+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR confirmation portal timelines

Nunez027

Jul 20, 2022
Thank you so much for the info, this really helps.
Can you please confirm that if you are flying to states and then driving to Canada that is ok? IRCC confirmed that?
The person said i can travel via road using private vehicle and eCOPR. He also said that the information would be in the website. While I have not looked for the information in the website myself, if you are taking this route, i highly recommend you to look for the information, since he verbally said that to me. Also, i had already booked my return tickets, i will not be be flying to states ad it ll be a very expensive option to me and will only do that in last resort. I will apply for a PRTD as it is a lot cheaper and i am outside Canada for 6 weeks, so i am optimistic that I will receive it by then. But its good to know that we have options to enter canada without PR card. Also, i really hope that the pr portal is not a glitch and they have infact started processing our PR cards

Reactions: Mihir_Gajjar

TOM19

Jan 14, 2023
Hello Guys

I have received the portal email on Jan 14 (Saturday) and replied the same day. After reply, I received an automatic message

"This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC."

Does this mean something wrong? Should I send the reply again? It has been 4 days and I did not receive credentials yet

Please advise
Thanks

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Guys

I have received the portal email on Jan 14 (Saturday) and replied the same day. After reply, I received an automatic message

"This email address is dedicated solely to clients invited by IRCC to use the Permanent Residence (PR) Portal in order to be confirmed as permanent residents. You must be invited by IRCC in order to have an account created in the PR Portal.

IRCC will not be responding to requests or follow-ups if you did not received an invitation from IRCC."

Does this mean something wrong? Should I send the reply again? It has been 4 days and I did not receive credentials yet

Please advise
Thanks
Hi! no it's normal I believe. I received PR portal on the 13th and only received credentials today.

Nunez027

Jul 20, 2022
Hello Guys

Please advise
Thanks
That is the automated email you get after you reply back with your details. While I had received mine the next day, I have seen people waiting for the portal link for a longer time. There might not be any harm sending them your details again, but I am unsure if that will do any good? Personally, i would not worry much as they take their sweet time to send the links, unless you have a travel plans outside Canada coming soon or if your work permit is expiring soon.

jacko1995

Jun 2, 2021
PR Confirmation e-mail - Jan 13 2023 (Replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - Jan 18 2023
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Jan 18 2023
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Card received - Pending
VO - Etobicocke

AFKM

Jan 18, 2023
Hi, my wife and I received an email from the IRCC yesterday that we are finally PR in Canada after we sent our credentials to the PR confirmation portal in December. In the email, they mentioned that the eCopr has been uploaded by the IRCC officer and you can now download it, but there is nothing in the portal as only my wife's mailing address is approved, not her declaration in Canada or photo. Similarly, in the portal, nothing has been updated for me, and all are in review by the IRCC. Can anyone explain to me please why the eCopr is not available to download?
Also, as we have the same PR portal and my wife is the main applicant, she only received the PR email from the IRCC and got her mailing address approved only which is not the case for me. Is it possible that we do not get our eCopr at the same time?

Shubh1208

Sep 19, 2019
Hi, my wife and I received an email from the IRCC yesterday that we are finally PR in Canada after we sent our credentials to the PR confirmation portal in December. In the email, they mentioned that the eCopr has been uploaded by the IRCC officer and you can now download it, but there is nothing in the portal as only my wife's mailing address is approved, not her declaration in Canada or photo. Similarly, in the portal, nothing has been updated for me, and all are in review by the IRCC. Can anyone explain to me please why the eCopr is not available to download?
Also, as we have the same PR portal and my wife is the main applicant, she only received the PR email from the IRCC and got her mailing address approved only which is not the case for me. Is it possible that we do not get our eCopr at the same time?
When did you submit in December? And which Vo?
Give some time it should be there soon! Congratulations

happywby

Dec 21, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - Nov, 5th 2022
Email with PR Portal credentials - 8th Dec 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - 8th Dec 2022
eCoPR generation date - Pending
PR Cards received - Pending
VO - Etobicoke

Still waiting........

AFKM

Jan 18, 2023
When did you submit in December? And which Vo?
Give some time it should be there soon! Congratulations
Thanks. We submitted the credentials in December and got a PR Congratulation email yesterday. But, no eCopr is available to download. VO is Etobicoke. Is it possible they only give one of us the ecopr and PR cards as mine are still in-review in the same portal we have?

Simran0711

Jan 6, 2023
So what you are saying is, if IRCC issues the COPR While I am traveling outside of the country (I never told them) it is immediately held? Because I am outside of Canada? Plus, I would be allowed thereafter to re-enter canada on my TRV and work permit. And then somehow inform IRCC that I am back in canada (when I never told them I was out to begin with) that I need the hold removed.

This is the first time I am hearing this line of argument. If you have proof of this somewhere I would love to read it.
It would be better if you don’t travel without eCoPR. I was in the same boat as you. And I had my tickets booked for travel last Sunday. I was desperately waiting for CoPR but it didn’t come. I had to cancel my ticket.
I checked with IRCC and immigration consultants, they advised me not to leave country in order to avoid further complications. Your work permit is valid until you receive eCoPR.

Reactions: Mihir_Gajjar

orionD

Oct 4, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - Dec 23, 2022
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 29, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 29, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Jan 18, 2023
VO - Etobicoke

It looks like they have accepted my mailing address but the photo is still showing in the review. Is this a glitch?
Also, what are the steps to follow (things to update for Inland applicants) after receiving e-COPR?

Adm0202

Jan 5, 2023
PR Confirmation e-mail - Dec 23, 2022
Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec 29, 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec 29, 2022
eCoPR generation date - Jan 18, 2023
VO - Etobicoke

It looks like they have accepted my mailing address but the photo is still showing in the review. Is this a glitch?
Also, what are the steps to follow (things to update for Inland applicants) after receiving e-COPR?
Congratulations, update your sin number, heath card, if you are working right now then update your sin to your employer, update sin in your bank accounts. Then take some rest and enjoy.

Reactions: Katalo and orionD

tobyboy

Star Member
Sep 25, 2009
Congratulations, update your sin number, heath card, if you are working right now then update your sin to your employer, update sin in your bank accounts. Then take some rest and enjoy.
Do we need to update our health card? I'm from Alberta btw.

EEvan

Dec 22, 2022
PR Confirmation e-mail - 21st of November 2022 (replied the same day)
Email with PR Portal credentials - 22nd of November 2022
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - 23rd of November 2022
eCoPR generation date - 05th January 2023
PR Cards received - 18th January 2023
VO - Etobicoke