+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card status “your document is valid”

noahahma

May 19, 2023
I’m waiting to receive my first PR card. Upon linking the pr card application to GCKEY account, i can see the pr document number , expiry date etc on the GCKEY website. However, the PR portal just says my cases is “close and accepted” and my photo and mailing address is still “ready to submit to IRCC”. Does it mean they have printed my card but haven’t sent me?
Looking at older thread on this forum, people so mention about a “card sent to production”. Will this actually be displayed on the GCkey status? Anyone has a similar situation before?
I just wonder how long does it take for the status to change “your document is valid” to “we have mailed you the PR card”?
Thank you.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I’m waiting to receive my first PR card. Upon linking the pr card application to GCKEY account, i can see the pr document number , expiry date etc on the GCKEY website. However, the PR portal just says my cases is “close and accepted” and my photo and mailing address is still “ready to submit to IRCC”. Does it mean they have printed my card but haven’t sent me?
Looking at older thread on this forum, people so mention about a “card sent to production”. Will this actually be displayed on the GCkey status? Anyone has a similar situation before?
I just wonder how long does it take for the status to change “your document is valid” to “we have mailed you the PR card”?
Thank you.
It's hard to say but would suggest as a first step you contact and chekc that they have your current mailing address, often hold-ups are just due to some issue with mailing address.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thank you.
The status - “your document is valid is AFTER your card is mailed out. Whatever date it is showing as date of approval is the date when it was mailed out to you. As suggested, please confirm with IRCC is the card was mailed out to correct address.

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
Thank you.

Were you able to contact IRCC and talk to an agent? My wife and I are in the same situation. We received our eCOPR back in May 31, and we are still waiting for our pr cards. Our status on the PR portal was updated to "closed and accepted" but on july 28th it was changed back to "in review with IRCC" so we don't know if our cards have been mailed yet.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Were you able to contact IRCC and talk to an agent? My wife and I are in the same situation. We received our eCOPR back in May 31, and we are still waiting for our pr cards. Our status on the PR portal was updated to "closed and accepted" but on july 28th it was changed back to "in review with IRCC" so we don't know if our cards have been mailed yet.
Have you linked PR card application to GCkey ? if Yes, what is the status ?

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
Have you linked PR card application to GCkey ? if Yes, what is the status ?
In my gckey application messages shows that the eCOPR document is valid for my wife and myself. Nothing else, no message related to pr card whatsoever. And it's already linked because when I tried to linked it it showed me that my account was already linked.

My application status in gckey says my pr application was approved since May 31st.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
In my gckey application messages shows that the eCOPR document is valid for my wife and myself. Nothing else, no message related to pr card whatsoever. And it's already linked because when I tried to linked it it showed me that my account was already linked.

My application status in gckey says my pr application was approved since May 31st.
No, I think you are confusing between PR and PR card application. use steps mentioned here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Also note, when you try to link, dont use PR application no. which starts with letter "E". Your PR card application no. starts with letter "R". That is where probably you are getting a message that it is already linked.

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
Thanks for the note about the PR Card Application number, however I checked both of my accounts (GCKEY and PR Portal) and both use the same application number that starts with E. Also, in my eCOPR it shows thesame application number that starts with E. I was not able to find an application number that stars with R.

On my PR Portal account, my status is "in review with IRCC" and my eCOPR is available for downloading. My declaration and address shows as accepted in green, however my photo shows as in review in lightblue. Now, before Friday 28th, my application status was as "closed and accepted", don't really know why this was changed back to "in review with IRCC".

On my GCKEY account, my Permanent Residency Application shows as accepted and the only message I have under Document Status section refers to the eCOPR of my wife and myself.

Regards,

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Thanks for the note about the PR Card Application number, however I checked both of my accounts (GCKEY and PR Portal) and both use the same application number that starts with E. Also, in my eCOPR it shows thesame application number that starts with E. I was not able to find an application number that stars with R.

On my PR Portal account, my status is "in review with IRCC" and my eCOPR is available for downloading. My declaration and address shows as accepted in green, however my photo shows as in review in lightblue. Now, before Friday 28th, my application status was as "closed and accepted", don't really know why this was changed back to "in review with IRCC".

On my GCKEY account, my Permanent Residency Application shows as accepted and the only message I have under Document Status section refers to the eCOPR of my wife and myself.

Regards,
You wont get your PR card application number unless 1) You link it OR 2) Call IRCC and ask them.

Again, starting point is - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Use option of UCI and Last Name INSTEAD of Application no. to link your PR card application

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
Hi, thanks to your tip I managed to linked my application using the UCI, and I see that on July 27th there was an update that says my PR Card Application is in progress.

On the document status or messages i have nothing so far. Do you know what in progress means?

Reactions: CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, thanks to your tip I managed to linked my application using the UCI, and I see that on July 27th there was an update that says my PR Card Application is in progress.

On the document status or messages i have nothing so far. Do you know what in progress means?
When you linked, what was the status you noticed ? Submitted or Application/Profile Updated ?

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
As soon as it linked, it said PENDING REGISTRATION as status for the PR Card Application, however when I went into the application itself to check for messages and then go back to the home page then the status changed to SUBMITTED. That's how it is now in my home page.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
okay, keep a track of any changes in status now. Your PR card is in process.

Last edited:

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
I'm planning on calling tomorrow since my eCOPR was issued on May 31st, and 6 weeks have already passed.

nrcr

Jul 30, 2023
Update: on my PR Card Application I noticed a new message with the pr card information, it also says that my card was mailed. So nothing else to do but wait.