+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR application processing at CIC Calgary

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
My SS was ongoing but I received an update 2 weeks ago that it was completed and final approval is awaited on my application. Still waiting
Hi Bimale,

How did you receive this update of your ss being complete?

I called cic on jan 25th and they said there was an update on your file today call back next week sincr we cant see what the update is. Is that possible that the agent cannot see wht the update is? She only told me some officer has touched your file today so that is a good sign.

what can i make if this?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi Bimale,

How did you receive this update of your ss being complete?

I called cic on jan 25th and they said there was an update on your file today call back next week sincr we cant see what the update is. Is that possible that the agent cannot see wht the update is? She only told me some officer has touched your file today so that is a good sign.

what can i make if this?
I called IRCC call center.... first on 9 Jan and then again on 10 Jan to reconfirm what I heard on 9 Jan :D. They told me that SS was completed sometime in December.
It could be possible that they may not have access to the update. Call them up around the end of this week...

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
i am in toronto. not sure why my application is bouncing from one office to another. what do your gcms notes say. why is it getting delayed. it is because of calgary office processing slow?
Mine also was transferred to Vancouver, then to Winnipeg CIC for workload redistribution.

Somewhere I see that Winnipeg is slow as hell. :(

baxa1981

May 29, 2012
Yeah, my application for Aor 21 november, is being processed at calgary center aswell. Though my question is, is it a big case processing visa office like cpc ottawa or they just prepare files for them.
Of course, it's a small office. Even Vancouver one is small. They are for citizenship and refugees. It's kind of weird that they are getting our files. Maybe, just to park them there temporarily until it reaches 6 months. Inland processing times are terrible now.

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I called IRCC call center.... first on 9 Jan and then again on 10 Jan to reconfirm what I heard on 9 Jan :D. They told me that SS was completed sometime in December.
It could be possible that they may not have access to the update. Call them up around the end of this week...
Yess planning to call them again next week. Did u receive ppr??

When do ur medicals expire?

saharali2909

Star Member
Mar 26, 2018
I’m planning to call them by the end this week. Last week on Wednesday, they told me my file was approved
Oh great!

I hope you receive speedy ppr and my file is next in line.
I called Cic yesterday again and they saud they are no updates and that they are working on your file. I dont know what it means because last week the agent said your file was touched on jan 25th but this agent could not see it. I dont know who to believe... its soo frustrating

Dp32

Jan 25, 2019
Of course, it's a small office. Even Vancouver one is small. They are for citizenship and refugees. It's kind of weird that they are getting our files. Maybe, just to park them there temporarily until it reaches 6 months. Inland processing times are terrible now.
Did you receive any updates for your Application? What is Aor?

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
Hi I would to know if there are any forum members (CEC or FSW) whose PR application is being processed at the Calgary CIC....

Question is with regards to the average processing time through the Calgary CIC...

I am from the CEC stream based in Toronto. AoR is 6 April 2018
My application is being processed with Calgary CIC (info obtained through the GCMS notes)
Hello. Have you gotten your PPR mail yet?

Jamiez04

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Northwest Territories
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Calgary
App. Filed.......
26-07-2018
AOR Received.
26-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-04-2019
LANDED..........
12-04-2019
That's awesome. Congrats after the long wait

hjamil

Oct 2, 2018
I have called cic agent on 8th Feb, she told me that my case is approved and it is in Calgary office for processing. Any idea how long it will take?
AOR 19 Sep
MED pass 14 OCT
IP1 14OCT
IP2 29 Jan

kattarrina

Apr 26, 2014
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
03-11-2018
I just found out today that my VO is Calgary.

AOR Nov 3rd
MEP Dec 1st

No update since.

Agent told me today that my VO is Calgary and the following:
Criminality - in progress
Eligibility - not started (not even inital review)
Security - not started

Pls share your experience with this VO and your timelines. I would like to know of this is normal application stage after 3.5 months.