+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Camsi

May 5, 2021
Hi there I’m wondering if someone else had a similar situation:

I received my COPR letter Jan 26th and sent my pictures feb 2nd and they were received within a week at the Etobicoke office. I checked my application status online today and it says “ we sent you a letter on March 26th. Please consider delays in mail before contacting us.
I have not received any letter so far and I’m wondering if this letter is my PR card or something else.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020

I received my COPR letter Jan 26th and sent my pictures feb 2nd and they were received within a week at the Etobicoke office. I checked my application status online today and it says “ we sent you a letter on March 26th. Please consider delays in mail before contacting us.
I have not received any letter so far and I’m wondering if this letter is my PR card or something else.
Hmmm. What does the status of your application says, submitted or approved?

Patel3011

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
I really hope so as I’m a January applicant.

However, the portal invitations were conducted randomly; so you might find two applicants who got their CoPR on December 15th and one would be by email but the other one would be by portal invitation.

I do agree with you though that most of December applicants received the portal thingy.
Even in this thread i haven't find anyone who has copr of December. So i m thinking they might now start for January.

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021

Oh, Have you checked online? Usually they publish the same letter online as well unless the letter has some security features such as Work- permit.

Ryan4

Nov 27, 2020
I was able to link the PR card application today and it says submitted.
So the letter you was referring to, was it posted under the “Permanent Residency” application or the “Permanent Resident Card” application?

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
The processing time of 121 days on CIC should be an average calculated based on all offices across Canada. I believe Etobicoke office has offset the average processing time by a very large amount:

e.g. assume there are 2 offices in Canada, if the other office takes 30 days to issue PR card where Etobicoke takes 212 days, the average would be 121 days.
Until today, Etobicoke looks like somewhere between 150-175 days. Apart from Etobicoke there are few other offices have processing delays, such as, Montreal, Edmonton.

wuyitongXX

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
Hi I am CEC inland, according to my IRCC profile, my COPR (Jan.18th) will expire on May 30. We cannot do anything but wait?

Last edited:

anusanker12

Star Member
Apr 16, 2019
Hi I am CEC inland, my COPR will expire on May 30. Is anyone else facing the similar situation? We can do nothing but wait?
I think everyone will be in same boat. But our copr is valid for one year and it is mentioned in the letter . Mine wil expire by June. I submitted for PR card on April 15. If they are processing pr card delays mine also expires.

Reactions: wuyitongXX

joaliriano

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
Mostly, the place of birth will be the problem. In my case,
- to link my application, I used as per the GCMS notes.
- to link my spouse's application, I entered as per the Passport.

So, Try entering the exact words. That helped me.
Thanks! Ill try this way.