanent residence in Canada is now complete and I am now a permanent resident. It further states that the letter is a proof that I am a permanent resident and can be used to apply for benefits and services until i received the Permanent resident Card.

However, i am still asked to send to them the CoPR and a photo (for the processing of PR card i believed).

I just have some clarification and i hope you guys can enlighten me. We send our passport and Photo and it was already returned to us with CoPR (2 copies each, one is without our Photo and the other one is with photo attached). Do i need to provide another photo or the photo that was attached to the CoPR is sufficient enough? I believe the CoPR without our photo is our own personal copy, right?

Thank you guys in advance! Have a good day.

Cheers

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Just want to share an update to my application...

After i called IRCC yesterday and was informed to wait for further instruction, i received a call from my lawyer yesterday afternoon. She said she received an email from Local Immigration office dated April 22 (Windsor - for my case). The letter states that my permanent residence in Canada is now complete and I am now a permanent resident. It further states that the letter is a proof that I am a permanent resident and can be used to apply for benefits and services until i received the Permanent resident Card.

However, i am still asked to send to them the CoPR and a photo (for the processing of PR card i believed).

I just have some clarification and i hope you guys can enlighten me. We send our passport and Photo and it was already returned to us with CoPR (2 copies each, one is without our Photo and the other one is with photo attached). Do i need to provide another photo or the photo that was attached to the CoPR is sufficient enough? I believe the CoPR without our photo is our own personal copy, right?

Thank you guys in advance! Have a good day.

Cheers
Many Congratulations on receiving your PR Confirmation. In the 2 Copies you must have there is one called IRCC Copy and the other is Client Copy. The client copy will remain with you and the IRCC copy has to be sent back. Based on earlier posts on this forum, i believe that you need to send additional photograph. I believe that you can use the letter you have received as proof of PR for a period of 1 year from receipt. You will need to retain the Client Copy in case you want to file for Citizenship at a later date.

If you dont mind could you share your province and your COPR expiry date..

Congrats again.

azuredragon

Star Member
Oct 10, 2018
Many Congratulations on receiving your PR Confirmation. In the 2 Copies you must have there is one called IRCC Copy and the other is Client Copy. The client copy will remain with you and the IRCC copy has to be sent back. Based on earlier posts on this forum, i believe that you need to send additional photograph. I believe that you can use the letter you have received as proof of PR for a period of 1 year from receipt. You will need to retain the Client Copy in case you want to file for Citizenship at a later date.

If you dont mind could you share your province and your COPR expiry date..

Congrats again.
Hi,

Thank you! I am from Ontario and my CoPR will expire in September.

Cheers!

Reactions: prashantpraut