+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is no template for CV. He has to write it down by himself.
The CV is requested for security purposes. So, it is better that he puts all the details of his studies (like major, thesis title, supervisor, etc.) and works in the past.
Thank you for your reply,

Two more questions I have:
1.Does he need to put all of his work histories that he had in the past or just the ones that he had declared when he filed his application?
2. I found the following link on CIC website regarding the template (it's a word file), do you think it's OK to put his information in it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/information-priority-administration/resume-template-priority-administration.html

Thank you in advance,

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you for your reply,

Two more questions I have:
1.Does he need to put all of his work histories that he had in the past or just the ones that he had declared when he filed his application?
2. I found the following link on CIC website regarding the template (it's a word file), do you think it's OK to put his information in it?
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/services/information-priority-administration/resume-template-priority-administration.html

Thank you in advance,
1- put all the history. Don't leave any gap as they need to make sure the person is safe.
2- I think this is a template for people who want to get a government job. The purpose of this CV.Resume is for security and more general admissibility.They want to make sure that the person does not pose any danger. For that, I would say more important than the style is the material, the major, work, and supporting information.
Good Luck

Reactions: earlybird2019

earlybird2019

Star Member
Dec 22, 2018
1- put all the history. Don't leave any gap as they need to make sure the person is safe.
2- I think this is a template for people who want to get a government job. The purpose of this CV.Resume is for security and more general admissibility.They want to make sure that the person does not pose any danger. For that, I would say more important than the style is the material, the major, work, and supporting information.
Good Luck
Thanks @Mr_nobody for your steadfast contributions, following @MedZed question, what about publications and any unemployment periods?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks @Mr_nobody for your steadfast contributions, following @MedZed question, what about publications and any unemployment periods?
No worries. I just read my message and realized that I was speaking Persian with English words. My English sucks from time to time. :D
Anyways, I would say definitely put your publication list. They want to know if your research can be used to make something dangerous or not. For papers, you can even put links (or arxiv) of the papers that you have published
But for unemployment period, I am not sure. If you already explained in your history in the application, maybe you don't need that. I am afraid putting unemployed causes another red flag.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good Luck
Thank you a ton. :)

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Hello Everybody,

I recently joined this forum and I find the comments very useful. Thanks for everybody who is contributing.

About 90 days has passed since my AOR (FSW Outland). I passed the medical exam 42 days after AOR but have not heard any updates since then.

Should I order GSCM notes?

Is there a way other than ordering GSCM to know what is going on with the profile?

Can I call CIC for updates from outside Canada?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello Everybody,

I recently joined this forum and I find the comments very useful. Thanks for everybody who is contributing.

About 90 days has passed since my AOR (FSW Outland). I passed the medical exam 42 days after AOR but have not heard any updates since then.

Should I order GSCM notes?

Is there a way other than ordering GSCM to know what is going on with the profile?

Can I call CIC for updates from outside Canada?
Hello and welcome aboard.
several points:
1- did you receive biometric request? Search for it on these forums, you can find info

2- yes you can and must order GCMS notes after 3-4 months from aor.

3- Yes, you can call CIC. use google hangout for free phone call: 1-888-242-2100
If you call them, ask specifically about: completeness, eligibility, criminality, and security

NacImmi

Jun 23, 2019
Hello and welcome aboard.
several points:
1- did you receive biometric request? Search for it on these forums, you can find info

2- yes you can and must order GCMS notes after 3-4 months from aor.

3- Yes, you can call CIC. use google hangout for free phone call: 1-888-242-2100
If you call them, ask specifically about: completeness, eligibility, criminality, and security
Dear Mr_nobody,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I received request for biometrics the day I passed the medical exam and completed it a few days after that.

The reason I was a little hesitant to order the GSCM notes was that I have read (in the forum ordering) it might delay the processing. Is that not correct?

One more question: does the VISA office affect the processing time? My application is at Sydney Case Processing Center. Do they process faster or slower that the other visa centers?

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Dear Mr_nobody,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I received request for biometrics the day I passed the medical exam and completed it a few days after that.

The reason I was a little hesitant to order the GSCM notes was that I have read (in the forum ordering) it might delay the processing. Is that not correct?

One more question: does the VISA office affect the processing time? My application is at Sydney Case Processing Center. Do they process faster or slower that the other visa centers?
GCMS won't delay processing, and if it does, its benefits is more than its disadvantages.
Processing depends on the officer, not the office. There is no way we can predict. It is purely luck!

Edit: Read this post that I shared in the past
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/pr-applicants-from-iran.605489/page-73#post-7797587

Diana1313

Star Member
Apr 19, 2019
Ok,
Here it goes
I am the primary applicant and our AOR is Feb 23 if you guys remember. Our timeline says 59 days to go and i just found out I’m pregnant.
We have a valid multiple entry TRV till Feb. and Feb will be my expected due date as well.
I think we have 3. Options please correct me if I’m wrong and give me your input
1. Wait till PPR, even if this means to have baby in Iran. If PPR comes before birth and we have enough time, do landing and have baby in Canada, baby is citizen right away
2. after baby is born, after baby is born, add him/her immediately to current application ( i am complyaware of the process) to get PPR for all of us together
3. Book a flight to Canada for November ( latest i am able to travel) if PPr comes before November then this will be our landing too and we will have baby in canada, if PPr hasn’t come by November we will go have baby in Canada anyway. Just a problem if PPr comes after we land in Canada and baby isn’t born yet, what the ??

