+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Hi everyone, thanks for all the updates. I am so frustrated. My wife and I both applied to have our PR cards renewed.
Application received July 18th 2020
AOR received October 21st 2020.
She has received her card 20 days ago (the status showed COMPLETED on her profile). Mine is still showing DECISION MADE and nothing else, and now when I try calling to know more info, there are no agents to pick up the call. I've tried multiple times...
I have experienced this. I would recommend you initiate your call at 7.55 am & you will get thru.
From my experience, they would take action on your application on the 60th day since it went into decision made. I guess their system will flag/escalate if the application is in the status of Decision Made for more than 60 days.
But you keep calling them start of every week. Send web inquiry form every week as well. This is what we did.
Keep us posted.

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
Hi everyone, thanks for all the updates. I am so frustrated. My wife and I both applied to have our PR cards renewed.
Application received July 18th 2020
AOR received October 21st 2020.
She has received her card 20 days ago (the status showed COMPLETED on her profile). Mine is still showing DECISION MADE and nothing else, and now when I try calling to know more info, there are no agents to pick up the call. I've tried multiple times...
Yeah, this is very frustrating !!! They received my application on August 18 and I got AOR on November 5th. Mine is still "Decision Made". Its been about 95 days for me, I will start calling them after 110 days.

DNK

Oct 20, 2020
Hi, so, can we send the whole family applications in just one package?
Do we have to sub divide into further envelopes for each applicant inside the main package?
Also, when I selected 3 cards while paying fees, I just got one barcode for $150, would that be okay?
Can someone please respond? Planning on sending tomorrow.
Hi. I sent all applications in one package, but I did divide each applicant documents into transparent sheets. It is one barcode. I did print it for each applicant.

houman-h

Aug 2, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
AOR Received.
1st:26-10-2010 2nd:10-04-2011
File Transfer...
3rd April 2012 IP: 12-06-2011
Happy for you, did you request urgent processing through web-form or phone?

I finally received my PR card in mail today!
Here is my timeline for my urgent renewal:
Application sent Oct 30
AOR: Nov 4th
Decision made: Nov 5th
Pr card mailed: Nov 9th
Pr received: Nov 17th

They processed my urgent application in 2 days.
Good luck to everyone!

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Thanks for your reply. So, you mean, the address that I wrote in my application form as my current residential address?
Yes, correct. As long as you wrote your current address in the application, you should be good.

Reactions: RJ2020

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
Yeah, this is very frustrating !!! They received my application on August 18 and I got AOR on November 5th. Mine is still "Decision Made". Its been about 95 days for me, I will start calling them after 110 days.
Your application looks much better, they received my application on August 20th and I did not get an AOR yet and the application status is only submitted :(.

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
We applied for PR card renewal as family (3). Applications rceived Aug 24. All 3 AORs on Nov 4. My daughter's ECAS show decision made right from Nov 4; my wife and mine still show in process since then. My wife has been out of the country almost the same number of days as my daughter. I had to travel for work quite a lot, so I suspect they would take longer to assess that I complied with the residency obligation. Have you seen similar situations or even partial approvals of PR earlier like my wife and daughter and mine taking longer?

tani.singh

Nov 20, 2020
Hi everyone I called IRCC and they said my card went for production on 9th November,does anyone have an idea how long it’s taking after that to receive? thankyou

RJ2020

Oct 29, 2020
We applied for PR card renewal as family (3). Applications rceived Aug 24. All 3 AORs on Nov 4. My daughter's ECAS show decision made right from Nov 4; my wife and mine still show in process since then. My wife has been out of the country almost the same number of days as my daughter. I had to travel for work quite a lot, so I suspect they would take longer to assess that I complied with the residency obligation. Have you seen similar situations or even partial approvals of PR earlier like my wife and daughter and mine taking longer?
As far as I know, having too many trips or even a large number of days outside Canada doesn’t matter. As long as you meet the residency requirements which is 2yrs out 5yrs, and you filled the app form correctly, you’re qualified. So, even if you’ve been outside Canada exactly 3yrs, it shouldn’t affect the processing time. The problem is, due to Covid-19 and the reduced number of employees, each case might be processed differently time-wise. As you can see, we have some cases that their status is “decision made”, but have not been printed or mailed since 1 month ago. On the other hand, we had some cases in this thread , after the decision was made about them, the cards were mailed in less than 2-3 weeks. In addition, some cases received AOR exactly 2-2.5 month after they were submitted, while we have other cases which have not received AOR after 3 months. During this pandemic, the key factor here is patience. We will all finally get our cards. Someone sooner, someone later.

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
As far as I know, having too many trips or even a large number of days outside Canada doesn’t matter. As long as you meet the residency requirements which is 2yrs out 5yrs, and you filled the app form correctly, you’re qualified. So, even if you’ve been outside Canada exactly 3yrs, it shouldn’t affect the processing time. The problem is, due to Covid-19 and the reduced number of employees, each case might be processed differently time-wise. As you can see, we have some cases that their status is “decision made”, but have not been printed or mailed since 1 month ago. On the other hand, we had some cases in this thread , after the decision was made about them, the cards were mailed in less than 2-3 weeks. In addition, some cases received AOR exactly 2-2.5 month after they were submitted, while we have other cases which have not received AOR after 3 months. During this pandemic, the key factor here is patience. We will all finally get our cards. Someone sooner, someone later.
Thank you RJ2020! Indeed patience is the key factor in both renewing the PRs and in the the citizenship processes...
Cheers!

Reactions: RJ2020

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Beautifully summed up.

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Hi All, um just gathering documents and filling the form, have a few questions. Um a freelance translator, so um always home based, in section 20 (work and education history), shall i only add one line and mention "From date" (landing date) and the date documents will be submitted as the "To Date", OR i have to mention every line for every cities in Canada and out of Canada i lived in the past 5 years, and mention in each line I am a freelance translator (home based)? Do you think adding a separate page with a note for the officer and explaining the nature of my job or naming a few of my clients with a link to my linkedin is a good idea?