+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD EXPIRED IN PAKISTAN AND PRTD

kamila_26H

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Alberta
Try mailing vfs Afghanistan (if that's not possible then I suppose vfs Pakistan) first and ask them what steps you can follow. Also if you are a PR who meets RO then try contacting the Canadian embassy or IRCC or your MP in Canada and explain them your situation, since you are stuck in Afghanistan your case could be a priority case due to the current affairs.
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, there is no vfs in Afghanistan so Afghans usually have to submit their applications to the nearest one. I am in contact with my local MP and they were able to contact IRCC. Thanks again
All the best,

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
How do you guys check the status online? I have tried going through CIC website and then selected Permanent Resident option. Entering the UCI number and other info. but it just keeps giving me an error to try again.

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
This is pretty unbelievable, but I already have a decision made on my application. Received an email from Abu Dhabi office to submit passport.

Below is my timeline;

Application submitted at VAC : September 3rd, 2021
Application received by IRCC : September 8th, 2021
Decision made and request for passport : September 13th, 2021

Reactions: rajkumarl

Zaviii

Oct 8, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
This is pretty unbelievable, but I already have a decision made on my application. Received an email from Abu Dhabi office to submit passport.

Below is my timeline;

Hey I am in the exact same situation as your wife, had a few questions if you could answer because I haven't seen anyone's Application be approved as quick as your wife's. Did you physically visit Lahore VFS and submit the application there or did you courier the application to VFS Lahore because on Vfs pakistans website it says PTRD applications can only be couriered and not applied in person at VFS lahore? Was the passport submitted at the same time when the application was submitted? And lastly, what were the documents that you provided that led them to approve it so quickly? Was a return ticket already purchased for your wife and shown or any other important documents?

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Hey I am in the exact same situation as your wife, had a few questions if you could answer because I haven't seen anyone's Application be approved as quick as your wife's. Did you physically visit Lahore VFS and submit the application there or did you courier the application to VFS Lahore because on Vfs pakistans website it says PTRD applications can only be couriered and not applied in person at VFS lahore? Was the passport submitted at the same time when the application was submitted? And lastly, what were the documents that you provided that led them to approve it so quickly? Was a return ticket already purchased for your wife and shown or any other important documents?
1) Yes - we physically visited VFS Lahore. I know it says to courier on the website but I chatted with their customer service and they told me we could come in and submit.

2) No - passport was not submitted at the time of the application. We just received a letter from Abu Dhabi asking us to submit it now.

3) Documents we submitted were;
Application form for PRTD
Document checklist
Family information form
Photos
Return Ticket
Travel history of last 5 years
Tickets from last 5 years
Photocopy of passports held in last 5 years
CRA notice of assessment for last 5 years
Bank statements (randomly picked) from last 5 years
University transcripts

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Here is my timeline (I received my passport today):

Application submitted at VAC Lahore : July 28th, 2021
Application received by IRCC : August 2nd, 2021
Decision made and request for passport : September 9th, 2021
Passport sent on: September 10th, 2021
Passport received by the IRCC office: September 13th (I believe this was 2 days late because 11th and 12th were a weekend)
Passports stamped and dispatched: September 14th
Passports received: Septermber 16th

I would also add that try to submit as many supporting documents as possible and if you haven't gotten anything within 3 weeks then email the Canadian high commission of Pakistan and ask them wether your application is being processed in Islamabad and abu dhabi and if abu dhabi then follow up with webforms. I submitted 2 in total and when I submitted the second one I got the response that I should be getting PPR letter shortly and I got it within hours after that. By the trend, the waiting time for a PRTD is getting shorter and shorter which is good for all the current and future applicants. All the best!

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021

Below is my timeline;

That was fairly quick! Congratulations

Reactions: isookvi

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Here is my timeline (I received my passport today):

Application submitted at VAC Lahore : July 28th, 2021
Application received by IRCC : August 2nd, 2021
Decision made and request for passport : September 9th, 2021
Passport sent on: September 10th, 2021
Passport received by the IRCC office: September 13th (I believe this was 2 days late because 11th and 12th were a weekend)
Passports stamped and dispatched: September 14th
Passports received: Septermber 16th

I would also add that try to submit as many supporting documents as possible and if you haven't gotten anything within 3 weeks then email the Canadian high commission of Pakistan and ask them wether your application is being processed in Islamabad and abu dhabi and if abu dhabi then follow up with webforms. I submitted 2 in total and when I submitted the second one I got the response that I should be getting PPR letter shortly and I got it within hours after that. By the trend, the waiting time for a PRTD is getting shorter and shorter which is good for all the current and future applicants. All the best!
Congratulations! This is great news.

Yes, it does seem like the wait time for PRTD is significantly shorter now.

Sysk

Aug 30, 2021
Applied PRTD from Karachi via email.
Timeline:
Aug 18th - PRTD Application with supportive docs (NOA, Bank ST, Expired PR, Returned TICKET SEPT 10th)
Aug 24th - Reply asking Valid and Expired PP (copies of all pages ) via email
Aug 25th - Acknowledgment of Receipt
Is there any update on your application ?

raykhan79

Jul 10, 2014
Last update from local MP (Sept 29th):

Hello,

Just did the inquiry and following is the update

PRTD Application

-Was in processing with Rapid response team

-Application has been approved and not finalized

-Urgent processing requested

raykhan79

Jul 10, 2014
-Update-
October 11th, 2021
A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application and we require the submission of your
passport to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) located nearest to you.

Zaviii

Oct 8, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
-Update-
October 11th, 2021
A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application and we require the submission of your
passport to the Visa Application Centre (VAC) located nearest to you.
So they took close to two months for your PTRD? Wow that's alot. Had you already bought a return ticket for Canada and did you show proof for that? Did you have to delay your flight again and again because of their delays? It's soo weird that all you're trying to do is go back to your country which shouldn't be such a hassle but it is. Also what is your occupation in Canada, are you employed or student because doesn't make sense for them to delay it when it's urgent for you to return and you're directly providing to the Canadian economy.

Hira ch

Dec 18, 2021
hi I’m going to apply for my prtd from Pakistan does anyone know how long is the process timing for that ? And is there any reason for them to reject it? Because my RO is fulfilled and I have no criminal background in Canada.

MinhasZaidi

Feb 10, 2022
Hi can anyone please tell me how did you guys apply for Permanent Reident Travel Document. I am in a similar position where my card is expiring and i applied through email to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and i have only received 1 email that is acknowledgement on December 28, 2021. Nothing after this. If i should apply any other way please let me know.

forsaken11

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
hi I’m going to apply for my prtd from Pakistan does anyone know how long is the process timing for that ? And is there any reason for them to reject it? Because my RO is fulfilled and I have no criminal background in Canada.
Did you end up applying for PRTD from Pakistan? I need to do this from Karachi and wondering how long the processing times are.