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Ok,
Here it goes
I am the primary applicant and our AOR is Feb 23 if you guys remember. Our timeline says 59 days to go and i just found out I’m pregnant.
We have a valid multiple entry TRV till Feb. and Feb will be my expected due date as well.
I think we have 3. Options please correct me if I’m wrong and give me your input
1. Wait till PPR, even if this means to have baby in Iran. If PPR comes before birth and we have enough time, do landing and have baby in Canada, baby is citizen right away
2. after baby is born, after baby is born, add him/her immediately to current application ( i am complyaware of the process) to get PPR for all of us together
3. Book a flight to Canada for November ( latest i am able to travel) if PPr comes before November then this will be our landing too and we will have baby in canada, if PPr hasn’t come by November we will go have baby in Canada anyway. Just a problem if PPr comes after we land in Canada and baby isn’t born yet, what the ??
Hello, your questions are really difficult, it is better to ask some of seniors in other threads. But, I will try my best to share my input.
59 days does not mean anything. It is just 59 days to your 6 months timeline. If I am not mistaken, you were RR, so be prepared that your case takes longer than others.
1) That is a good option, but only if the ppr comes before the time that you are allowed to travel. I am not sure when is the last date that a pregnant woman can enter the airplane, but definitely, if it is risky, they won't allow you. But, if you have the baby in Iran, then you need to get a visa or apply for s separate pr for the baby probably. I am not sure.
2- This is something I have seen people do. They add new born to the application. Maybe this is the best option.
3- That is a tricky option. If ppr doesn't show up then you don't get a health card and you have to pay all the costs of hospital by yourself. Do you have enough support for that? I heard it might cost some several thousands of dollars and given that you are just moving, you will have way more costs to finally settle down. Are you OK with that?
About your question, no matter you receive the ppr or not, if you have the baby in Canada, the baby is going to be Canadian Citizen and no problem at all. The issue though is if the baby is born in Iran. Then you need to either add him/her to this application or get a separate application.

@cansha, bro i am not sure if you are still around here or not, but if you are, please enlighten us with your suggestions. I remember you had good information about pregnant applicants.

Edit: Also you can ask your question from legalfalcon on his own thread. He is probably the most experienced person here.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/thank-you-legalfalcon.408185/page-640

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hello, your questions are really difficult, it is better to ask some of seniors in other threads. But, I will try my best to share my input.
59 days does not mean anything. It is just 59 days to your 6 months timeline. If I am not mistaken, you were RR, so be prepared that your case takes longer than others.
1) That is a good option, but only if the ppr comes before the time that you are allowed to travel. I am not sure when is the last date that a pregnant woman can enter the airplane, but definitely, if it is risky, they won't allow you. But, if you have the baby in Iran, then you need to get a visa or apply for s separate pr for the baby probably. I am not sure.
2- This is something I have seen people do. They add new born to the application. Maybe this is the best option.
3- That is a tricky option. If ppr doesn't show up then you don't get a health card and you have to pay all the costs of hospital by yourself. Do you have enough support for that? I heard it might cost some several thousands of dollars and given that you are just moving, you will have way more costs to finally settle down. Are you OK with that?
About your question, no matter you receive the ppr or not, if you have the baby in Canada, the baby is going to be Canadian Citizen and no problem at all. The issue though is if the baby is born in Iran. Then you need to either add him/her to this application or get a separate application.

@cansha, bro i am not sure if you are still around here or not, but if you are, please enlighten us with your suggestions. I remember you had good information about pregnant applicants.
I’m around bro. You call me and I’m here.

I agree with whatever you have said. To the OP my only suggestion would be do not plan things around PPR. These days PPR may be delayed and as said above the 6 month timeline has lost its meaning long time back.

If the desire is that child is Canadian citizen by birth then as suggested here you need to be sure you can take care of expenses if you’re in Canada on TRV.

Or if you’re lucky and get PPR then initially land in a province where health insurance is applicable from day 1. I think Alberta is one. There would be a 3 month waiting period for Ontario.

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
I’m around bro. You call me and I’m here.

I agree with whatever you have said. To the OP my only suggestion would be do not plan things around PPR. These days PPR may be delayed and as said above the 6 month timeline has lost its meaning long time back.

If the desire is that child is Canadian citizen by birth then as suggested here you need to be sure you can take care of expenses if you’re in Canada on TRV.

Or if you’re lucky and get PPR then initially land in a province where health insurance is applicable from day 1. I think Alberta is one. There would be a 3 month waiting period for Ontario.
Thanks bro. Had I knew I am this lucky to have my wish come true right away, I would have wished for an ever-lasting wealth. Wait, but your value is worth than any money and wealth :D
Thanks for the input, I agree. Saskatchewan also gives health card on day 1. I am not sure about Alberta. But Ontario definitely has some waiting time.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Thanks bro. Had I knew I am this lucky to have my wish come true right away, I would have wished for an ever-lasting wealth. Wait, but your value is worth than any money and wealth :D
Thanks for the input, I agree. Saskatchewan also gives health card on day 1. I am not sure about Alberta. But Ontario definitely has some waiting time.
It’s okay lan if you wished for wealth. Just share some if you become ultra rich. Ha ha

Reactions: Mr_nobody