+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD EXPIRED IN PAKISTAN AND PRTD

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
No update since then. I have contacted Islamabad high commission through email and they informed me that your application is being processed in UAE and if you want to contact them use webforms. I don't understand why it is taking too long to process the application as I don't even have residency obligation.
Hi - any luck with your application? My wife is in Lahore and her PR expired. Her return flight is in October but the processing time for PTRD may force her to extend her flight. Is there a way to submit an urgent app?

She did apply for her PR while she was in Canada. So my other option is to wait for PR card and take it with me when I visit in October. But that also seems to be taking at least 4 months, which might be too late in my case.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi - any luck with your application? My wife is in Lahore and her PR expired. Her return flight is in October but the processing time for PTRD may force her to extend her flight. Is there a way to submit an urgent app?

She did apply for her PR while she was in Canada. So my other option is to wait for PR card and take it with me when I visit in October. But that also seems to be taking at least 4 months, which might be too late in my case.
When did she apply for her PRTD?

Aug 28, 2021
Hi I would advise you to wait for your PRTD or if you are in possession of Landing papers then you will be able to enter Canada from the US land border in private vehicle. These days Pakistan's cases are being reviewed by consulate / embassy in UAE.
I want to apply for Canadian immigration program.
I did engineering and right now working in Qatar in hydro jetting department I had 3 years work experience In Pakistan and 6 months here please guide me

Sam91

Jan 1, 2016

Nothin yet. I have sent an email to my MP and sent webform. My brother applied for PR card renewal in april and he received it in 1 and a half month. I couldn't apply for the renewal as I just had one day to book my flight and fly as my mother was on ventilator.

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Nothin yet. I have sent an email to my MP and sent webform. My brother applied for PR card renewal in april and he received it in 1 and a half month. I couldn't apply for the renewal as I just had one day to book my flight and fly as my mother was on ventilator.
Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she is doing better now.

Please keep me posted on any updates. I will be applying for her PRTD in the next week and will apply it as urgent too. I have a little more time than you had for their return so I hope it comes back by then. Thanks!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she is doing better now.

Please keep me posted on any updates. I will be applying for her PRTD in the next week and will apply it as urgent too. I have a little more time than you had for their return so I hope it comes back by then. Thanks!
You should really apply for PRTD as soon as you land in another country unless you will be staying in the country for a long period of time. There isn’t urgent processing when it comes to PRTD. If it is very clear that you meet RO (minimal travel and significantly over 730 days) and that it isn’t an H&C case PRTDs get processed at the same speed. Attaching proof of your flight might help but if you haven’t received your PRTD in 4 weeks the best option may be to ask your MP to follow-up. Needing to return to work in Canada is usually a good thing to stress to the MP as long as you do need to return to Canada and work and can’t work remotely from your international location. Being able to contribute to the economy and the economic recovery after covid is of course viewed as a high priority.

Sysk

Aug 30, 2021
I am going ro apply for my PRTD from Lahore , can anyone please advice
1: should i send my original passport with the package or wait for the passport request.
2: whats the processing time .

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
You should really apply for PRTD as soon as you land in another country unless you will be staying in the country for a long period of time. There isn’t urgent processing when it comes to PRTD. If it is very clear that you meet RO (minimal travel and significantly over 730 days) and that it isn’t an H&C case PRTDs get processed at the same speed. Attaching proof of your flight might help but if you haven’t received your PRTD in 4 weeks the best option may be to ask your MP to follow-up. Needing to return to work in Canada is usually a good thing to stress to the MP as long as you do need to return to Canada and work and can’t work remotely from your international location. Being able to contribute to the economy and the economic recovery after covid is of course viewed as a high priority.
Should it be 4 weeks even when it is sent to another Country?

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
did you get any response?

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
I haven't applied yet. Although I contacted VAC and they told me the processing time is 61 days but can change from time to time. I am very skeptical of that timeline though.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
I haven't applied yet. Although I contacted VAC and they told me the processing time is 61 days but can change from time to time. I am very skeptical of that timeline though.
Lol I was reading a thread back from 2018 and it was 61 days back then too. I contacted someone who had applied for their parents in early july and received it within 4 weeks. I also saw someone who applied in mid feb and got a call for interview early may (after this its usually a 10 day process) wonder if that means it is the same now too. My application was sent on 28th July and still in process.

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Lol I was reading a thread back from 2018 and it was 61 days back then too. I contacted someone who had applied for their parents in early july and received it within 4 weeks. I also saw someone who applied in mid feb and got a call for interview early may (after this its usually a 10 day process) wonder if that means it is the same now too. My application was sent on 28th July and still in process.
Haha I know! I read the same one which us why I didn't really believe them. The timelines you are referring to gives me a bit of hope. I have read some horror stories of it taking 8 months or something like that. I guess it depends on the application as well.

Are you applying just for yourself? Did you meet the RO? When are you planning to return?