+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

nadia601

Star Member
Apr 1, 2012
cic processing time is 191 days. But I am, surprise, yesteday they were working on application received by Jult 2015.
now the processing time is the same 191 but it says:

Working on applications received on January 21, 2016

RH_Canada

Star Member
Jan 1, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
blueboy said:
I sent my application in the last week of July 2015. Just got an update on my PR card renewal in the e-cas:

- We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 4, 2015.
- We started processing your application on December 22, 2015.
- Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 14, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Hopefully, I will get it soon. :)
congratulations..

one of my family members' application was received on 10-July-2015, but until now there is no update on ECase even the CIC is saying that they have started processing it !!! I don't know what's wrong.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Checked my mail last night. The PR card was there.

RH_Canada said:
congratulations..

one of my family members' application was received on 10-July-2015, but until now there is no update on ECase even the CIC is saying that they have started processing it !!! I don't know what's wrong.
You should get the update soon. Sometime they don't update the e-cas and then one day e-cas says it has been approved. Be positive. If you don't see anything within a month, then you should call the call center.

Locked Out

Apr 29, 2014
blueboy said:
Checked my mail last night. The PR card was there.
You should get the update soon. Sometime they don't update the e-cas and then one day e-cas says it has been approved. Be positive. If you don't see anything within a month, then you should call the call center.
Did not they requested you to send them new photos meeting new specifications ????

BASBAS

Jan 24, 2016
Hey guys, I just want to share my timeline. I didn't ask for an expedited service.

1- We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 10, 2015.
2- We started processing your application on January 7, 2016.
3- Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 19, 2016. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at a CIC office.

Good luck to everyone :D

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am about to send my PR renewal application - our PR cards expire in July.
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children. I copied all the pages of our new and expired passports. Current passports are copied on individual pages, however our expired passports are copied 2 passports to one a4 page - one above the other. So that my husband and one of our son's passports are in one bundle, and my passport and my other son's are in another. I have written our names and passport numbers beside each copy on every page to identify them. I have indicated on both my son's document check lists to see my husband's and my application pack for copies of the expired passports.
Should this be ok? it is quite clear and easy to follow. My only concern is if they separate the family application to be processed by different officers, that the children's documents will appear incomplete, even though all the information requested has been provided. We had planned to travel to Ireland in July but are now considering changing our trip to August due to the extended processing times.
Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.
thanks
Helena

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
helenaD said:
I am about to send my PR renewal application - our PR cards expire in July.
We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 children. I copied all the pages of our new and expired passports. Current passports are copied on individual pages, however our expired passports are copied 2 passports to one a4 page - one above the other. So that my husband and one of our son's passports are in one bundle, and my passport and my other son's are in another. I have written our names and passport numbers beside each copy on every page to identify them. I have indicated on both my son's document check lists to see my husband's and my application pack for copies of the expired passports.
Should this be ok? it is quite clear and easy to follow. My only concern is if they separate the family application to be processed by different officers, that the children's documents will appear incomplete, even though all the information requested has been provided. We had planned to travel to Ireland in July but are now considering changing our trip to August due to the extended processing times.
Any feedback or advice would be appreciated.
thanks
Helena
Hmmm...why not create separate copies for every passport? Why to introduce any complication for CIC? Remember the easier for the officer to go through & understand your application, the easier it will be for him/her to process it. I would separate the passport copies just for the sake of the officer to understand things in a straight forward manner.

kvijay_cbe

Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 08th 2016
MIinCanada said:
Hi all:

Here's my big update:

Sent renewal via UPS July 30th
Received at Sydney CPC July 31st
Processing began December 16th

Been checking daily and eCAS was updated today (Jan 21) to state decision made/approved January 14th
Checked mail today and it was there

174 days from when they received it to when I got my new card. New design, photo with old specs accepted (and good because I actually took a halfway decent photo this time).

Best of luck to everyone else waiting!
Hello MIinCanada,

Was there any acknowledgement since July 31st to Dec 16 ?
how did you verify your status

helenaD

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
BC
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok - thanks -just recopied them all on separate sheets ! Better safe than sorry

maxwen856231

Jan 18, 2016
I posted some replies earlier. My PR card expired on 6th of Jan 2016, so I sent my application sep 12th and they got it sep 15th. But after long time no response. Then I called them why did the process so slow , they said I need too wait, or i can apply a urgent application for PR card renewal. Then Dec 11th I sent a new whole my documents again to CIC for urgent, but I didnt pay the airtickets, I thought I might got luck . Coz i need go back to China spend Chinese new year which Feb 8th. On the mid of Dec I got good news I saw my application online is available which showed in process. I thought I might got my PR card in Jan. But long time no news , till last week I called CIC, a lady answered phone said my process would be delay coz no payment proof. So my application was not urgent application. I was sad. That mean nobody knows when i can get my PRcard. Same day i took chance and booked the tickets and payed them, they need round tickets. And sending the payment proof and other documents again.

This Monday I called CIC again about my card, they said they got my payment proof. And a lady said my card is printing, they wanna me call them next week, see if my card is mailed.

Today is thursday , I just checked online status, still showing in process . What does it mean? I got approve or not? Does anyone know this?

deniz

Jan 23, 2016
i have applied june 30 last year after almost 6 months they start process on dec 7, same day they sent an email its referred for secoundry review and since then its almost 2 months no update it says in process.. i have a flight for next week i dont know what to do... :(

mom2karl

Star Member
May 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009 April
Med's Request
2009 July
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
2009 November
LANDED..........
2010 March
9 MONTHS & COUNTING!

My PR card renewal application status is still IN PROCESS since April 16, 2015. I emailed them a month ago and the automated reply just said they will reply within 30 days otherwise I should check the status online but I received no other email from them. What could be the problem here? I want to travel outside of Canada next year and my PR card is expired. The processing time now says 191 days but it's been like 285 days since mine was processed :(

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 6, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on April 16, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mom2karl said:
9 MONTHS & COUNTING!

My PR card renewal application status is still IN PROCESS since April 16, 2015. I emailed them a month ago and the automated reply just said they will reply within 30 days otherwise I should check the status online but I received no other email from them. What could be the problem here? I want to travel outside of Canada next year and my PR card is expired. The processing time now says 191 days but it's been like 285 days since mine was processed :(

1.We received your application for a permanent resident card on March 6, 2015.
2.We started processing your application on April 16, 2015.
3.We sent you a letter on April 16, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Did you get this letter? What was it about?