Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 2010
LANDED..........
August 2010
I applied for spouse and kid PR card along with Travel Ticket - Got them in two weeks.

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
Stuntmonkey said:
I called today, they told me during the time I sent my urgent application, they started processing my application from June. I was sent an email by the agent saying resubmit your travel docs online. So I did that this afternoon. Immediately after his email I got an email saying they had received my NOVEMBER application (the urgent one).

Just received another email stating that there is no urgent processing for travel dates in November or December of 2015.

WTF?! :mad: :mad: :mad:
In my case, i received an email confirming that they received my June application and then minutes later I recceived another email stating that they received my November (urgent) application. I got worried it might cause a problem so I contacted cic, the agent I spoke to told me that they withdrew my first application and are now working on my urgent application. My flight is also on December and they didn't mention anything about not processing urgently those applications with december travel dates. Have you tried contacting cic again regarding the email you received? Pls keep us posted. Tia

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
Ysstal said:
In my case, i received an email confirming that they received my June application and then minutes later I recceived another email stating that they received my November (urgent) application. I got worried it might cause a problem so I contacted cic, the agent I spoke to told me that they withdrew my first application and are now working on my urgent application. My flight is also on December and they didn't mention anything about not processing urgently those applications with december travel dates. Have you tried contacting cic again regarding the email you received? Pls keep us posted. Tia
Yeah he never mentioned it on the phone, it was only in the email I got from submitting the docs. I'm unsure which application they are processing. Will call in today.

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
Just got off the phone. My first application has been cancelled, and they are currently working on my second urgent application, as it was recieved before they decided to cancel processing urgent applications for November/December.

So fingers crossed it arrives in time.

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
Stuntmonkey said:
Just got off the phone. My first application has been cancelled, and they are currently working on my second urgent application, as it was recieved before they decided to cancel processing urgent applications for November/December.

I called again today. Good news, my application was approved and was already sent to production. Will update when I receive my pr card in the mail.

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
Stuntmonkey said:

Can you tell me when you sent your application for urgent processing ? I just sent mine last week and i am worried they might not process mine. My travel date is before xmas and i spent a lot of money to get a ticket too, i'll loose all of it :(

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
YYZINR said:
Can you tell me when you sent your application for urgent processing ? I just sent mine last week and i am worried they might not process mine. My travel date is before xmas and i spent a lot of money to get a ticket too, i'll loose all of it :(
When did they receive your application? You will need to call them to find out if your application reached them before they decided not to process urgent applications for december travel dates

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
YYZINR said:
What date did they receive it? Mine was received on the 12th of November, and I believe the following week they decided to cut off urgent applications with travel dates in November/December.

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
Ysstal said:
I called again today. Good news, my application was approved and was already sent to production. Will update when I receive my pr card in the mail.
Good news! I called last week, and am just going to leave it until next week to call again, hopefully something turns up by then. The application showed up in ECAS finally, and says "in process".

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
Stuntmonkey said:
What date did they receive it? Mine was received on the 12th of November, and I believe the following week they decided to cut off urgent applications with travel dates in November/December.
I filed on the 18th Nov. I called CIC this morning and they told me they are not going to process any urgent applications for Dec travel. He told me to go ahead with travel and apply for Permanent resident travel document in that country visa office. I am not convinced about that approach as the outside embassies make their own decisions and what if they refuse ? I'll be putting my job and rent costs at risk. Any suggestions ?

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
YYZINR said:
I filed on the 18th Nov. I called CIC this morning and they told me they are not going to process any urgent applications for Dec travel. He told me to go ahead with travel and apply for Permanent resident travel document in that country visa office. I am not convinced about that approach as the outside embassies make their own decisions and what if they refuse ? I'll be putting my job and rent costs at risk. Any suggestions ?
Are you on a visa exempt passport? I'm only gone for 4 days, not enough time for the embassy to get me a travel doc. I was just going to take my notice of assessments with me and come back in on my passport.

Sasha000

Feb 6, 2014
Hi! I posted a similar question in one of the PRTD topics.

My PR card was lost a month ago and I am planning a trip to Europe in 3 weeks for a couple of weeks. I called CIC and they told me I cannot apply for an urgent PR card processing for December and they advised me to request a Travel document or else I may get refused at the customs upon my return. Sweet!
I am going to apply for a Travel document through Vienna; still unsure, if I should mail the application from Canada or make a 5hr drive while in Europe to the embassy in Vienna.

So, now I have the PR card application nicely packed in an envelope with proof of travel included. Although they said they will not process it urgently, should I still send it marked as such and maybe get it done sooner than 183 days OR remove the travel documents and send it for normal processing time?

Thanks in advance!
Sasha

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Hello everyone, i'm going crazy because me and my kids are being sponsored by my husband and they are requesting his new pr card to finalize our application, now my husband's pr renewal is the only thing that's holding our application, his pr renewal application was recieved by CIC in 25 may 2015, in october 6th they requested a movement certificate and colored translated copy of all of his passport pages and mentioned it's going to be processed for final review, we have sent everything along with bank statements, pay stubs, airlines tickets...and haven't heard anything since then
Does that mean that his application is going through the secondary review that takes 12-13 months of processing time!!!
They are driving us mad cuz we want to land and our sponsorship visas can't wait for that long, plz anyone advice
Can we request urgunt processing if he wants to visit us in January?