+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

pr card renewed and then scheduled for an appointment by IRCC

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
Renewed my PR card in August and just received an email from IRCC for an appointment.
Under what circumstances does IRCC schedule such appointments? Does it mean your case is unusual if you receive one?
Thanks everyone.

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
could anyone let me know the best way of contacting IRCC? by webform or by phone? and i can't find their phone number anywhere, could anyone tell me what their phone number is?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Renewed my PR card in August and just received an email from IRCC for an appointment.
Under what circumstances does IRCC schedule such appointments? Does it mean your case is unusual if you receive one?
Thanks everyone.
Did you actually receive a new PR card in August? Or is that when you applied?

The email should have included more information about what "case" the appointment is in reference to.

Depending on what the appointment is in reference to and is about, it is probably a "non-routine" procedure.

There are way, way, way too many situations which may involve an appointment with IRCC to try enumerating them without knowing some particular circumstances. You must have some idea what this is about.

GUESSING . . . in part based on older posts . . .

Not sure, not at all familiar with your situation, but I have the impression you may be outside Canada, and this is about a pending PR card application, and possibly about compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. If so, and particularly if you are relying on credit toward RO compliance for time abroad while employed by a Canadian business, it will be important to attend or reschedule the appointment, and to have all the relevant information to support your claim to this credit. Again, this is just a guess. If I am in the ballpark, you should be aware that actually qualifying for the employed-abroad-by-a-Canadian-business RO credit is TRICKY and many, many PRs have mistakenly relied on this credit when they do not actually meet ALL the requirements, and "ALL" the requirements must be met to get the credit.

If my guess is NOT in the ballpark . . . not at all sure what this is about. As I noted, you should have some idea, probably a good idea, what it is about.

could anyone let me know the best way of contacting IRCC? by webform or by phone? and i can't find their phone number anywhere, could anyone tell me what their phone number is?
Link to webform and telephone number (1-888-242-2100), with additional related information, can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Of course the telephone call can ONLY be made from IN Canada.

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
Did you actually receive a new PR card in August? Or is that when you applied?

The email should have included more information about what "case" the appointment is in reference to.

Depending on what the appointment is in reference to and is about, it is probably a "non-routine" procedure.

There are way, way, way too many situations which may involve an appointment with IRCC to try enumerating them without knowing some particular circumstances. You must have some idea what this is about.

GUESSING . . . in part based on older posts . . .

Not sure, not at all familiar with your situation, but I have the impression you may be outside Canada, and this is about a pending PR card application, and possibly about compliance with the PR Residency Obligation. If so, and particularly if you are relying on credit toward RO compliance for time abroad while employed by a Canadian business, it will be important to attend or reschedule the appointment, and to have all the relevant information to support your claim to this credit. Again, this is just a guess. If I am in the ballpark, you should be aware that actually qualifying for the employed-abroad-by-a-Canadian-business RO credit is TRICKY and many, many PRs have mistakenly relied on this credit when they do not actually meet ALL the requirements, and "ALL" the requirements must be met to get the credit.

If my guess is NOT in the ballpark . . . not at all sure what this is about. As I noted, you should have some idea, probably a good idea, what it is about.

Link to webform and telephone number (1-888-242-2100), with additional related information, can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/client-support-centre.html

Of course the telephone call can ONLY be made from IN Canada.

Thank you for the info. I received the card already and I stayed in Canada many more days than what is required. But my application was sent from outside of Canada - that might be the reason for the appointment? And because I'm still outside of Canada now I have to have the appointment rescheduled.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thank you for the info. I received the card already and I stayed in Canada many more days than what is required. But my application was sent from outside of Canada - that might be the reason for the appointment? And because I'm still outside of Canada now I have to have the appointment rescheduled.
So I do not know what this is about.

The fact that the PR card application was sent from outside Canada should not be an issue IF IRCC has already issued and DELIVERED a new PR card . . . unless the notice also indicates that the PR card was issued in error and is cancelled. BUT I am not at all sure about this.

fastwater

Mar 27, 2016
It's a pretty standarized letter that says nothing regarding error or cancellation.Looks like they're going to review the original documents.
So I do not know what this is about.

The fact that the PR card application was sent from outside Canada should not be an issue IF IRCC has already issued and DELIVERED a new PR card . . . unless the notice also indicates that the PR card was issued in error and is cancelled. BUT I am not at all sure about this.