+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD EXPIRED IN PAKISTAN AND PRTD

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Haha I know! I read the same one which us why I didn't really believe them. The timelines you are referring to gives me a bit of hope. I have read some horror stories of it taking 8 months or something like that. I guess it depends on the application as well.

Are you applying just for yourself? Did you meet the RO? When are you planning to return?
Same. People are travelling less so hopefully that means faster processing of prtd applications. I applied for myself and my 2 daughters. We meet the RO by a margin (had only been out of Canada for 30 days in 2018). My planned return was this Monday but I guess not anymore. Usually it takes 8 months or more for those with H&C but I have some normal cases in 2018 taking that long. Lets see

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Same. People are travelling less so hopefully that means faster processing of prtd applications. I applied for myself and my 2 daughters. We meet the RO by a margin (had only been out of Canada for 30 days in 2018). My planned return was this Monday but I guess not anymore. Usually it takes 8 months or more for those with H&C but I have some normal cases in 2018 taking that long. Lets see
Let's see. Less people traveling but I don't know how the situation in Afghanistan will impact all of this.

raykhan79

Jul 10, 2014
Applied PRTD from Karachi via email.
Timeline:
Aug 18th - PRTD Application with supportive docs (NOA, Bank ST, Expired PR, Returned TICKET SEPT 10th)
Aug 24th - Reply asking Valid and Expired PP (copies of all pages ) via email
Aug 25th - Acknowledgment of Receipt

Reactions: Sysk

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Applied PRTD from Karachi via email.
Timeline:
Aug 18th - PRTD Application with supportive docs (NOA, Bank ST, Expired PR, Returned TICKET SEPT 10th)
Aug 24th - Reply asking Valid and Expired PP (copies of all pages ) via email
Aug 25th - Acknowledgment of Receipt
Do you meet your RO?

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Did you mean Residency Obligation? Yes
I am going to send an email to IRCC again with my application and supporting documents.
IRCC will not do anything. You have to apply through the vfs in your city or online if its not open. Then it gets sent to the high comission in Islamabad, if it gets processed there (which I believe is very veryyyyyy rare) then it should take about 4-5 weeks. If it sent to abu dhabi from there then it can take upto 2-3 months

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you mean Residency Obligation? Yes
I am going to send an email to IRCC again with my application and supporting documents.
You have only been waiting around 2 weeks. This is a pretty common waiting period and resources may also have been reallocated to deal with emergency applications in Afghanistan. Would wait for another week or two and email if you haven’t heard anything by then.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi guys I had put in an enquiry to the abdbi immigration via their webform yesterday and this is the reply I got

“This is in response to your email enquiry.

You shall receive your passport request letter shortly.

We trust that this information will be of assistance”

Does this mean they have reviewed my application and approved it? And it is no more in queue? Also how do people receive the letter usually, through mail or email?

isookvi

Apr 14, 2015
Hi guys I had put in an enquiry to the abdbi immigration via their webform yesterday and this is the reply I got

“This is in response to your email enquiry.

You shall receive your passport request letter shortly.

We trust that this information will be of assistance”

Does this mean they have reviewed my application and approved it? And it is no more in queue? Also how do people receive the letter usually, through mail or email?
Unfortunately, I won't be able to be of any assistance to you for your question but it does sound like your application is close to completion.

How did you know your application was sent to Abu Dhabi? I applied last week and the status update I have received is that it was received by IRCC. It doesn't tell if it's Islamabad or Abu Dhabi. I applied in Lahore so the application was first sent to VFS Islamabad.

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Unfortunately, I won't be able to be of any assistance to you for your question but it does sound like your application is close to completion.

How did you know your application was sent to Abu Dhabi? I applied last week and the status update I have received is that it was received by IRCC. It doesn't tell if it's Islamabad or Abu Dhabi. I applied in Lahore so the application was first sent to VFS Islamabad.
You should email the high comission at Islamabad and they will let you know where it is. This is the email where I sent my email and got my response from: ISBADIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021

Give it atleast 4 weeks before you hear anything else from them

SheikhAhmed

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hi,
My PR card is also expired, I'm currently in Afghanistan and cannot get to the closest visa application center to submit my PRTD (borders are closed). Anyone able to guide me? I couldn't find an email address of the visa application center to email my application instead.
Thanks in advance
Try mailing vfs Afghanistan (if that's not possible then I suppose vfs Pakistan) first and ask them what steps you can follow. Also if you are a PR who meets RO then try contacting the Canadian embassy or IRCC or your MP in Canada and explain them your situation, since you are stuck in Afghanistan your case could be a priority case due to the current affairs.