+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
I'm planning to submit our COPRs and photos today for PR card. Please correct me if I'm missing something.

Family of 3

3 COPR documents: All in one envelope
Photos: Dimensions as per the IRCC
Back of the Photo:
UCI number
Name
DOB
Dated
Photo studio's name and address

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I'm planning to submit our COPRs and photos today for PR card. Please correct me if I'm missing something.

Family of 3

3 COPR documents: All in one envelope
Photos: Dimensions as per the IRCC
Back of the Photo:
UCI number
Name
DOB
Dated
Photo studio's name and address
Is date of birth mentioned in your letter?

sparshikehar

May 2, 2021
Hey, Could anyone please confirm exactly where and how we can link the pr card tracking? I received my eCopr yesterday and uploaded my picture on friday, April 30th. I dont know what is expected next from my side!!! PS: VO Etobicoke

__rsingh__

Dec 1, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
2282, 2281
Doc's Request.
22-10-2020
AOR Received.
04-09-2020
Hey, Could anyone please confirm exactly where and how we can link the pr card tracking? I received my eCopr yesterday and uploaded my picture on friday, April 30th. I dont know what is expected next from my side!!! PS: VO Etobicoke
Login to your GC key below applications there is option to link your application here. follow the steps and enter correct information as on your passport. If you ever ordered GCMS notes then use info from your GCMS (mine worked this way).

JTJ

May 7, 2021
Hello, guys.

I'm an inland CEC applicant.
My application was approved at Mar 11, and I sent the copy of CoPR and 2 photos to Etobicoke IRCC office.

I got my CoPR while I have study permit which will be expired at June 30, and also my CoPR is valid until June 16.

I know that PR card processing time is about 4-5 months, and I expect to get it at July or August.

Here's my question.

After getting CoPR and when it is expired, can I stay in Canada without any visas?
If it's not, should I apply another visa?

Thank you.

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Hello, guys.

I'm an inland CEC applicant.
My application was approved at Mar 11, and I sent the copy of CoPR and 2 photos to Etobicoke IRCC office.

I got my CoPR while I have study permit which will be expired at June 30, and also my CoPR is valid until June 16.

I know that PR card processing time is about 4-5 months, and I expect to get it at July or August.

Here's my question.

After getting CoPR and when it is expired, can I stay in Canada without any visas?
If it's not, should I apply another visa?

Thank you.
Hi, It should be written in your COPR that it is valid for 1 year. After 1 year you must have PR card. Any previous visa or permit becomes not valid at the moment you receive your COPR if you are inland. You can stay in Canada with your COPR and your passport and enjoy being PR. You can apply for SIN, for new health card and any other things using just this COPR letter. You should apply for PR card (send them photo as requested or via portal). No need in visa anymore.

JTJ

May 7, 2021
Hi, It should be written in your COPR that it is valid for 1 year. After 1 year you must have PR card. Any previous visa or permit becomes not valid at the moment you receive your COPR if you are inland. You can stay in Canada with your COPR and your passport and enjoy being PR. You can apply for SIN, for new health card and any other things using just this COPR letter. You should apply for PR card (send them photo as requested or via portal). No need in visa anymore.
Thank you for the reply!

On my CoPR, it says that it is valid for 1 year, but on my CIC account, in Document Status section, CoPR expiry date is 2021/06/16. That is why I'm so confused.

So if CoPR is valid for 1 year, should I just ignore the expiry date?

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
Thank you for the reply!

On my CoPR, it says that it is valid for 1 year, but on my CIC account, in Document Status section, CoPR expiry date is 2021/06/16. That is why I'm so confused.

So if CoPR is valid for 1 year, should I just ignore the expiry date?
Yes, just ignore the expiry date in CIC account. Your COPR is valid for 1 year. This was discussed several times in this thread.