+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - MAY - JUN 2017 Applications

PRCard2017

Feb 13, 2018
Did you travel a lot or away for long time?
Well, I do travel a bit, yet still with over 1,000 days in Canada. My family stay abroad also. My career/business is not here as well, though my supplier is in Indianapolis, IN, USA so it's more convenient for me to talk to them in the same time zoe. As a professional doctor, you understand how challenging it is for my wife to locate a similiar position in Canada. The good news is, she finally landed here with me in January, so now it's up to the whole family to make an informed decision on if she should give up her job or I should forget about Canada, or, if I can stand the loneliness, stay here for another year without visitig them or something, become a Canadian citizen. Very tough decision with all options challenging.

The real good news, however, is that when I checked again this Wednesday, the status was finally changed to "completed", and the record shows that the card has been with Canada Post (not on strike this time, good good news guys) this Tuesday. I have checked my mail twice today already with no new mail, hopefully it's arriving either later today or early next week, will update upon that.

One more thing: when the status changes to "completed", there is NO email notification so those of you guys who are waiting should make sure you log into the CIC site to check status.

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Well, I do travel a bit, yet still with over 1,000 days in Canada. My family stay abroad also. My career/business is not here as well, though my supplier is in Indianapolis, IN, USA so it's more convenient for me to talk to them in the same time zoe. make sure you log into the CIC site to check status.
And what is your timeline for renewal?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Well, I do travel a bit, yet still with over 1,000 days in Canada.

One more thing: when the status changes to "completed", there is NO email notification so those of you guys who are waiting should make sure you log into the CIC site to check status.
Never mind. Found your time line.

Jajaja08

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Well, I do travel a bit, yet still with over 1,000 days in Canada. My family stay abroad also. My career/business is not here as well, though my supplier is in Indianapolis, IN, USA so it's more convenient for me to talk to them in the same time zoe. As a professional doctor, you understand how challenging it is for my wife to locate a similiar position in Canada. The good news is, she finally landed here with me in January, so now it's up to the whole family to make an informed decision on if she should give up her job or I should forget about Canada, or, if I can stand the loneliness, stay here for another year without visitig them or something, become a Canadian citizen. Very tough decision with all options challenging.

The real good news, however, is that when I checked again this Wednesday, the status was finally changed to "completed", and the record shows that the card has been with Canada Post (not on strike this time, good good news guys) this Tuesday. I have checked my mail twice today already with no new mail, hopefully it's arriving either later today or early next week, will update upon that.

When you applied, how many days was the stated processing time?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
This is my wife’s timeline. Went into secondary last year and now finally complete. She was and still is working outside Canada till her dentist licensing process will be going on. No additional documents asked except for the normally asked stuff. All pages of passport, entry exit report, proof of physical presence in Canada.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 2, 2017.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 26, 2018.

Reactions: PRCard2017

PRCard2017

Feb 13, 2018
This is my wife’s timeline. Went into secondary last year and now finally complete. She was and still is working outside Canada till her dentist licensing process will be going on. No additional documents asked except for the normally asked stuff. All pages of passport, entry exit report, proof of physical presence in Canada.
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 9, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 2, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on August 2, 2017.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 26, 2018.
This truly took some time, man!

Is she trying to get licensed as a dentist or an assistant? How long is that taking?

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
This truly took some time, man!

Is she trying to get licensed as a dentist or an assistant? How long is that taking?
As dentist. It’s now 2 years and still 2 exams away in completing it.

Reactions: PRCard2017