+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
But I have BOWP visa? "Technically" my PR isn't approved if I tell them I am out of the country temporarily and BOWP will still be active to enter back into Canada as long as I show my proof of residence here. Am I wrong?
As long as your eCOPR isn't confirmed, you can use your current visa to fly in and out of the country. Once, your eCOPR is approved and say you're not in Canada, then you will have to contact your nearest VAC & apply for PR Travel Document to enter back.

So in your case, I'd say I am in Canada and proceed with the PR process for now (because you are atm).

Last edited:

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020
As long as your eCOPR isn't confirmed, you can use your current visa to fly in and out of the country. Once, your eCOPR is approved and say you're not in Canada, then you will have to contact your nearest VAC & apply for PR Travel Document to enter back.

So in your case, I'd say I am in Canada and proceed with the PR process for now (because you are atm).
I think if they issue COPR while we are outside canada, that document will not be valid. one of friend was in same situation, they contacted the ircc, then ircc cancelled the Copr and asked them inform once they travelled to canada

Reactions: Mr. E

Arry2019

Jun 8, 2019
My email 27 jun first email after that just waiting waiting waiting

Hi, for those who are waiting for eCOPR after submitting details...

If you are on implied status(maintained status) it may take a bit longer than usual because, IRCC will have to approve your temporary status first before confirming your PR status.
Got this information from IRCC Client Support Centre agent today.

I am on implied status right now and my primary office(Ottawa) has asked visa processing centre(Edmonton) to expedite my temporary resident application.

This waiting period is so stressful.

I have submitted all details in the portal on July 6th, 2021.
Still waiting for my eCoPR...

sriinn

Star Member
May 28, 2020

If you are on implied status(maintained status) it may take a bit longer than usual because, IRCC will have to approve your temporary status first before confirming your PR status.

I am on implied status right now and my primary office(Ottawa) has asked visa processing centre(Edmonton) to expedite my temporary resident application.

it may be case to case. i have valid WP status and still waiting on eCOPR from July 13th....VO Ottawa

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Did anyone receive a new email titled "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - [Application #]" again but with the PDF slightly different from the original? It seems they've updated the PDF letter and it trigged an automated mass email to everyone who had received the "old" version.

Scarpio1982

Jul 15, 2021
Did anyone receive a new email titled "IRCC Permanent Residence Confirmation Portal - [Application #]" again but with the PDF slightly different from the original? It seems they've updated the PDF letter and it trigged an automated mass email to everyone who had received the "old" version.
Yes i received titled ircc permanent residence but no attachment pdf only below note. And i reply same day 27 jun and still waiting from ircc side .not received 2nd email

Scarpio1982

Jul 15, 2021

Thanks you given information

VVCanadaVV

Apr 3, 2020
Hi there
I got my Copr on June 07 2021(Waiting for my PR card) and was asked to directly sent my photo and copr letter to local IRCC office which I did the same day via Canada post but heard nothing back from them(No portal in my case) about my PR card. Their phone number is not working and I emailed them 3 -4 times no reply at all. I check online in the status tool but no record their either. What should I do?

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Yes i received titled ircc permanent residence but no attachment pdf only below note. And i reply same day 27 jun and still waiting from ircc side .not received 2nd email
I received the email 3 times. 2 times before they sent the PR Portal credentials and 1 time after (today). It seems to be a glitch..

Meowexpress

Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone,
I got the pr confirmation portal credentials today and am updating my mailing address in the portal.
Can I put an address that is different from the one that is in my pr application? I'm moving in a few days so I want my pr card mailed to my new address.

Mr. E

Star Member
Jul 23, 2021
I think if they issue COPR while we are outside canada, that document will not be valid. one of friend was in same situation, they contacted the ircc, then ircc cancelled the Copr and asked them inform once they travelled to canada
Interesting. I don't know why they would do that. I spoke to an agent a few weeks ago stating the same reason that I might travel due to urgent reasons. They said I will have to use the eCOPR and contact the VAC to get the PRTD. But good to know though. Hopefully I get it before travelling. Thank you

Last edited: