+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

chamchadik

Sep 9, 2021
@chamchadik after rececing your eCoPR, you can link your PR card application in my CIC account to card your card updates.

Linking PR Card application;

1. Login into your CIC account as you usually do.

2. Reach the page where you click "Check full application status" to view your application and messages

3. But do not click on that rather click on " Add (link) your application to your account"

4. Select the "Category" from the dropdown as "Permanent Resident Card"

5. Under Application Details, from "Please select one" select "Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and Family Name"

6. Put your UCI as it is NO SPACES and NO HYPHES

7. Put your Family Name as on you CoPR - UPPER and LOWER CASE matter here

8. The tricky one, Place of Birth Section. Here "City/town of birth" is very very crucial. Copy it as it is on your CoPR, any commas, upper/lower case, spaces, just copy it here.

9. Select your "Country/territory of birth" from the drop down

10. Next section is pretty easy as you just select your "Date you became a permanent resident" from dropdown. This is the day you did your landing by either flagpole or landing interview

11. Put "Country of Citizenship" and "Current marital status" from dropdowns.

12. Click "Search for my application", if all the inputs are correct then it will show you that the system has found your application. You just have to click Link my application to account and it will now be shown on "View the applications you submitted" page with your Permanent Residency application.

Trying the same, the pdf eCOPR is not allowing selection to copy the City/Town of birth, anyone face similar issues. tried typing out the same but it shows no application found.
Also copr status is updated in the CIC application status form, don't know if that implies that it is already linked.

Last edited:

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
Trying the same, the pdf eCOPR is not allowing selection to copy the City/Town of birth, anyone face similar issues. tried typing out the same but it shows no application found
@chamchadik City/Town of birth is the most common issue when linking your PR card application. Caps and small matter. Try different combination. It should work.

Rami.rami

Jun 28, 2021
Am waiting since since june 30 for my Ecopr and I already ircc 10 times and listening same thing “sir we can’t provide exactl timeline “ its really disturbing….

EWO2021

Jul 30, 2021
@chamchadik City/Town of birth is the most common issue when linking your PR card application. Caps and small matter. Try different combination. It should work.
Has anyone tried to link pr card without eCOPR document? I'm wondering if I'm not going to get mine because I 'landed' a week ago and I've screwed something up and will just get PR card

EWO2021

Jul 30, 2021
Am waiting since since june 30 for my Ecopr and I already ircc 10 times and listening same thing “sir we can’t provide exactl timeline “ its really disturbing….
I'm just waiting on the phone, to be told they can't do anything I'm sure! I've been waiting since Sept 8.

John0912

Feb 15, 2021
I just got my Portal credential emails on a Sunday, September 19th evening. Just submitted our pictures.

Now waiting game is moved to waiting for eCOPR.
Got our eCOPR the day after getting my credentials for the portal.

Now the waiting game is moved to waiting for the PR Card.

Reactions: Vlcbs

pjsandhu

Oct 28, 2020
Got our eCOPR the day after getting my credentials for the portal.

Now the waiting game is moved to waiting for the PR Card.
I also got credentials email on Saturday n on Sunday ecopr… now waiting for PR card… hope it will come fast.. we are planning to go back home…

do you have any idea how many days for PR card processing???

Reactions: John0912

John0912

Feb 15, 2021
I also got credentials email on Saturday n on Sunday ecopr… now waiting for PR card… hope it will come fast.. we are planning to go back home…

I have been looking at some threats including this one.
For some ppl who got their eCOPR right away, they sometimes get their PR card within 2 weeks.
Hoping we are one of those lucky people!

Nmak

Aug 23, 2021

I got my copr on Aug 27….and still waiting for my card

vinothkumar92

Sep 21, 2021
Is here anyone who was not in canada when you got your Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal ?
Hi,

I am on the same boat. I have my portal confirmation received yesterday, but I am not in Canada at the moment. I had a discussion with the agent and they told I had to be in Canada for the PR to processed or alteratively, i can transfer my files to the local mission within India so I can get the Ready for visa letter. But I am not sure on the timelines, Anyone here know whether it's risk to have our files transferred to local mission and have it processed here.

Please advice. Thanks

Rondeshwal

Oct 20, 2020
Hi,

I am on the same boat. I have my portal confirmation received yesterday, but I am not in Canada at the moment. I had a discussion with the agent and they told I had to be in Canada for the PR to processed or alteratively, i can transfer my files to the local mission within India so I can get the Ready for visa letter. But I am not sure on the timelines, Anyone here know whether it's risk to have our files transferred to local mission and have it processed here.

Please advice. Thanks
Same my agent told me that.
How long does it takes to sent you yours portal login details ?
I have sent my all details on September 11 and till yet nothing heard back from them. I called ircc, they told me we can cannot say anything how long does it takes but you have to wait for it.

vinothkumar92

Sep 21, 2021
Same my agent told me that.
How long does it takes to sent you yours portal login details ?
I have sent my all details on September 11 and till yet nothing heard back from them. I called ircc, they told me we can cannot say anything how long does it takes but you have to wait for it.
I haven't received my login details yet. I am still confused whether I should have my file transferred to India or should I fly back to Canada as soon as possible. You're in canada or abroad right now? When did you get your portal email and how long you were staying abroad before flying back, if you're already in India

Rondeshwal

Oct 20, 2020
I haven't received my login details yet. I am still confused whether I should have my file transferred to India or should I fly back to Canada as soon as possible. You're in canada or abroad right now? When did you get your portal email and how long you were staying abroad before flying back, if you're already in India
I received my first email on july9, that time I was in india and I returned back on September 10 as my agent told me that you have to declare that you are in canada. I emailed them with my all details on September 11 but nothing get back from there side.
Everyone is getting portal login link in 2-3 days.
I don’t know how much time they’ll take more.