+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Online Portal application - Unable to click Submit

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Updinder,

I know the portal is such a pain. I was able to submit my application after I updated today's date to 1st August 2023 in 4.1 Address History (Inside and Outside Canada) and 4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada). I hope this works for you too.
No,

I have been trying since morning. Even changed the date to aug 1. Same issue.

Do we have to report day trips to US in the absence table?

Can u plz tell me the examples of what exactly you filled in your addresses?
I read that it needs to be in small caps etc. Lol. I dont believe in that. Plz suggest.

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I deleted the last page table and re entered with short comments. Wrote everything in small caps on consent form and then it got submitted successfully.

Last edited:

lvjiufeng

Aug 3, 2023
My IMM5444, payment evidence and consent are all green ready to submit but the Submission button is greyed out. Does anyone have the same issue? I am stuck here for 2 weeks.

lvjiufeng

Aug 3, 2023
Finally I got the solution. Previously, I uploaded the passport under "Travel Document or Passport". Then I left as it is and added Passport copy again under "Passport or Primary Document". Submit button was enabled then after consent declaration.
I can't see the options for PRTD in portal.

Mar 2, 2013
I experienced this too.
I did these things:
I submitted my passport using the passport dropdown (previously I had done it under the Travel Documents section)
I then 'signed' the form using those check box things again
I paused my ad blocker.
I used, and always do, Chrome as browser.

One or more of these things made the submit button become active.

Hope this helps someone else.

The user experience and guidance on what's missing is pretty poor on this website. If the button to submit is inactive, it should tell you exactly WHY it's inactive.

In hindsight, I wished I had just mailed in my application.

They should also make you do the photo validation first. I scanned in my passport style hard copy photos and couldn't get it to validate. I just sent it anyway, fingers crossed.

aoyama

Nov 12, 2023
I struggled with the same issue too. Finally I was able to make the submit button green.
If you experience the same issue, you can try the following:
  • Use Opera browser
  • Keep the absence of reason within 10 letters
  • Type NA or Not applicable in blank space
  • Make sure to use "Primary document" from the dropdown list of supporting document section. I originally picked "travel document and Passport" to upload copy of passport but the submit button was not enabled, so make use "Primary document".
I hope this works! finger crossed...!

Reactions: YVR123

kulwany6710

Jan 2, 2024
I filled online application for renew of PR Card. All buttons are ready to submit but form IMM 5444 is not ready to submit ? But is the solution? please inform meow any have experience.
Thanks
Kulwant Kaur

Devorn

Feb 25, 2024
SOLVEDDDD

Spent more than 10hrs trying to figure this out. Solution is simple. in the digital consent section where it ask applicant to sign.

write everything in lower case.
your full name as it appears on your id
the city
the province
the country

write all of these in lower case. not caps. CONGRATULATIONS.

Apr 8, 2024
I filled online application for renew of PR Card. All buttons are ready to submit but form IMM 5444 is not ready to submit ? But is the solution? please inform meow any have experience.
Thanks
Kulwant Kaur
Have you tried using Chrome or Internet Explorer? I used Safari and I couldn't get IMM 5444 to become ''ready to submit'', but it became okay when I switched the browser. Good luck!

Ires234

Apr 9, 2024
I encountered the same problem today and found a workaround/solution.

• I logged out and logged back in Firefox
  • I looked at the 'Document type' drop down list and it now has 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document'. Previously it didn't had it.
  • I uploaded my passport in this new 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' category
  • I deleted my previous upload of my passport under a different category
  • Still the Submit button was greyed out, so I filled and signed the consent form once again.
  • Now, the Submit button was enabled and I was able to submit the application.
So, for users who have uploaded their passport in the old, not so exact, ID categories, they need to upload it in 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' and the key is to sign the consent form again and then the submit option will be enabled.

Ires234

Apr 9, 2024
Thanks! This worked for me - April 2024. Also, it may be confusing that you upload "primary identity document" instead of "passport" There is an item specifically for passport, which you need to select in order for the submit button to be clickable. Then you have to re-do the declaration and the button will be clickable. Hope this helps someone out there!