+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi, i received the email today! Totally unexpected since it is Sunday.

Now, to those who submitted their CoPRs back, did you guys sent both copies? Or should i keep one for myself?
Congratulations! I signed and sent only the "IRCC copy" and kept "Client copy". Apparently, we need the CoPR to apply for citizenship.

Reactions: EE12345

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Congratulations! I signed and sent only the "IRCC copy" and kept "Client copy". Apparently, we need the CoPR to apply for citizenship.
How do you apply for SIN, PR and Health cards after this step?

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020

Now, to those who submitted their CoPRs back, did you guys sent both copies? Or should i keep one for myself?
You are lucky. I raised a webform for a landing appointment and they asked me to resend the request to a specific email address. I wonder how long it will take them to respond now. I am in Canada. COPR since January.

Limonchella

Star Member
Jul 11, 2019
It looks like I'm the only one whose landing was put on hold just because my spouse is outside Canada at the moment. Really? I am a main candidate and first time I feel so discriminated. Why I should wait? Is anybody else in the same boat? Congratulations to everyone who got finally pr.

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Hi,

Has anyone with implied status received the PR confirmation email? I am worried that mine might be delayed due to my current status. My application was approved in February and it seems that most people who have received this email got approved in March. Please let me know.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018

Many Congratulations. Did you get any verification phone call or did the mail arrive directly. Also if you don't mind my asking you, what was your PR approval date and the scheduled interview date?
Congrats again.

Reactions: senhari2005

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi,

Has anyone with implied status received the PR confirmation email? I am worried that mine might be delayed due to my current status. My application was approved in February and it seems that most people who have received this email got approved in March. Please let me know.
Why would you think that implied status would impact your application? I trust the eligibility criteria would be same for all. I still guess they are doing some random picking or a criteria we are not aware of. But if they are going in alphabetical order based on Family name... then you definitely have some waiting to do...:) :) Ha Ha Just kidding. Don't worry friend, hopefully you will have something positive early this week. Good Luck !!!

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Why would you think that implied status would impact your application? I trust the eligibility criteria would be same for all. I still guess they are doing some random picking or a criteria we are not aware of. But if they are going in alphabetical order based on Family name... then you definitely have some waiting to do...:) :) Ha Ha Just kidding. Don't worry friend, hopefully you will have something positive early this week. Good Luck !!!
LOL.. In my case, I had to apply for a restoration of status, so I'm worried that I'll have to wait for that to get approved first which would be a nightmare :(. But you are probably right, hopefully we get good news this week!

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
LOL.. In my case, I had to apply for a restoration of status, so I'm worried that I'll have to wait for that to get approved first which would be a nightmare :(. But you are probably right, hopefully we get good news this week!
Hi. I think candidates on implied status should be considered as urgent or given higher priority, especially now in current times. Is MSP active in implied status? I will say call them or send web form and explain your situation. I had read that if PR gets approved while WP extension is in process, WP extension fee gets refunded back.

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
This totally makes sense. I read before that we need CoPR for citizenship. This totally slipped my mind. Thanks for the reminder!

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
You are lucky. I raised a webform for a landing appointment and they asked me to resend the request to a specific email address. I wonder how long it will take them to respond now. I am in Canada. COPR since January.
I raised a webform yesterday, and CIC Saskatoon only took a day for them to respond. Where are you from? It's possible that if your nearest visa office is in a bigger city (ie. Toronto or Vancouver) it might take for them a longer time to respond. Keep the positive vibes tho, as you can see, all of us who received CoPR prior to the lockdown date have received this email. IRCC hasn't forgotten us. :)

Many Congratulations. Did you get any verification phone call or did the mail arrive directly. Also if you don't mind my asking you, what was your PR approval date and the scheduled interview date?
Congrats again.
Thank you! I did not get any verification phone call nor a scheduled interview date. I just received an email stating that I have a message in my IRCC account, and then a few minutes after is the email from CIC Saskatoon confirming my PR. However, I raised a webform yesterday to "try" to book a landing appointment with my nearest visa office.

PR Approval date = March 12

C.Mei.L

Apr 27, 2020
Hi all, it seems like only those who have had COPR got the PR status confirmation letter recently. Just want to see if there's any one who was scheduled for an inland landing interview but hasn't received a CoPR also got the PR status email?

I'm an inland applicant and got an "inland landing interview" letter on March 5th(No Copr or PPR) and on the letter my landing interview was scheduled on March 16 which got cancelled due to the COVID19 situation.

Really wondering if this golden " PR status letter" will happen to my case(have no Copr in hand)too.

Last edited:

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi all, it seems like only those who have had COPR got the PR status confirmation letter recently. Just want to see if there's any one who was scheduled for an inland landing interview but hasn't received a CoPR also got the PR status email?

I'm an inland applicant and got an "inland landing interview" letter on March 5th(No Copr or PPR) and on the letter my landing interview was scheduled on March 16 which got cancelled due to the COVID19 situation.

Really wondering if this golden " PR status letter" will happen to my case(have no Copr in hand)too.
Did not understand this. How did you have a landing interview scheduled if you do not have a COPR? I thought that landing interviews are scheduled only after the COPR counterfoil is issued by IRCC (after PPR). Is it different in your case?

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019

I have Not got COPR either. My Landing interview was scheduled on Mar 27th and got cancelled. Have not got any PR status email. I am going to call IRCC now, may be once every week, and raise webform.