+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card photo resubmitted but no confirmation from CIC from past 3 months after my soft landing

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
Hi Guys,

I had completed my soft landing for PR in early Feb 2020 and had to fly back to US to wrap up pending stuffs. However, few weeks later I received an email from IRCC stating that photo submission has been received but does NOT meet the requirements.

I took two new photos and emailed the same to CPC Syndey address as mentioned in the email using USPS. The tracking provided by USPS says that the new photos were delivered but due to the COVID pandemic, I am not sure whether it actually did, as there is no change in my PR card application and neither did I get any confirmation from the Case Processing Center regarding the receipt of new photos and whether they meet the requirements this time or no.

I am very confused as it has been more than 3 months now. I would be really glad if someone could provide any idea on the below:
1. is there any way apart from the web form to contact and get an update regarding the same?
2. If my photos were not received/does not meet requirements this time again due to any reason, its stated in the email that my PR card request will be cancelled. What does that mean? do I need to reapply via express entry whole process again or I just have to apply for PR card? If just reapplying PR card application, is there any process to do that?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated!

Thank you in Advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Guys,

I had completed my soft landing for PR in early Feb 2020 and had to fly back to US to wrap up pending stuffs. However, few weeks later I received an email from IRCC stating that photo submission has been received but does NOT meet the requirements.

I took two new photos and emailed the same to CPC Syndey address as mentioned in the email using USPS. The tracking provided by USPS says that the new photos were delivered but due to the COVID pandemic, I am not sure whether it actually did, as there is no change in my PR card application and neither did I get any confirmation from the Case Processing Center regarding the receipt of new photos and whether they meet the requirements this time or no.

I am very confused as it has been more than 3 months now. I would be really glad if someone could provide any idea on the below:
1. is there any way apart from the web form to contact and get an update regarding the same?
2. If my photos were not received/does not meet requirements this time again due to any reason, its stated in the email that my PR card request will be cancelled. What does that mean? do I need to reapply via express entry whole process again or I just have to apply for PR card? If just reapplying PR card application, is there any process to do that?

Any help or guidance would be really appreciated!

Thank you in Advance
IRCC has pretty much stopped processing PR cards. Low priority.

If the request is cancelled, you will have to reapply when you return to Canada. Of course you don't have to go through the immigration process again. You are a PR whether you have a PR card or not.

Reactions: nehaprasad14

ginger_power

Sep 3, 2019
Hey!
Glad I found exactly same case with me here.
I landed in late Feb 2020, got a request of photo re-submission, it delivered to IRCC but haven't received or updated anything yet from them.
So I sent a web form and this is what I got from them.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 10, 2020.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Besides, unfortunately I cannot check my status on the website for some reason.
All I can do is just waiting until the card is delivered.
Stay safe!

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
Hey!
Glad I found exactly same case with me here.
I landed in late Feb 2020, got a request of photo re-submission, it delivered to IRCC but haven't received or updated anything yet from them.
So I sent a web form and this is what I got from them.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We have verified the information you provided and we were not able to locate your photographs in the system yet.

However, rest assured that this situation is normal since the responsible office is currently processing photo retakes received before February 10, 2020.

If further information is needed, the responsible office may contact you.

Furthermore, due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Besides, unfortunately I cannot check my status on the website for some reason.
All I can do is just waiting until the card is delivered.
Stay safe!
Thanks for the update! I did the same via web form and got the same reply as you posted above. Hopefully they start processing as it would be hard to Land in Canada unless I get my card approved.

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
IRCC has pretty much stopped processing PR cards. Low priority.

If the request is cancelled, you will have to reapply when you return to Canada. Of course you don't have to go through the immigration process again. You are a PR whether you have a PR card or not.
Thanks for the info! To reapply I would have to Land in Canada. Can I do that using PRTD? or are there any other means to Land in Canada again without PR card in hand?

ginger_power

Sep 3, 2019
Thanks for the update! I did the same via web form and got the same reply as you posted above. Hopefully they start processing as it would be hard to Land in Canada unless I get my card approved.
Hey there, have you got any updates from IRCC?
Many people on this forum are getting their PR card, and wondering how our cases are going.

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
Hey there, have you got any updates from IRCC?
Many people on this forum are getting their PR card, and wondering how our cases are going.
Hi,

I am still waiting for any updates, I sent another request via web form but got same response. No luck yet. Keep you posted. Thank you!

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
I am in the same boat. Did soft landing on Feb 2nd and returned to USA on Feb 4th. Got an email for photo re-submission. Have followed up multiple times. Last correspondence from IRCC was same as you guys( photos not found in the system yet). I will hit my 180 days timeline very soon.

However, I was reading the IRCC guidelines, it says one need to be physically present in Canda to be eligible to apply for a new PR card. Other option is applying for PRTD(for PRs outside Canada and without a PR card). The bottleneck there is, one needs to prove residency obligation.

Let us keep each other posted. Good Luck!

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
I am in the same boat. Did soft landing on Feb 2nd and returned to USA on Feb 4th. Got an email for photo re-submission. Have followed up multiple times. Last correspondence from IRCC was same as you guys( photos not found in the system yet). I will hit my 180 days timeline very soon.

However, I was reading the IRCC guidelines, it says one need to be physically present in Canda to be eligible to apply for a new PR card. Other option is applying for PRTD(for PRs outside Canada and without a PR card). The bottleneck there is, one needs to prove residency obligation.

Let us keep each other posted. Good Luck!
Same here, I am going to hit my 180 days timeline end of this month. Let's keep in touch and update if any helpful info on this situation. Good Luck!

hardikpatel123

Star Member
May 3, 2018
What are the criteria for photo resubmission? Is it because the pic was submitted too long ago? I soft landed and returned too. The pic for PR was submitted more than an year ago. Does this mean I'll get a resubmission request too?

nehaprasad14

Feb 2, 2020
What are the criteria for photo resubmission? Is it because the pic was submitted too long ago? I soft landed and returned too. The pic for PR was submitted more than an year ago. Does this mean I'll get a resubmission request too?
I believe the photo taken date must be within 6 months or else you may get re-submission request. By the way when did you do soft landing?

ssen11

Jan 11, 2019
I am preparing to apply for PRTD. I will be applying to the NY VAC.
Hi @tca_2018 , are you also facing a similar situation like the rest of us on this thread? If yes, can you tell if you have actual travel plans this year or applying for PRTD as a safety net. I am hearing conflicting opinions about how PRTD is meant for immediate travelers. Utterly confused.