+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - Online Portal application - Unable to click Submit

leldred

Feb 21, 2023
Hi all! I had so many issues with this portal. It wouldn't let me submit the original mandatory document through the portal and would only say "in progress". To fix this, I went through that document again through chrome instead of safari and it solved my issue! Hope that helps!

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Finally I got the solution. Previously, I uploaded the passport under "Travel Document or Passport". Then I left as it is and added Passport copy again under "Passport or Primary Document". Submit button was enabled then after consent declaration.

Reactions: shanewire

shanewire

Mar 16, 2023
Finally I got the solution. Previously, I uploaded the passport under "Travel Document or Passport". Then I left as it is and added Passport copy again under "Passport or Primary Document". Submit button was enabled then after consent declaration.
This worked for me. Terrible system.

antonyjensen1

Mar 19, 2023
Were you able to resolve this issue? I am currently experiencing the same problem. I have tried logging in and out and submitting on Chrome and Edge. No luck - every time the "click to submit" button is greyed out, but everything says "Ready to submit."
Name attachment in the format they shown there. If that name format is not correct , button won't be working

antonyjensen1

Mar 19, 2023
for 'IMM 5444" I faced issue. All entities were properly filed. but the button was "In progress" and not green. I solved it in the following way.There was a question "Have you ever been issued with a travel document" tick it and write something in comment. then save all pages and complete application all pages. Then the "ready to submit button" will be displayed in green. Now go back and untick "Have you ever been issued with a travel document" box and remove comments you entered and save all the pages. The button will be green. Also you have to write "not applicable" in the text box given for justification if minimum number of days are not met. ie don't leave that column empty. This is how I solved it. It's funny , but it's better than that PDF thing they used before. it took 4 hrs to figure it out.

CanadaUser99

Apr 19, 2016
I think the problem is with browser caching. Try closing your session and opening a fresh incognito/ private session. It worked for me, Thanks!

Stoater

Apr 25, 2023
Just an update.The problem with my application is that there is a little "Edit button" in the proof of urgency that i missed. I wasted 11 days on this!
Thank you medabor, this was the issue for me, had to enter the reason using the edit button, then resign.

vihang1397

Apr 3, 2018
I encountered the same problem today and found a workaround/solution.

• I logged out and logged back in Firefox
  • I looked at the 'Document type' drop down list and it now has 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document'. Previously it didn't had it.
  • I uploaded my passport in this new 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' category
  • I deleted my previous upload of my passport under a different category
  • Still the Submit button was greyed out, so I filled and signed the consent form once again.
  • Now, the Submit button was enabled and I was able to submit the application.
So, for users who have uploaded their passport in the old, not so exact, ID categories, they need to upload it in 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' and the key is to sign the consent form again and then the submit option will be enabled.
This is the way. Although first step isn't bound to Firefox. Can confirm it can be done in Chrome. You have to upload the primary ID document ie passport for submit button to become enabled.

ceaincda

Jul 11, 2023
I encountered the same problem today and found a workaround/solution.

• I logged out and logged back in Firefox
  • I looked at the 'Document type' drop down list and it now has 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document'. Previously it didn't had it.
  • I uploaded my passport in this new 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' category
  • I deleted my previous upload of my passport under a different category
  • Still the Submit button was greyed out, so I filled and signed the consent form once again.
  • Now, the Submit button was enabled and I was able to submit the application.
So, for users who have uploaded their passport in the old, not so exact, ID categories, they need to upload it in 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document' and the key is to sign the consent form again and then the submit option will be enabled.
I mistakenly had put passport info under "Travel Documents and Passport" when it should have been 'Passport or Other Primary ID Document'. this had to be deleted and then the consent form recompleted - THEN the submit button was enabled and the application could be submitted.

mysticdaisy

Mar 13, 2017
In case it helps someone: I finally fixed this and one of two things made the difference (I did both at once so don't know which one):
  • I wrote something in the humanitarian section (just "I'm writing something here so the website might stop glitching and let me submit")
  • I signed my name with my middle name as well in the signature form. I normally wouldn't sign anything like that, but it matches what I wrote in the 5444 which had a middle name, as does my PR card. Probably this was it.

hgpkosch

Jul 31, 2023
In case it helps someone: I finally fixed this and one of two things made the difference (I did both at once so don't know which one):
  • I wrote something in the humanitarian section (just "I'm writing something here so the website might stop glitching and let me submit")
  • I signed my name with my middle name as well in the signature form. I normally wouldn't sign anything like that, but it matches what I wrote in the 5444 which had a middle name, as does my PR card. Probably this was it.
That is exactly the issue . SIGNATURE REQUIRES YOUR FULL NAME as it is displayed in the main 5644 FORM. Otherwise it keeps sending you back to square one to "correct" the form, which takes of the green ready form to an incomplete form. The fact thatthe full name is required must be reviewed by the IT and IRCC does not bother.

Aug 14, 2017
The status of IMM 5444, IMM 5644 forms, the supporting documentation and proof of payment are "Ready to submit" but when I sign the "Consent and declaration", only IMM 5444 goes back to "In progress" status. And when I update the IMM 5444, the "Consent and declaration" form needs to be signed again and the cycle repeats. I tried a few suggestions mentioned in this thread already, but I'm still stuck in this loop.

hgpkosch

Jul 31, 2023
The status of IMM 5444, IMM 5644 forms, the supporting documentation and proof of payment are "Ready to submit" but when I sign the "Consent and declaration", only IMM 5444 goes back to "In progress" status. And when I update the IMM 5444, the "Consent and declaration" form needs to be signed again and the cycle repeats. I tried a few suggestions mentioned in this thread already, but I'm still stuck in this loop.
I
As I explained a few hours ago, you need to SIGN WITH ALL THE NAMES YOU HAVE ON YOUR PASSPORT that you indicate on the 5644 form, Of course, this should not happen as it is a signature and it does not ask for full name, but this system is terrible and IRCC may not care at all about it. My siggestion is to submit in paper next time as the government loves being in the prehistorical ages.

Reactions: Ishtiaq Afridi

upinderkaur

Star Member
Sep 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi,

I am also stuck in this loop.

No errors, nothing on any table. What did you do to overcome this?

I am so sick of this portal. Had the full name on consent form. Even then same issue.

Do we have to select the checkbox which talks about parent/child question on consent form or is that not required?

Aug 14, 2017
Hi,

I am also stuck in this loop.

No errors, nothing on any table. What did you do to overcome this?

I am so sick of this portal. Had the full name on consent form. Even then same issue.

Do we have to select the checkbox which talks about parent/child question on consent form or is that not required?

Hello Updinder,

I know the portal is such a pain. I was able to submit my application after I updated today's date to 1st August 2023 in 4.1 Address History (Inside and Outside Canada) and 4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada). I hope this works for you too.