+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi all,
Just to inform I received an email confirming my PR status today. I didn't get a phone interview like others, but I had called IRCC a couple of days ago, so that might have been enough to confirm my current address.

Quick timeline:
- PPR on Feb 28
- CoPR and VPR on Mar 4 (valid until June 10)
- Phone call on Mar 5 to request in person landing appointment
- WebForm on Mar 16 to inquire about flagpoling
- WebForm on Mar 20 to request phone landing appointment
- Renewal application of current visa on Mar 30
- Phone call to IRCC on Apr 22 regarding biometrics

Good luck to all . Stay call, they are working hard to accommodate everyone regardless of the crisis.

Last edited:
Reactions: may2019 and EE12345

yyuukkyy

Mar 14, 2017
Hi all,
Just to inform I received an email confirming my PR status today. I didn't get a phone interview like others, but I had called IRCC a couple of days ago, so that might have been enough to confirm my current address.

Quick timeline:
- PPR on Feb 28

Good luck to all . Stay call, they are working hard to accommodate everyone regardless of the crisis.
Hi,
Congratulations! May I ask which phone # you use to contact IRCC? I have called the one listed online so many times, but the voice message just keep telling it was closed at this moment.

cjas

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Hi,
Congratulations! May I ask which phone # you use to contact IRCC? I have called the one listed online so many times, but the voice message just keep telling it was closed at this moment.
Thanks!
The same number as always: 1-888-242-2100, then pressed 0 to speak with an agent. I tried a few times, and, eventually, someone picked up the phone.
It sounded like they were working from home and not the call center because there's a lot of echo.

Reactions: may2019

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I also do have a COPR since January and reside in Montreal. They haven't called me yet and I have absolutely no idea whey they are going to do so or how to make them call me.
Any advice on how to make them call me?
May be using the webform or call 1-888-242-2100 and speaking with agent can help.

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi all,

Quick timeline:
- PPR on Feb 28

Hey Thank you for the update. That is surely a positive news for everyone and something everyone can look forward too.

Reactions: cjas

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Hey Thank you for the update. That is surely a positive news for everyone and something everyone can look forward too.
I had called today and spoke with agent after waiting on call for 25 minutes. They informed me that the local office will contact me regarding appointment.

Please note that I have received COPR on Mar 25, approved on 10-Mar-2020.

Reactions: EE12345

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
I had called today and spoke with agent after waiting on call for 25 minutes. They informed me that the local office will contact me regarding appointment.

Please note that I have received COPR on Mar 25, approved on 10-Mar-2020.
After my call at 12:30 pm. I received an email at around 2:30 pm confirming my permanent residence status. I think it is better to call whoever has received COPR.

pooja169usp

Apr 24, 2020
After my call at 12:30 pm. I received an email at around 2:30 pm confirming my permanent residence status. I think it is better to call whoever has received COPR.
Hi,
Which city and local office? Which visa were you on? Work visa or tourist visa? Also, did you have an appointment scheduled that was cancelled?

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Hi,
Which city and local office? Which visa were you on? Work visa or tourist visa? Also, did you have an appointment scheduled that was cancelled?
I am in Ottawa. ICT Work Visa. I was not having any appointment. By the time I got my passports, they closed all their offices.

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
I have question, so, after this email is received, officially our status changed to PR from temporary status? or do we need to wait for PR cards?

pooja169usp

Apr 24, 2020
I am in Ottawa. ICT Work Visa. I was not having any appointment. By the time I got my passports, they closed all their offices.
Yes. Even I am waiting to complete my landing process. I have my CoPR. What does the email say? Do you have to send them the signed copy of CoPR? What is the next step?

AnilK2015

Apr 22, 2020
Yes. Even I am waiting to complete my landing process. I have my CoPR. What does the email say? Do you have to send them the signed copy of CoPR? What is the next step?
The below is the text:

"I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."

pooja169usp

Apr 24, 2020
The below is the text:

"I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!

This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for government benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

This letter does not replace the permanent resident card; you are still required to submit the documentation to obtain your permanent resident card. If you have a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in-hand, please send it along with one photo that meets our photo specifications to the address listed above. Please ensure that you write your unique client identifier (UCI) and name on the back of the photo. If your address has changed, please provide us with your current address.

We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the Government of Canada’s order to stay home during the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime,this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
That looks like it is done. Congratulations
Hopefully the rest of us will get ours soon. Do you mind sharing with us what you spoke with the agent? Did they ask you any questions?