+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hi All, um just gathering documents and filling the form, have a few questions. Um a freelance translator, so um always home based, in section 20 (work and education history), shall i only add one line and mention "From date" (landing date) and the date documents will be submitted as the "To Date", OR i have to mention every line for every cities in Canada and out of Canada i lived in the past 5 years, and mention in each line I am a freelance translator (home based)? Do you think adding a separate page with a note for the officer and explaining the nature of my job or naming a few of my clients with a link to my linkedin is a good idea?
Good question, I think in your case in work history you can put just the one title and the length you've been doing it (the start being the day your counting days began and end being PRESENT) and for the work address you can probably say Freelance - Based at Home Addresses (see above).. to refer to section 19.

And then all you have to do is make sure all your home addresses in the section above are filled out correctly (from the same start date) and in detail. You can add extra pages and fill the home address section out if you have more than 5 addresses.

In terms of extra explanation, you can usually write a Letter of Explanation (LoE) where you can add extra notes -- you can even make a note in the Work History table to refer to the LoE. I'm not 100% on whether providing client details and LinkedIn profile is needed, if they need to clarify anything they will reach out (but then your application can get delayed so it might help adding those details? ). It'd be good to get more input from the forum on that.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

analyst123

Star Member
Jul 22, 2015
Can my consultant scan and mail the renewal form OR does the forms need my original signatures ?

Forms are the application (IMM5444) and the use of rep (IMM5476)

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
Guys, I have some more questions for filling the form, will add them all here, anybody can help that's appreciated:
1. should I add "N/A" for any fields that will be left empty? for example sections 5 and 13, where asks me to add address or name "IF different" from above, or the section for adding "alternative" phone number, so actually I need not to fill them, but have to leave them empty.
2. I need one more line to add my address and work history, so I have to print another page, the question is that, shall I fill in all other sections again? Or leave all empty and add my extra line of address and work history?
3. In "travel history" section, when I left Canada for a visit to my home country, I had 3 days in between in Dubai, for pleasure only, a simple vacation. So if I left Canada on 10 of Dec. should I add a separate line like "10 -13 Dec." in Dubai and then "13-nnn Dec." in my home country? Or I have to skip Dubai, and only add the date I left Canada and mention the duration I was in my home country?
4. If I need to add a separate plain paper and write some notes for the officer, for my work history for instance, shall I write some words below that section on the main page to remind him to read the note paper? Or not necessary, and he will read all attached papers and will figure out what is what?

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Guys, I have some more questions for filling the form, will add them all here, anybody can help that's appreciated:
1. should I add "N/A" for any fields that will be left empty? for example sections 5 and 13, where asks me to add address or name "IF different" from above, or the section for adding "alternative" phone number, so actually I need not to fill them, but have to leave them empty.
2. I need one more line to add my address and work history, so I have to print another page, the question is that, shall I fill in all other sections again? Or leave all empty and add my extra line of address and work history?
3. In "travel history" section, when I left Canada for a visit to my home country, I had 3 days in between in Dubai, for pleasure only, a simple vacation. So if I left Canada on 10 of Dec. should I add a separate line like "10 -13 Dec." in Dubai and then "13-nnn Dec." in my home country? Or I have to skip Dubai, and only add the date I left Canada and mention the duration I was in my home country?
4. If I need to add a separate plain paper and write some notes for the officer, for my work history for instance, shall I write some words below that section on the main page to remind him to read the note paper? Or not necessary, and he will read all attached papers and will figure out what is what?
1. You can leave it empty

2. Just the extra section needs to be filled out

3. I think (and what I do personally) is that they only care about your exiting and entering Canada, so you can group everything as one for when you left and when you next returned. The specifics for traveling don't usually matter, especially if it's just a layover. *Good to get a second opinion here though.

4. I usually do it under the section, although after receiving an application back, the officers themselves used Post-It notes so that's another option. You can attach the Post-It note somewhere near the section itself.

Reactions: faty82

faty82

Star Member
Nov 22, 2020
I cant save UCI# and the phone# in the PR renewal form. I am using Adobe Acrobat professional 7, saving every other sections, though with lots of difficulties and very slowly (do not know why the downloaded form from canada.ca is so hard to work with). Any suggestions? Or perhaps can i print the form and fill those parts with pen? Officer won't ask me later either to print all or write them all in one single method?

zeekie

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I cant save UCI# and the phone# in the PR renewal form. I am using Adobe Acrobat professional 7, saving every other sections, though with lots of difficulties and very slowly (do not know why the downloaded form from canada.ca is so hard to work with). Any suggestions? Or perhaps can i print the form and fill those parts with pen? Officer won't ask me later either to print all or write them all in one single method?
Yeah, the form can be a pain especially with compatibility. Perfectly alright to write it in pen later, I mean you have to mail in a signed physical application so combining typing and pen isn't an issue.

You can try to format it like this:
- UCI is ####-####
- Phone is (###) ###-####

*I think it does auto-format anyway so it's most probably a compatibility issue with what I'm assuming is an older Adobe (not sure about their versioning haha).

Reactions: faty82

iamvintage

Jan 28, 2019
Finally after patiently waiting for 106 days ;) hope my card gets delivered soon...
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on August 10, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on November 3, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on November 3, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on November 23, 2020.

AM-MA

Sep 29, 2020
Hello. They started working on my application on 29th sept and around 20 Oct it went into Decision made. I contacted via web form and got a reply on 11Nov that my card is in production but till date nothing received. Any tips on what to do please. Thanks.

OluwaT

Star Member
Oct 2, 2020
Hello. They started working on my application on 29th sept and around 20 Oct it went into Decision made. I contacted via web form and got a reply on 11Nov that my card is in production but till date nothing received. Any tips on what to do please. Thanks.
I guess we are in the same boat.My application status still show decision made since September 15th.No progress yet,that said sent for production when I contacted them.Any advise please.