+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Itsgps

Oct 25, 2020
My photo has been rejected twice now. I have uploaded it 3rd time and I hope it goes through. I got second refusal within 2 days. The reason they gave for second one was vague (face too big/too small). At least tell if its big or small. Fingers crossed for the third one. It's getting frustrating getting stuck on the last step.

First Photo uploaded - 17 Aug
Rejection - 23 Aug
Second Photo - 23 Aug
Rejection - 25 Aug
Third Photo - 25 Aug
Hi is your 3rd phot accepted ? I got my first photo rejected which I used in my Post ITA EE application

John0912

Feb 15, 2021
I got a reminder too. Someone else got it too. This is strange. First email says “Pre-Email” and second says “Reminder”. Where did the actual email go then?
I just got my Portal credential emails on a Sunday, September 19th evening. Just submitted our pictures.

Now waiting game is moved to waiting for eCOPR.

Vlcbs

Jan 3, 2020
@Vlcbs @John0912 guys, check your inbox, my credentials came on Saturday 10.59PM ET. I am planning to open a prophecy sort of business, going forward :D
I just got my Portal credential emails on a Sunday, September 19th evening. Just submitted our pictures.

Now waiting game is moved to waiting for eCOPR.
heyyy guyys I got my eCOPR tonight just 30 minutes ago. Submitted my credentials this morning

KND0317

Sep 20, 2021
Anybody received ecopr after 2 months. I am waiting since July 7th.
We've also been waiting since the beginning of July. I've emailed twice with no response and called 3 times. Each time we've called, we're told something different by the agent answering the phone. Last week when we called we were told that there is a glitch in the system and that even though they can see we submitted our info after receiving the PR portal email, the information never populated.....and now our landing is expired. Someone from the IRCC will have to notice that our info is there, but not populated before anything can progress. Unfortunately, when we asked how long that might be, the agent said he didn't know because someone would have to notice it first?!?!? He also said that before anything could move forward, we will have to be re-landed, but that it is at the discretion of the agent.

Basically, it sounds like we are in some sort of glitch and that the app will never move forward from here. :( If anyone has any ideas how we might be able to resolve this, I'd appreciate any input or ideas.

Csr112007

Aug 11, 2021
We've also been waiting since the beginning of July. I've emailed twice with no response and called 3 times. Each time we've called, we're told something different by the agent answering the phone. Last week when we called we were told that there is a glitch in the system and that even though they can see we submitted our info after receiving the PR portal email, the information never populated.....and now our landing is expired. Someone from the IRCC will have to notice that our info is there, but not populated before anything can progress. Unfortunately, when we asked how long that might be, the agent said he didn't know because someone would have to notice it first?!?!? He also said that before anything could move forward, we will have to be re-landed, but that it is at the discretion of the agent.

Basically, it sounds like we are in some sort of glitch and that the app will never move forward from here. :( If anyone has any ideas how we might be able to resolve this, I'd appreciate any input or ideas.
I submitted web form and Ircc replied that they are busy with Afganistan Refugee cases.

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021

Hey sorry to hear about your situation, its so disheartening.
Just wondering who you emailed.
I submitted my photo and address on Friday for myself, my spouse and daughter and received ECoPR for only myself and spouse nothing for my daughter just trying to figure out who to make contact with.

KND0317

Sep 20, 2021
Hey sorry to hear about your situation, its so disheartening.
Just wondering who you emailed.
I submitted my photo and address on Friday for myself, my spouse and daughter and received ECoPR for only myself and spouse nothing for my daughter just trying to figure out who to make contact with.
We used the email address the IRCC agent gave us when we called: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
When we initially received our invitation to the IRCC portal, they had only added my spouse and 3 of my 4 children (2 minors, 1 adult but young enough to be counted as a dependent). They left me (principal application) and one of my adult sons (still young enough to count as a dependent) off the invitation. After 3 emails, they finally added us; but now we appear to be stuck in another PR portal glitch and no one has responded to our emails for over 2 months--well before the Afghanistan crisis.

chamchadik

Sep 9, 2021
Hi just want to check:
- Is there anything we need to do after receiving the eCOPR for the PR card process
- Any way for us to check on PR card mailing status.

thanks

Diane Matthie

Feb 28, 2019
Inland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-06-2019
AOR Received.
12-06-2019
LANDED..........
18-09-2021
We used the email address the IRCC agent gave us when we called: IRCC.ClientPortal-PortailClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca
When we initially received our invitation to the IRCC portal, they had only added my spouse and 3 of my 4 children (2 minors, 1 adult but young enough to be counted as a dependent). They left me (principal application) and one of my adult sons (still young enough to count as a dependent) off the invitation. After 3 emails, they finally added us; but now we appear to be stuck in another PR portal glitch and no one has responded to our emails for over 2 months--well before the Afghanistan crisis.
Oh my god my heart sank to the floor to hear your story.
Things do happen and system do break, But my god it is 2 months.
I guess I am stuck too.
I send an email to that same email address and hoping they will respond.

I am so exhausted. 2yrs and 3mths of waiting and finally things started moving, got my Ecopr but cant get to enjoy or celebrate it because my daughter got left off. Its like there no end to this experience with CIC.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Hi just want to check:
- Is there anything we need to do after receiving the eCOPR for the PR card process
- Any way for us to check on PR card mailing status.

thanks
@chamchadik after rececing your eCoPR, you can link your PR card application in my CIC account to card your card updates.

Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.

T.R2021

Star Member
Aug 21, 2021
I submitted web form and Ircc replied that they are busy with Afganistan Refugee cases.
we have been waiting since July 17th…but no idea, it is the first time I have heard something like this…we have raised web forms, sent a lot of emails and we requested the GCMS notes…don’tknow what to do anymore…

Rondeshwal

Oct 20, 2020
Hello Guys
I have received first email for PR portal on July9, that time I wasn’t in canada. Now I’m in canada and sent my all details on September10, but haven’t heard anything from them about portal link.
Can we create portal account by ourself or should I have to wait more for the portal access email ?