+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card timeline (Etobicoke office only)

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
I got one today. COPR - Dec 03, Photos Delivered - Dec 07
They are moving like a lame turtle, but at least they are moving. I was dreading they would completely stop with this stay at home order, so it's not the worst case scenario, phew! Happy to see some December GUs. My photos git delivered March 3rd so still a loooooong way to go for me, probably August, However I would be so happy if they start GUs for January end of this month. Fingers crossed!

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
They are moving like a lame turtle, but at least they are moving. I was dreading they would completely stop with this stay at home order, so it's not the worst case scenario, phew! Happy to see some December GUs. My photos git delivered March 3rd so still a loooooong way to go for me, probably August, However I would be so happy if they start GUs for January end of this month. Fingers crossed!
I think we should request them to give portal credentials instead waiting for so long. Portal people are getting PR card mailed in 8-9 days after uploading the photos.

April end CoPRs have already received PR card from the portal and we are waiting here since November, December 2020. I lost faith in their fairness of processing.

Reactions: Fadros

chaudhry71

May 8, 2021
I applied for the pr card on the 10 january and i linked my application to my gckey but it says submitted. When will it be approved? does anyone know?

Reactions: rydeone

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
I applied for the pr card on the 10 january and i linked my application to my gckey but it says submitted. When will it be approved? does anyone know?
it depends on how you have sent the photos.

In case you have mailed the photos then it may take 4-5 months but, if you have submitted on PR confirmation portal then it will take approximately 10-15 days.

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
Is there any criteria why some get to upload photos in the portal and some are asked to send hard copies in mail?

aaryas

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
It is unclear to me, how they issue PR portal logins. It is kind of random cherry pick approach.
Ahh.. after witnessing so much of delays and irrational pr processing priorities of candidates with similar qualifications, felt good that finally got COPR. Now it's frustrating to see this happening again without a choice being given to the candidate how to send photos. They could have at least adopted a first come first serve policy. Looking at the situation around the world, if we need to travel to the home country without a PR card, we'll get stuck there. My understanding is that, if we leave the country without a PR card, we'll have to start the process from start at the Visa office in that country.

Reactions: shashi_b

shashi_b

Jan 4, 2021
Ahh.. after witnessing so much of delays and irrational pr processing priorities of candidates with similar qualifications, felt good that finally got COPR. Now it's frustrating to see this happening again without a choice being given to the candidate how to send photos. They could have at least adopted a first come first serve policy. Looking at the situation around the world, if we need to travel to the home country without a PR card, we'll get stuck there. My understanding is that, if we leave the country without a PR card, we'll have to start the process from start at the Visa office in that country.
It is utter chaos from their end. Surely they are not following first come first serve. November CoPR's recently received PR card and April CoPR's have also received PR card from PR confirmation portal.

You rightly said, one need to apply for a PRTD from outside Canada if they don't have a valid PR card. it is extra burden to the applicants both financially and mentally.

zlzl2021

Mar 28, 2021
Hello, I have one quick question.
Is it possible to have different PR card approval time for people submitted in the same PR confirmatoin account?

I have a dependent and I submitted our photos in the PR confirmation protal at the same time.
I saw in the CIC account that my PR card is approved yet no news for my daughter.

Anyone has similar experience? Thank you very much.