+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hi I am CEC inland, according to my IRCC profile, my COPR (Jan.18th) will expire on May 30. We cannot do anything but wait?
As long as you are inland, the expiry date of your COPR mentioned on the IRCC account doesn't matter. They usually mention the COPR expiry date to the validity of your medical. COPR is valid for one year from the date mentioned on the COPR document you received in the email.

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
As long as you are inland, the expiry date of your COPR mentioned on the IRCC account doesn't matter. They usually mention the COPR expiry date to the validity of your medical. COPR is valid for one year from the date mentioned on the COPR document you received in the email.
What is the source that mentions it can only be used inland?

My understanding is that you can still use it to return to Canada from US in a private vehicle

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
What is the source that mentions it can only be used inland?

My understanding is that you can still use it to return to Canada from US in a private vehicle
I said the validity of the COPR is mentioned on the document that is emailed to us. So, not to worry about that "validity date" mentioned on the IRCC portal. When I saw my COPR details in my IRCC account, I was worried about the same because my COPR expires tomorrow. Here is the response from legalfalcon sir,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/post-9358692

Last edited:

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
yes, I received the COPR which is "not signed & stamped".
Yeah, mine too! :)

My question was more towards your message “As long as you are inland, the expiry date of your COPR mentioned on the IRCC account doesn't matter”. I just mentioned that my understanding is its still valid if you want to travel and then enter Canada trough US land border by private vehicle

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Yeah, mine too! :)

My question was more towards your message “As long as you are inland, the expiry date of your COPR mentioned on the IRCC account doesn't matter”.
Yeah, my answer is related to that question because he/she was worried about the expiry date in IRCC Portal.

I just mentioned that my understanding is its still valid if you want to travel and then enter Canada trough US land border by private vehicle
I'm not sure of the statement, so I did not comment on 'if you can enter back to Canada from the US' :)

Reactions: MelTranel

dactoan.nguyen

Dec 5, 2018
It is from COPR "We realize that you may not be able to send this photo right now due to the COVID-19 situation. Please send this photo to us when it will be possible as per your provincial and/or local authorities’ guidelines. In the meantime, this letter will serve as proof of your permanent resident status in Canada. You can use this letter for one year and it must be accompanied by a travel document or a federal/provincial/territorial identity document. The permanent resident card is required after this one-year period."
So I think it is very clear.

Vengayam

Star Member
Oct 22, 2020
Hey Guys,

I just received my COPR today and I'll have to courier my photos to the below address. Planning to send it through DHL. Is it fine ? or any specific courier service that IRCC is looking for?

Etobicoke IRCC – PR Card Photos
5343 Dundas Street West

1, May I know the PR card processing time from the above office?
2, My file is handled representative, How do I know the PR card process or is it possible to link if it sent through courier? If so, How? please share your ideas..

NickolayG

Oct 14, 2020
Sent our photos in a regular envelop without tracking by Canada Post. For me it doesn't make sense to spend money on expensive delivery services knowing that fact that your mail will be in Etobicoke IRCC's queue for next 4 months until they open it.

Last edited:

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Sent our photos in a regular envelop without tracking by Canada Post. For me it doesn't make sense to spend money on expensive delivery services knowing that fact that your mail will be in Etobicoke IRCC's queue for next 4 months until they open it.
As long as you don't worry about that mail getting lost, your logic is fine. Most people, myself included, can't rest without knowing if that mail actually got delivered or not.

MelTranel

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
As long as you don't worry about that mail getting lost, your logic is fine. Most people, myself included, can't rest without knowing if that mail actually got delivered or not.
Definitely! I had Canada Post lost my correspondence before, so for me, paying for tracking number was the price for my piece of mind.

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Hey Guys,

I just received my COPR today and I'll have to courier my photos to the below address. Planning to send it through DHL. Is it fine ? or any specific courier service that IRCC is looking for?

Etobicoke IRCC – PR Card Photos
5343 Dundas Street West

2, My file is handled representative, How do I know the PR card process or is it possible to link if it sent through courier? If so, How? please share your ideas..
Processing time is roughly 4 to 5 months. You can link your application to know the status.

Reactions: Vengayam

amala1611

Mar 10, 2017
Hey Guys,

I sent it through Canada Post - xpress post with tracking. and it was delivered to Etobicoke office the very next day. No idea about DHL, may be others can comment :)

4 - 5 months

Yes, You can link the application.

Reactions: Vengayam