+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
That looks like it is done. Congratulations
Hopefully the rest of us will get ours soon. Do you mind sharing with us what you spoke with the agent? Did they ask you any questions?
Thank you!!

Nothing. I just asked for when the appointment can be scheduled. I mentioned some urgency as my spouse's visa is getting expired soon.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
The below is the text:

"I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
Thanks for sharing this, very helpful !!!

I am waiting for my landing, my interview got canceled.

Lin_Yu89

Apr 24, 2020
Hi guys,

For those who have have been able to confirm their PR, what is the current status of your counterfoil document on MyCIC account.

I'm worried because mine was updated to "Your document is invalid" 2 days ago. I noticed that there is also a new document called "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" which has a status of "Your document is valid". I am still awaiting the phone call/email but I'm not sure if I should worried or if this is a good sign since the counterfoil document or temp visas are usually cancelled after landing. My PR application was approved in February.

Please let me know.

Reactions: may2019

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi guys,

For those who have have been able to confirm their PR, what is the current status of your counterfoil document on MyCIC account.

I'm worried because mine was updated to "Your document is invalid" 2 days ago. I noticed that there is also a new document called "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)" which has a status of "Your document is valid". I am still awaiting the phone call/email but I'm not sure if I should worried or if this is a good sign since the counterfoil document or temp visas are usually cancelled after landing. My PR application was approved in February.

Please let me know.
Hi, I am reading that it is also a good idea to call them and remind them or ask for update maybe every week now. That way I think the file will get looked at and new email can come sooner.
Even I am going to call them as earliest as I can. Due to long waiting times for call I was avoiding it as there was not call back facility recently. But maybe some app is available to call for free.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I had called today and spoke with agent after waiting on call for 25 minutes. They informed me that the local office will contact me regarding appointment.

Please note that I have received COPR on Mar 25, approved on 10-Mar-2020.
Hey thanks for that update. I too think its a good idea to call them once every week to remind them, and maybe the new email would come sooner.

Do you guys use any app so that calling becomes free? Because sometime the wait is long without call back facility.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hello Friends. It is good news to hear that IRCC has started contacting individuals for completing the landing process. I have been waiting anxiously for over a month now since my landing appointment was cancelled.

Based on above posts it seems that only those who have called or raised webforms have got the call. Is there anyone on the forum who has got the call without the call being made or webform being raised? Also do they call directly or send an intimation e-mail before calling?

Thanks and stay safe all !!!

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
I have another question for someone who is aware of this...

In my CIC account till a few days back, I could see 3 rows in the document status section (1 each for myself , my spouse and my child with the document name as "Counterfoil". This status was updated on the date my COPR was issued. Now a couple of Days back 3 new lines have been added to the document section with the Document name as "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)". All other details remain the same and the status of all six documents shows as "valid" with the same expiry date in September.

Is anyone in the group aware of what this implies? Noting that I have not received and phone or e-mail till date after the landing appointment cancellation mail.

Thanks

Reactions: may2019

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
We have received a phone call today and the landing process completed (we are inland applicants). It was surprising since I was not expecting it at this time. I received the COPR in the mail on March 13.
Hi, would you easily know if the no.is legit from IRCC? Is the no.from Canada?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019

In my CIC account till a few days back, I could see 3 rows in the document status section (1 each for myself , my spouse and my child with the document name as "Counterfoil". This status was updated on the date my COPR was issued. Now a couple of Days back 3 new lines have been added to the document section with the Document name as "Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR)". All other details remain the same and the status of all six documents shows as "valid" with the same expiry date in September.

Is anyone in the group aware of what this implies? Noting that I have not received and phone or e-mail till date after the landing appointment cancellation mail.

Thanks
Hi, did you received any email with attachments?

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020

Thanks
Hi, I also noticed mine changed but the difference is that my counterfoil they put as invalid but copr is valid though they have the same expiry date. So i’m not really sure what that means.

prashantpraut

Star Member
Apr 5, 2018
Hi, I also noticed mine changed but the difference is that my counterfoil they put as invalid but copr is valid though they have the same expiry date. So i’m not really sure what that means.
For me all documents, the Counterfoil as well as COPR are showing as Valid with same expiry Date. You too did not receive any email. Right?

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
No I did not receive any e-mail as i mentioned. I only see 3 new entries in the document section when I logged into my online Express Entry Profile. I don't know what it means.
Advance congrats, hopefully, you will be receiving your PR letter.

May I know where did you notice the status change? when you login, in list view? or detail view?

Mine shows approved in list view and decision made in detailed view... and only counterfoil records for now...

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
After my call at 12:30 pm. I received an email at around 2:30 pm confirming my permanent residence status. I think it is better to call whoever has received COPR.
Hi. I am also in the same boat, visa office is Ottawa. I have my copr now but couldn’t make landing appointment cause everything is closed. Did you ask them if you need to sign one of the copr (ircc copy)? Or both copies to sign and send them with the photo?