+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Inland Landing appointments/interviews affected by Covid

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hello. All Inland PR Landing appointments/interviews after 18th March were cancelled, and it is said they are going to get rescheduled or done via. telephonic interviews.
Created this thread to check if anyone has any new information/update on it. Thank you.

Hodanagah

Mar 29, 2018
I am in Ottawa and my COPR and vosa expires on 5 May and submitted a form and spoke to IRCC, nothing. Are they doing phone interviews for landing process? I am very tense and anxious. Not sure what to do. Can someone share some information

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
This is likely considered as non-essential, so federal government services/workloads are paused, and resources are being reallocated to covid-19-related activities.

Reactions: EE12345

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
I am in Ottawa and my COPR and vosa expires on 5 May and submitted a form and spoke to IRCC, nothing. Are they doing phone interviews for landing process? I am very tense and anxious. Not sure what to do. Can someone share some information
Hi, first of all you do not have to worry or be tense at all. Congratulations on your COPR. As per my knowledge, Inland PR Landing Interviews (Telephonic and In-person) have been cancelled for now, and I have not received any update on when they will get rescheduled.
However, if your COPR is expiring you can ask to extend its expiry date using webform I think. IRCC already knows that due to COVID they are not able to do InLand Landing interviews. Call centres have also closed I believe for phone call assistance.
But, you can request extension using webform and I think they will surely and happily help you as they know Inland COPRs are stuck due to Covid. I think IRCC is extending COPR dates of candidates outside Canada in other countries too. Here is a link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Reactions: Hodanagah

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for my dependent's passport (who is overseas) to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

From what I understand, I'll receive a separate landing appointment letter for myself as this PPR which was received was pertaining to my spouse. After how many days they contact the primary applicant for landing appointment and considering the current scenario, will it be in-person landing appointment or telephonic? Anyone with the similar experience?

Last edited:

EE12345

Star Member
Jun 22, 2019
Hi Everyone,

I am CEC inland and on April 17, 2020 I received a request letter in my CIC inbox for my dependent's passport (who is overseas) to finalize the process. In the request letter, the opening paragraph states the following

"To finalize your application, we require the following documents from your overseas dependent(s). Passports for dependent(s) should only be submitted after you, the primary applicant has received the confirmation of permanent residence status. As the primary applicant, you will be contacted separately by your local IRCC office in regard to your landing appointment."

From what I understand, I'll receive a separate landing appointment letter for myself as this PPR which was received was pertaining to my spouse. After how many days they contact the primary applicant for landing appointment and considering the current scenario, will it be in-person landing appointment or telephonic? Anyone with the similar experience?
My landing appointment was scheduled on 17th Mar in Vancouver but got cancelled due to Covid. Since then I have not received any update from IRCC as to when the appointment will be. Also, I have not heard from anyone whose Landing Appointment was held/ went through, after March 18 as all after March 18 were canceled until further notice.
IRCC website says they will be rescheduled later (telephonic or in person) but does not indicate when, and are cancelled everywhere for now.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
My landing appointment was scheduled on 17th Mar in Vancouver but got cancelled due to Covid. Since then I have not received any update from IRCC as to when the appointment will be. Also, I have not heard from anyone whose Landing Appointment was held/ went through, after March 18 as all after March 18 were canceled until further notice.
IRCC website says they will be rescheduled later (telephonic or in person) but does not indicate when, and are cancelled everywhere for now.
Thank you for the information.

ih.un

Star Member
Apr 28, 2017
Montreal
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi Everyone,

Would you please update for landing interview once you will be scheduled
Thanks in advance

Reactions: EE12345

Newlife15

Feb 6, 2019
I recieved DM ..Feb 26 2020 Montreal INLAND .
Waiting for COPR and interview?
Any ideas if they are issuing copr.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
I recieved DM ..Feb 26 2020 Montreal INLAND .
Waiting for COPR and interview?
Any ideas if they are issuing copr.
As far as anyone knows processing is still continuing just taking longer due to reduced staffing levels. Also note that even if a COPR is issued there are no inland appointments available currently and flagpoling is not an option either.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/general-measures.html

Newlife15

Feb 6, 2019
We have received a phone call today and the landing process completed (we are inland applicants). It was surprising since I was not expecting it at this time. I received the COPR in the mail on March 12.
Congrats , when did you get the DM and which province