+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR card status “your document is valid”

Sarisari

Star Member
May 12, 2023
No, I think you are confusing between PR and PR card application. use steps mentioned here - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html

Also note, when you try to link, dont use PR application no. which starts with letter "E". Your PR card application no. starts with letter "R". That is where probably you are getting a message that it is already linked.
Hi, I linked mine and the status is SUBMITTED. is that correct?

Imran22051978

Apr 18, 2023
The status - “your document is valid is AFTER your card is mailed out. Whatever date it is showing as date of approval is the date when it was mailed out to you. As suggested, please confirm with IRCC is the card was mailed out to correct address.
Hi, i am in a similar situation, only difference is its renewal of PR. We are a filmily of 5, on 7th of September, the status changed to "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive" for all of us on GCKey. Only my daughter card was received on 27th September. Latest status as of this Monday changed to your document is valid for all of us but rest of us are yet to receive the cards.

Can you please advise what does this mean from your experience.

Thank you

Reactions: Jovan Singh

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hi, i am in a similar situation, only difference is its renewal of PR. We are a filmily of 5, on 7th of September, the status changed to "We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive" for all of us on GCKey. Only my daughter card was received on 27th September. Latest status as of this Monday changed to your document is valid for all of us but rest of us are yet to receive the cards.

Thank you
Seems unfortunately your cards may have been lost in transit OR have been returned to IRCC. Call IRCC to know the exact status.

Imran22051978

Apr 18, 2023
Thank you for your reply.

Situation is bit complex then I mentioned above. We are outside Canada. Please advise what should be our way forward ...

1. Provide Solemn declaration after 6 weeks ( can I give it from outside Canada or should I send it to my relatives in Canada and ask them to mail it to IRCC, also as don't have any permanent address now, can I give my relatives address in the declaration form)
2. Apply for PRTD ( in case family has to go for Citizenship test, we applied for our citizenship before we left Canada)
3. Travel via US border ( Family does not us visit visa, and waiting time for appointment is approx. 1.5 years)

Sorry, lots of questions, but will be greatfull if you can advise.

Thank you.

Imran22051978

Apr 18, 2023
Hi, Just a quick update.

Thank you for your advise.
Our cards were retuned to IRCC as it was delivered to residential address, called them after 6 weeks and the cards were resent to the mailing address.
Cards were received at the mailing address after 2 weeks from my call to IRCC.

new_to_canada

Apr 17, 2020
The status - “your document is valid is AFTER your card is mailed out. Whatever date it is showing as date of approval is the date when it was mailed out to you. As suggested, please confirm with IRCC is the card was mailed out to correct address.
Hey! are you sure about this? That my card has been mailed as I also have "Your document is valid." in GC key account. My address has been accepted and my photo is still under "review". I got this message "Your document is valid" on 8th January 2024 and my VISA office is Etobicoke, @CNP

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hey! are you sure about this? That my card has been mailed as I also have "Your document is valid." in GC key account. My address has been accepted and my photo is still under "review". I got this message "Your document is valid" on 8th January 2024 and my VISA office is Etobicoke, @CNP
Here is what I have observed, when you card is mailed, the status shows something like this -- " Your card is mailed, it might take upto 6 weeks to arrrive ..."

After few days, it changes to "Your document is valid ..."

Did you observe this status today ? "Your document is valid"

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Thank you
@new_to_canada - check this !

new_to_canada

Apr 17, 2020
Here is what I have observed, when you card is mailed, the status shows something like this -- " Your card is mailed, it might take upto 6 weeks to arrrive ..."

After few days, it changes to "Your document is valid ..."

Did you observe this status today ? "Your document is valid"
No, it has been like that since the NEXT DAY I got my eCOPR.

new_to_canada

Apr 17, 2020
Are you talking about PR card application OR PR application. pls note, both of them are different

you need to link PR card application https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/link-paper-online.html once you receive your eCOPR.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I received my eCOPR on 8th January 2024 and received a message in my GC key on 9th January 2024 that “my document is valid”.

since then it has been more than 2 weeks since I received my eCOPR ( 8th January 2024 to 19 January 2024 ) I am worried if everything is fine with my photograph and mailing.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I received my eCOPR on 8th January 2024 and received a message in my GC key on 9th January 2024 that “my document is valid”.

since then it has been more than 2 weeks since I received my eCOPR ( 8th January 2024 to 19 January 2024 ) I am worried if everything is fine with my photograph and mailing.
Okay, my comments were for PR card application. Have you linked it to your GcKey ? PR portal wont give you visibility on status of your PR card

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
No I could not link my application to my GC account. It says “ it can’t find my application.”
okay,

1. Dont use option of link using "Application Number". The application number here means PR card application number which starts with letter R
2. Use option using something like -- "UCI and Last name ". Also enter place or birth as CITY,(SPACE)STATE (if you hold an Indian passport)