+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
One Piece of Information I wish to share.. When my PR card was delivered it was not put in the post box it was just kept near the common area which is a big red flag from Canada Post. I am not sure why IRCC cannot send such an important document via registered post which has some tracking.
thanks for sharing. did you get ghost update before the "approval" status of PR card?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
thanks for sharing. did you get ghost update before the "approval" status of PR card?
I got a GU after the approval. My PR card was approved on 6th Feb, no update i logged in GC Key and checked it. On 7th i got a GU not sure if that is when it was shipped.

But it shipped from CPC Sydney NS and it took about 6 Business days to arrive in Metro Vancouver Area.

Reactions: KalV and whozarm

gottagetthatpr

Star Member
Dec 14, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - Feb 08th 2023, 1:05PM - Etobicoke. (Replied the same day).
Email with PR Portal credentials - Feb 09th 2023, 5:39PM (declaration and photo submitted the same day).
eCoPR generation date - Feb 15th 2023, 4:21PM (eCoPR for me and spouse).
PR Cards received - Pending
VO - CPC Ottawa (PR Confirmation e-mail came from Etobicoke?).
congrats

Reactions: Can-Brits

Keyshia

Nov 2, 2022
On the gckey account was any one y’all pr card status was saying We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you ????

Reactions: vkamath

October applicant

Star Member
Nov 10, 2018
Does someone know what are all the things we need to do after receiving eCOPR and PR card? Like changing the SIN number, Health Card, Updating SIN with CRA etc?

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Does someone know what are all the things we need to do after receiving eCOPR and PR card? Like changing the SIN number, Health Card, Updating SIN with CRA etc?
Potentially renew driver’s licence. In BC, the expiry on my husband’s DL is the expiry of his temporary work visa. Will need to go into renew now that he has PR.

Not sure about health card, definitely SIN. What I read online is your temporary SIN can be used until new SIN is received. But best to start that soon. SIN will automatically get updated with CRA, but you will need to notify your employer.

Another oddball item is if you purchased a home in BC in the year prior to getting PR, you can apply to get the foreign buyer’s tax reimbursed to you.

whozarm

Star Member
Oct 16, 2022
Thanks for valuable inputs from both of you. How about bank accounts?
Good call on banks… I searched the forum and there was a member who reported you can update with the bank, but it’s not required. Under CRA, your old and new SIN will be linked. Any time an institution reports earnings under your old SIN, it’s automatically reported to your new SIN.

Looking further into health cards, yes you’ll need to update with your change of status (at least in BC it’s required).

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
You CANT enter Canada with eCorp. You need actual PR card or travel document (need to apply from outside Canada and wait up to 8 weeks‍♀)
This is incorrect. I’ve driven to the US and re-entered with my eCOPR and passport.
You cannot fly into Canada with eCOPR and the system isn’t in place for the airlines to allow you on the flight without a PR card