Email with PR Portal credentials - Dec,08
Photo & Address upload to PR Portal - Dec,09
eCOPR generation date - Jan 17
PR Cards received - Not yet

VO Etobicoke - CEC

Reactions: withaflash

withaflash

Apr 9, 2022
I am still waiting for my COPR do you get any email when it is generated or we have to keep checking the portal?
You will get an individual email for each applicant with subject:
PR Portal (PR confirmation) - eCoPR Available for Download | Portail RP (confirmation RP) - CRPe prête à être téléchargée

Then followed by another round of emails for each applicant with subject:

Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada! Félicitations! Vous êtes désormais résident permanent du Canada!

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
This is the big misconception. For Inland applicants, You won’t get ECOPR while staying outside canada by law. You will be IN & OUT Canada with your current temporary status. IRCC will hold your ECOPR until you come back to Canada.
So what you are saying is, if IRCC issues the COPR While I am traveling outside of the country (I never told them) it is immediately held? Because I am outside of Canada? Plus, I would be allowed thereafter to re-enter canada on my TRV and work permit. And then somehow inform IRCC that I am back in canada (when I never told them I was out to begin with) that I need the hold removed.

This is the first time I am hearing this line of argument. If you have proof of this somewhere I would love to read it.

Reactions: Mihir_Gajjar

ketanchintala

Jan 17, 2023
This is the big misconception. For Inland applicants, You won’t get ECOPR while staying outside canada by law. You will be IN & OUT Canada with your current temporary status. IRCC will hold your ECOPR until you come back to Canada.
That's not true. IRCC does not "hold" eCOPRs. It won't matter if you're inside or outside Canada, you will get your eCOPR. However, the difference is in terms of "Returning to Canada." If you're outside Canada, you'll have to apply for a PRTD and enter Canada before your eCOPR expires (Note that eCOPR cannot be extended - so you'll have to apply and get the PRTD, and travel to Canada before that). The PoE immigration officer will mainly look for 3 things: Valid passport, COPR, and PRTD. Post this, based on your mailing address the PR card process will follow.

Now this PRTD is the catch here, the processing times are hugely random and there's no assurance that you'll get it in time. That's the reason why most of the eCOPR recipients tend to NOT travel outside Canada to avoid all this hassle (we all can agree on how bad we want to avoid going back to IRCC). All the aforementioned info can be found here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/application-approved.html

srigog

Jan 16, 2023
So what you are saying is, if IRCC issues the COPR While I am traveling outside of the country (I never told them) it is immediately held? Because I am outside of Canada? Plus, I would be allowed thereafter to re-enter canada on my TRV and work permit. And then somehow inform IRCC that I am back in canada (when I never told them I was out to begin with) that I need the hold removed.

This is the first time I am hearing this line of argument. If you have proof of this somewhere I would love to read it.
What I know is that, the TRV is invalid If the IRCC issues COPR. So Basicaly if you are outide Camanada and then IRCC issues the COPR, You cannot enter with TRV. It can be easily tracked as UCI number remains same for TRV and PR applications. You cannot hide it.

You need PRTD to enter into Canada without PR card after issueing the COPR.

Permanent resident travel document: Who can apply - Canada.ca

eng2025

Dec 22, 2021
Hi All,

Hoping you can help here regarding PR Portal email response.

1) Original Entry Date- is this the date you entered Canada on your current status (e. g on work permit)? Or is this the first time you entered Canada regardless of status. E.g. I entered on visitor visa years before coming on work permit. Which date should I put?
2) When replying to email- did you change the subject of email or include the visa office info? I replied few business days back but have not received credentials yet. I just copied and pasted the questions that were asked and answered them. Wonder if I am missing something.

Thank you in advance

abjiskumar

Star Member
Jun 5, 2019
Hi All,

Hoping you can help here regarding PR Portal email response.

1) Original Entry Date- is this the date you entered Canada on your current status (e. g on work permit)? Or is this the first time you entered Canada regardless of status. E.g. I entered on visitor visa years before coming on work permit. Which date should I put?
2) When replying to email- did you change the subject of email or include the visa office info? I replied few business days back but have not received credentials yet. I just copied and pasted the questions that were asked and answered them. Wonder if I am missing something.

Thank you in advance
1) The first ever time you entered Canada regardless of status.

2) Don’t worry, I did the same. I just did reply all and copy pasted the questions and answered next to the questions.

The time for portal credentials vary from person to person from visa office to office. As long as you have replied back with the information with the answers to the questions, you will get the credentials. It took me over a month just to get credentials. Frustrating but can’t help it . Hope this helps ! Good Luck!

eng2025

Dec 22, 2021

2) Don’t worry, I did the same. I just did reply all and copy pasted the questions and answered next to the questions.

The time for portal credentials vary from person to person from visa office to office. As long as you have replied back with the information with the answers to the questions, you will get the credentials. It took me over a month just to get credentials. Frustrating but can’t help it . Hope this helps ! Good Luck!
Thank you so much! Really appreciate the quick response :)

MMCA4244

Feb 4, 2022

Which VO?

Nunez027

Jul 20, 2022

Hope this helps. After almost on hold for 90 mins, i finally talked to IRCC, what they have confirmed is I will need a PRTD if i dont have a PR card. Receiving eCOPR means we are a permanent resident and all the visa becomes invalid from that date. Sadly, my trv which was valid until 2031 is useless now. I had emailed IRCC abt my travel plans and they said it will be on hold until i return, but the very same day, i had received my eCOPR which is frustrating now as I will need a PRTD if i dont receive my PR card before i travel. I still have abt 3 weeks before i travel so fingers crossed. The other option is, i can fly to states and rent a car and then cross the border with eCOPR (should have a US visa and should travel in private vehicle- yes rented car counts as a private vehicle). Hope this helps.

Nunez027

Jul 20, 2022
Hi, I didn't receive any email but I logged in to the PR confirmation portal today morning and when I check from my phone it says "Upload photo" but if I login to the portal from my laptop it shows my photo has already been uploaded.
Anyone experienced the same issue? What should I do?
Any updates? Same thing today morning too.

tejasmpatel24

Jan 5, 2023
Hope this helps. After almost on hold for 90 mins, i finally talked to IRCC, what they have confirmed is I will need a PRTD if i dont have a PR card. Receiving eCOPR means we are a permanent resident and all the visa becomes invalid from that date. Sadly, my trv which was valid until 2031 is useless now. I had emailed IRCC abt my travel plans and they said it will be on hold until i return, but the very same day, i had received my eCOPR which is frustrating now as I will need a PRTD if i dont receive my PR card before i travel. I still have abt 3 weeks before i travel so fingers crossed. The other option is, i can fly to states and rent a car and then cross the border with eCOPR (should have a US visa and should travel in private vehicle- yes rented car counts as a private vehicle). Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the info, this really helps.
Can you please confirm that if you are flying to states and then driving to Canada that is ok? IRCC confirmed that?