+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

sonammmmmm

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for my dependent's passport (who is overseas) to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

From what I understand, I'll receive a separate landing appointment letter for myself as this PPR which was received was pertaining to my spouse. After how many days they contact the primary applicant for landing appointment and considering the current scenario, will it be in-person landing appointment or telephonic? Anyone with the similar experience?
I have received same letter on 14 April and I’m waiting for local office to contact me. I’ll update you if they contact me. Good luck

ravriener12

Star Member
Apr 11, 2016
We have received a phone call today and the landing process completed (we are inland applicants). It was surprising since I was not expecting it at this time. I received the COPR in the mail on March 13.
Congrats! Btw, did you raise any webform with regard to your landing process? I received my DM on March 8th, but I did not get any mail/call like this.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
We have received a phone call today and the landing process completed (we are inland applicants). It was surprising since I was not expecting it at this time. I received the COPR in the mail on March 13.
Thank you for the update. That is a progress, positive news and some hope to everyone.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I am also hearing that IRCC is looking into a #contactless #COPR_activation in which they are activating PR status if Inland Landing interview had been cancelled due to Covid. An email may get sent to candidate with more instructions on how to apply for PR card by mail. But this is still not confirmed or official yet. I do not have any official link. Just heard or read somewhere. Thanks.

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
It was March 12 and Alberta.
Congrats. You mean elifibility letter also Mentioned that, process is finalized and you will be invited for landing appointment? Am I right? If so, did they ask for any picture to send in order to issue PR Card? Or did they ask anything? Would you please share your experience with us. Once again, congrats

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Congrats!!! Can you please let us know how was the process and any information that you can provide on what are the next steps that you need to do?

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019
Congrats! Btw, did you raise any webform with regard to your landing process? I received my DM on March 8th, but I did not get any mail/call like this.
Thank you. I only raised a webform at the time I received my COPR and was looking to get an appointment when the offices were open.

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019
What did they ask you? If you don’t mind
It was so quick. The lady just asked if we are in Canada at the moment and then said you will receive an email from me today with the landing confirmation. A few minutes later I got the email with a letter and also the CIC profile got updated with COPR and the same letter added.

Reactions: may2019

ambq91

Jan 29, 2019
I am also hearing that IRCC is looking into a #contactless #COPR_activation in which they are activating PR status if Inland Landing interview had been cancelled due to Covid. An email may get sent to candidate with more instructions on how to apply for PR card by mail. But this is still not confirmed or official yet. I do not have any official link. Just heard or read somewhere. Thanks.
Congrats!!! Can you please let us know how was the process and any information that you can provide on what are the next steps that you need to do?

The letter had instructions on how to receive the PR card:

"Please print a copy of this letter and send it to us along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above; we will produce your permanent resident card once we receive it."

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
I also do have a COPR since January and reside in Montreal. They haven't called me yet and I have absolutely no idea whey they are going to do so or how to make them call me.
Any advice on how to make them call me?