+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card Renewal - 2015 - Timeline

Emily21

Dec 10, 2015
My urgent application was received on nov 23, start processing on nov25, then nothing happened. So worried, will travel to Us by air on Dec 19, Have a us visa but with annotation: Canadian landed immigrant. Will US will allow me to enter with expired PR card.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Thanks hopeful2016,

Yes his pr expired in nov 28 while our sponsorship application was in process, i guess he's going to buy a ticket and visit us to be eligible for urgent processing, although we wanted to land and travel to canada so there was no need for him to travel, it will be just a waste of money

Ysstal

Mar 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2, 2013
Passport Req..
November 8,2013
Just an update, I received my PR card yesterday Dec 12th. Urgent application received by Cic on Nov 12th started processing on the 25th, mailed out on the 4th of December.

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
Ysstal said:
Just an update, I received my PR card yesterday Dec 12th. Urgent application received by Cic on Nov 12th started processing on the 25th, mailed out on the 4th of December.
Congrats, what a relief !!! :)

So please clarify, I understood that you had sent a normal processing application in June, so:
1- Did they send you email that they received the June application?
2- Did they started processing it before you send the urgent request filled later in November?
3- Also, did you pay new fees or the same fees?

Really appreciate your answers.

Thanks

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Folks, our applications were received by CIC on July 17th, processing started on December 1st.
for two last weeks we haven't seen any update up there, so wondering how fast you have seen an update about your cards being sent to your address.

thanks for all your comments.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
This is what I see in my ECAS

We received your application for a permanent resident card on June 19, 2015.
We started processing your application on November 20, 2015.

Have heard from several people that the next update might only show up when the PR card is actually dispatched to the applicant. Moreover some say that it means there was nothing missing in the application otherwise they would have sent an email on the same day. I guess these applications are just in queue for the PR card to be sent.

Hope this helps.

srini123

Feb 24, 2014
Today, I checked Ecas and found the following update:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on December 10, 2015.

Srini

KRM67

Dec 15, 2015
My PR expired in July 2015, my application was received on April 9th and on June 17 I received following message on my email

"This refers to the application(s) for a Permanent Resident Card that you filed with this office. The purpose of this letter is to advise you that a preliminary review of your application has been completed. Your file has now been referred for a secondary review. This review will result in an additional delay. However, we will endeavor to finalize your application as soon as possible. You will be contacted if additional information or documents are required to complete your file."

My wife and son had a continuous stay from November 2012, while I had to travel sometimes but I too completed the residency obligation of 730 days within the 5 year period from date of landing.

Since then there is no further update and couple of calls to the call center yielded only an advice to wait.

Is there any way it can be expedited?

YYZINR

Nov 30, 2015
hi,

i just resent my application for urgent processing with the updated photo specifications yesterday. Is there a requirement for the travel ticket needs to be non-refundable ?

INR

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
YYZINR said:
hi,

i just resent my application for urgent processing with the updated photo specifications yesterday. Is there a requirement for the travel ticket needs to be non-refundable ?

INR
Good luck
I believe it is not required. they only mentioned the form of payment. May be some people want to show how serious they are so they send a non refundable tickets though i believe it doesn't make any difference.

spirit-88

Dec 26, 2010
Calgary
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Cairo
App. Filed.......
16-March-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
21-April-2015
File Transfer...
09-June-2015
Med's Done....
25-Nov-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Jan-2016 Sent passport on: 20-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
3-March-2016 FINALLY!
Yyzinar there's no need cuz my husband has booked a refundable ticket and they accepted the urgent process yesterday so go ahead

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
PR card hasn't shown up yet, called and they said it was mailed out on the 2nd of Dec. I do have mail redirection in effect so that could be the hold up.

My trip is on Friday, so I hopefully it arrives tonight or tomorrow. May have to enter Canada with my expired one.

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
Stuntmonkey said:
PR card hasn't shown up yet, called and they said it was mailed out on the 2nd of Dec. I do have mail redirection in effect so that could be the hold up.

My trip is on Friday, so I hopefully it arrives tonight or tomorrow. May have to enter Canada with my expired one.

Does it say that on ECAS that your card has been mailed out or is it just based of what was told to you by cic over the phone?

Hopeful2016

Dec 9, 2015
spirit-88 said:
Yyzinar there's no need cuz my husband has booked a refundable ticket and they accepted the urgent process yesterday so go ahead
Hi spirit-88
Good luck for your husband, please keep me updated as I am going to be in the same situation for sponsoring my fiancee when we get married.
If you can brief the timeline for his PR like did he land then left Canada and returned back again before the PR expiry?

Stuntmonkey

Feb 17, 2010
JJS said:
Does it say that on ECAS that your card has been mailed out or is it just based of what was told to you by cic over the phone?
What CIC told me over the phone.

An FYI, mail forwarding does not work with Immigration. It's lettermail and if you have forwarding in effect on the address it was sent to, the envelope will be returned to CIC.

Thankfully mine is at my old address.