+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card photo resubmitted but no confirmation from CIC from past 3 months after my soft landing

tca_2018

May 30, 2018
USA
NOC Code......
Hi @tca_2018 , are you also facing a similar situation like the rest of us on this thread? If yes, can you tell if you have actual travel plans this year or applying for PRTD as a safety net. I am hearing conflicting opinions about how PRTD is meant for immediate travelers. Utterly confused.
My new job is starting from mid-september so I don't have a choice but to apply for PRTD. Do you have a window for your travel? If that window is next year, I think you should wait and see if you can get the actual PR card.

Reactions: ssen11

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
My new job is starting from mid-september so I don't have a choice but to apply for PRTD. Do you have a window for your travel? If that window is next year, I think you should wait and see if you can get the actual PR card.
Makes sense. I believe I should wait in that case.

ginger_power

Sep 3, 2019
I was going to apply for PRTD, but then I was told that it might not be issued because you need copy of your PRcard and we don't even know if our PR card has been issued or not.
So my immigration officer recommend me to wait until further notice. But as you guys know, we all have been waiting over 4 months and many other people are getting their PR card without landing. so I'm pretty much tired and annoyed.
and I always get same answers by webform so I don't know what to do :(

Last edited:

SSK100

Jan 28, 2020
Hi Guys,

I also did a landing on March 1. I got a photo re submission request on 15th March and resubmitted my photo around 21st March. No update since then. I went to US after landing and came back using my COPR. It was very comfortable experience, did not face any issue and anyone can enter Canada via land border (From US) using the COPR. Only time you need your PR card is while travelling via a flight/train/bus. Your COPR is sufficient proof of you being a PR holder and Canada needs nothing more to check to let you in. PR card is only required for flight guys and is not at all required for Canada immigration.

I sometimes get very worried for PR Card but it has absolutely no standing on our PR status. It is only required for travelling purposes.

SSK100

Jan 28, 2020
Thanks for the update! I did the same via web form and got the same reply as you posted above. Hopefully they start processing as it would be hard to Land in Canada unless I get my card approved.
You do not need a PR card if you are in US. You can easily come via land border from US to Canada using COPR. Did the same 2 weeks back. Faced no issue

Reactions: nehaprasad14

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
Hi,
Long time no update!
I have received my pr card today.
Good luck on yours too!! :)
That is great news. Do you mind sharing you landing date and when you re-submitted your photographs to IRCC? Also, how was the application status update communicated to you?