+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Card (New/Renewal) Processing Timeline 2020

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Not even sure if it matters anymore. They do update the processing time but also tell you not to believe it when you call them.
The processing time is 110 days but I am about to hit the 6 months mark in a few more days waiting for my card. They tell me that there is nothing special about my application as such.

Oh and prcessing time for all other application like TRV or Sponsorship are through the roof and increasing.
did u apply for renewal? did u meet the RO? Wonder whats taking so long in your case

Daafi

Sep 18, 2019
Congrats. Happy for you. What was your reasoning for urgent processing if you dont mind me asking?
My husband lives outside of Canada and I have to travel for his surgery next month. I couldn't submit doctor's note but did submit purchased plane tickets with payment receipt and a detailed letter explaining the situation. I am so happy they considered my situation

rahul1911

Star Member
May 21, 2015
did u apply for renewal? did u meet the RO? Wonder whats taking so long in your case
Ya, its card renewal. I'v been outside of Canada for a total of 71 days in last five years on vacation, so surely meet the RO.

I have no idea whats the delay about and they wont tell me either.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I did the same thing as well. My wife got her PR card (1.5 months back) and I have not yet received mine. The status on my profile is "Submitted" and they received my application on 20th August. :(
I am in the same situation.
Application submitted June 19. Partner's card received in September, and I'm still waiting......

Gelg

Jan 31, 2020
My husband lives outside of Canada and I have to travel for his surgery next month. I couldn't submit doctor's note but did submit purchased plane tickets with payment receipt and a detailed letter explaining the situation. I am so happy they considered my situation
Hi,

Did they ask for any questions or did they just process this directly?

Thank you

funloving

Jun 19, 2010
Category........
PNP
Passport Req..
08-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
LANDED..........
06-03-2014
I finally received my PR card in mail today!
Here is my timeline for my urgent renewal:
Application sent Oct 30
AOR: Nov 4th
Decision made: Nov 5th
Pr card mailed: Nov 9th
Pr received: Nov 17th

They processed my urgent application in 2 days.
Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations!

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hope your husbands surgery goes well. I am happy they considered your application and got it done in time. Congratulations

Virgo7

Nov 18, 2020
Hello all I am a new member can anybody please tell me what days they are processing pr card renew applications. I have submitted on Oct 5. I am waiting for aor

sanode

Star Member
May 3, 2017
I am in the same situation.
Application submitted June 19. Partner's card received in September, and I'm still waiting......
I don't understand why they do this. They open a package containing all that's required but only process half of it, crazy.

I hope we get our cards soon. :(

btw did you try calling them?

clouttrout

Star Member
Nov 11, 2020
Hello all I am a new member can anybody please tell me what days they are processing pr card renew applications. I have submitted on Oct 5. I am waiting for aor
from what I have read on the forum so far, they have only processed early september ones for now.

Kanedaa

Mar 2, 2020
LANDED..........
08-27-2015
Currently the processing time is 110 days & they are issuing AORs for mid sept applications. You should expect AOR by mid Dec.

guitarman

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I don't understand why they do this. They open a package containing all that's required but only process half of it, crazy.

I hope we get our cards soon. :(

btw did you try calling them?
Yes I called twice. The first time the just said sometimes it takes longer for certain cards to be processed.

I also called on Friday, because even though our child's card is listed as approved, we hadn't received it. Turns out they sent it to the wrong address, and old address, even though we wrote the correct new address in a letter in our package.

As far as my card is concerned, the agent had no idea why it wan't processed yet, and even seemed apologetic that it was taking so long.