+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

volee

Jul 23, 2015
I got a letter saying that my card was approved on Nov 20 because I was under secondary review. Theres no update on my ECAS so I called CIC and was told that it might not be mailed until early January due to the high volume of work they are having right now. Probably was referring to the refugee cases? Hopefully we can get it sooner.
Stuntmonkey said:
ECAS updated and my card was approved on the 25th of November. Nothing in the mail yet! ;D

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
Either way it's been approved and should be in the system, so when I come back into the country I shouldn't have too many problems at the border.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Volee could you please share your timeline with us

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Finally my case shows up in ECAS as received on June 19th and they began processing on Nov 20th. This just showed up last week. No emails or anything of that sort apart from the ECAS update. Anybody came across this situation?

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
CIC sent my application back stating its incomplete. The letter was dated Nov 30 but i received it yesterday. The photo requirements have changed. Now its much bigger photos compared to the small ones. Did anyone get their application mailed back too ?

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
Hello, just posting an update.. I called cic this morning and they informed me that my pr card was mailed out on December 4. Now it's just a matter of waiting for the card to arrive in the
mail.

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
YYZINR said:
CIC sent my application back stating its incomplete. The letter was dated Nov 30 but i received it yesterday. The photo requirements have changed. Now its much bigger photos compared to the small ones. Did anyone get their application mailed back too ?
Hi YYZINR,
It seems you sent it through urgent processing. According to the courier, they received my application on Nov. 23 and till now nothing shows on the system (may be because my application is not for urgent processing).
When did they receive your application? and Do you know when they changed the photo specifications ?!!!

Thanks

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Can my husband apply for urgent processing even if his application has gone to secondary review? He needs to travel in january? Please advise

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
Hopeful2016 said:
Hi YYZINR,
It seems you sent it through urgent processing. According to the courier, they received my application on Nov. 23 and till now nothing shows on the system (may be because my application is not for urgent processing).
When did they receive your application? and Do you know when they changed the photo specifications ?!!!

Thanks
Yes i applied for urgent processing for travel in Dec and my application was received on Nov 18. I went to retake the pics today with the document they sent and the studio person told me they changed them 2 weeks ago. This studio is located in the same building as two immigration law firms so i am sure this is very reliable as he gets their clients.

volee

Jul 23, 2015
This is my timeline...

We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 27, 2014.
We started processing your application on February 24, 2015.
We sent you a letter on February 24, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
We sent you a letter on July 3, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

The second letter in July asked me to provide additional documents because I requested for urgent processing. My file was transferred to the Hamilton office somehow.

I got a letter from Hamilton on Nov 20 that my card has been approved and will be referred to Sydney for issuance. I called CIC on Monday and was told that it has not been produced, and I will probably only receive it in early January due to the high volume of work they have right now. I assume its the refugees.

volee

Jul 23, 2015
I tried to apply for urgent processing during secondary review too. Don't think they will speed it up for you. They might even request for additional documents thats really difficult to get. I still waited 1 year to get approved. I think the better option here is to apply for PRTD.
spirit-88 said:
Can my husband apply for urgent processing even if his application has gone to secondary review? He needs to travel in january? Please advise

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
We can't wait for 1 year cuz my husband is sponsoring me and our kids and the visa office informed us that we're accepted and our visa expires 16/6/2016 but they need a copy of his new pr card to issue the visas, we're going crazy and don't know what to do, he applied for his pr renewal in May 25 2015 and the secondry review email was sent in 5 october

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
spirit-88 said:
HI SPIRIT-88,
Was the card expired when he applied for the sponsorship or it expired after he applies and during processing your file?

I know a friend who was in secondary review and as per the rules that if your file in process and you are traveling within 3 weeks you can apply for urgent processing with the proofs of tickets etc. My friend applied and they accepted the urgent request and he got the card