+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR CARD EXPIRED IN PAKISTAN AND PRTD

Zaviii

Oct 8, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Hi can anyone please tell me how did you guys apply for Permanent Reident Travel Document. I am in a similar position where my card is expiring and i applied through email to IRCC.COVIDPRTD-TVRPCOVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca and i have only received 1 email that is acknowledgement on December 28, 2021. Nothing after this. If i should apply any other way please let me know.
I applied in person in VFS Lahore. I read online that in person is quicker and it was so I did. My timeline was :-
11th Nov - Application Submitted in VFS Lahore
15th Nov - AOR from IRCC - Dubai
17th Nov - Passport Request - Approval
30th Nov - Passport submitted at VFS for PRTD
13th Dec - Passport collected

It is worth mentioning that I had to go to VFS again and again and had to email MP's in Canada as my flight was on 14th Dec and there was no update on my passport. I would advise you that do not make the mistake of delaying to submit your passport as even though it only goes to islamabad, for some people that can take 2/3 weeks.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Zaviii

Oct 8, 2019
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
FAM
hi I’m going to apply for my prtd from Pakistan does anyone know how long is the process timing for that ? And is there any reason for them to reject it? Because my RO is fulfilled and I have no criminal background in Canada.
No if everything is good, they issue PRTD immediately, especially if you have a confirmed ticket to Canada.
Atleast that's what happened in my case

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Also can we apply for PRTD if we are outside in advance of expiry of PR card or do we wait for it to expire first and than apply.