+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR applicants from Iran

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Had a ghost update again this morning..1st ghost update was last week and I called and agent said security started,

Timeline below

Adr for schedule A and cv and student form:April 17,status changed to NA on April 18

1st Ghost update:April23--agent said security started

2nd ghost update--today

Someone please what does this mean
Most probably it means that your security is finished and your file is approved. I think you are gonna receive your ppr soon. You can call them and ask to make sure if it is approved. :)

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
@Mr_nobody, @aasaf and other super-duper beloved members, I am contemplating the idea of ordering GCMS notes, I have studied the forum and seeing the evolution of opinion in this topic towards time, it is mentioned GCMS may contribute to delay in process and gradually opinion changes and this become a necessity and very good tool and not ordering it is a very bad idea.

I know each case has different characteristics and there is no definitive answer, however can we somehow document this issue and suggest the best practices in regards ordering GCMS notes in single thread(we are having over 1000 messages now and I want to help other fellow citizens time and avoiding searching on this topic on multiple threads.)

Some questions to organise this topic:
What is best time of ordering GCMS notes for a typical candidate? (@aasaf mentioned once, over 120 days, I just passed this threshold BTW)

What is the best way of ordering it if we don’t have a Canadian citizen who is willing to do that for us?

What a fellow Canadian friend should do and what procedure should be followed in order to ask for a GSMC notes for us, is it worth to go ask someone?

One last thing, Can anyone redact personal information and share few screenshot of received GCMS notes, I found this guy (https://ladatwork.wordpress.com/2018/04/28/ip2-updated-ft-gcms/) did a good job in sharing and analyzing the notes, however I would like to see the Persian flavour of the same if it is at all possible for inland applicant and outland.

Thanks a ton folks.

Chaker shoma,

Ayoub (still no relation to mr_nobody)
Anyone who is legally staying in Canada can order it for $5.
If you don't know anyone in Canada, you can order it from the third party.
The best time to order the notes is after 90 days.
Ordering the notes will not accelerate or delay the process, but some people have different opinions.

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody, @aasaf and other super-duper beloved members, I am contemplating the idea of ordering GCMS notes, I have studied the forum and seeing the evolution of opinion in this topic towards time, it is mentioned GCMS may contribute to delay in process and gradually opinion changes and this become a necessity and very good tool and not ordering it is a very bad idea.

I know each case has different characteristics and there is no definitive answer, however can we somehow document this issue and suggest the best practices in regards ordering GCMS notes in single thread(we are having over 1000 messages now and I want to help other fellow citizens time and avoiding searching on this topic on multiple threads.)

Some questions to organise this topic:
What is best time of ordering GCMS notes for a typical candidate? (@aasaf mentioned once, over 120 days, I just passed this threshold BTW)

What is the best way of ordering it if we don’t have a Canadian citizen who is willing to do that for us?

What a fellow Canadian friend should do and what procedure should be followed in order to ask for a GSMC notes for us, is it worth to go ask someone?

One last thing, Can anyone redact personal information and share few screenshot of received GCMS notes, I found this guy (https://ladatwork.wordpress.com/2018/04/28/ip2-updated-ft-gcms/) did a good job in sharing and analyzing the notes, however I would like to see the Persian flavour of the same if it is at all possible for inland applicant and outland.

Thanks a ton folks.

Chaker shoma,

Ayoub (still no relation to mr_nobody)
You asked a long question, and I am gonna answer you even longer!

Well, to begin with, I have seen a lot of people on these threads backing GCMS notes in a way that I feel like they are being paid by those websites to advertise their products on these forums.Of note, the owner of some of these websites are some VIP members who started from these forums.
Anyways, I personally don't know if it effects the processing time or not. But, there are several points that comes to my mind
  • CIC does not have one single office. Different offices may have different policies (internal). Some may delay the process some may not. I am not sure!
  • All the documents for a person gets recorded in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). Specifically, all the communication with CIC (including ordering notes) gets recorded. Some people believe that too much inquiries might cause a red flag in your case, especially for the people in SS. However, I have seen cases who ordered notes on a monthly basis, yet they got their ppr in 6 months!
  • Different group of people are responsible for ATI (Access to Information) notes. The question is: Do those people have any contact with the officer working on the file? Is it going to make any complications? or is just the case that the ATI officer prints out the GCMS.
  • CIC collaborates with a lot of other department and agencies for permanent residency, e.g. RCMP, CBSA, CSIS, etc. How about them? What is their policy wit the notes?
  • We need to know what is the use of notes and what is the purpose of ordering them? What kind of benefit it has? Is it worth it?

However, given all the above question, I believe ordering notes after 3-4 months of aor is a must. The benefit of ordering notes outweigh any disadvantages (may or may not exist).

The steps for a file is that first someone checks the completeness of the application. At this step, a lot of applicants get rejected but there is little that a person can do about it, because the rejection is because the application was not complete and missed some important docs. Then, a case analyst, evaluates all the documents such as education, work experience, language, PoF, etc. In this step, a lot of people gets RR because some of the docs they provided was vague. This is the step that the applicant should be proactive and immediately send some supporting doc to back the application. Otherwise, the file goes to several rounds of reviews by senior analysts and officers and may get rejected. The processing time also gets so long because a lot of people need to check the info. However, if the person orders notes, they know where the problem is and they can solve it immediately. Usually case analysts reviews the doc before the end of 4 month of aor. That is why everyone recommends that around that time applicant should order notes to know what is going on.

After the eligibility is done, the CIC part is almost over. The criminality and security is mostly done by other agencies. Especially for security that the file is completely analyzed by CBSA. At this point I don't think if ordering CIC notes have any negative impact on the processing of CBSA! Also, there is no advantage either. There is little that applicant can do about criminality and security, except waiting. At this stage. I think ordering notes doesn't have any benefit or disadvantage. It just helps time passes faster!

Lastly, the joke is that I have seen applicants who have been waiting for more than a year, but still they don't order notes because they are afraid that it might prolong their processing time. I am like your case is already long, what are you afraid of. Then when they receive rejection, they realize that they should have some small errors that was easy to correct!

For ordering, if you are in Canada, it is free. If there is a person in Canada who can order for you, it costs 5$. Otherwise, you have to use a third party. I am not sure which one is better as I never used them. If you search there are a lot of forums teaching how to order them.

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018

Well, to begin with, I have seen a lot of people on these threads backing GCMS notes in a way that I feel like they are being paid by those websites to advertise their products on these forums.Of note, the owner of some of these websites are some VIP members who started from these forums.
Anyways, I personally don't know if it effects the processing time or not. But, there are several points that comes to my mind
  • CIC does not have one single office. Different offices may have different policies (internal). Some may delay the process some may not. I am not sure!
  • All the documents for a person gets recorded in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). Specifically, all the communication with CIC (including ordering notes) gets recorded. Some people believe that too much inquiries might cause a red flag in your case, especially for the people in SS. However, I have seen cases who ordered notes on a monthly basis, yet they got their ppr in 6 months!
  • Different group of people are responsible for ATI (Access to Information) notes. The question is: Do those people have any contact with the officer working on the file? Is it going to make any complications? or is just the case that the ATI officer prints out the GCMS.
  • CIC collaborates with a lot of other department and agencies for permanent residency, e.g. RCMP, CBSA, CSIS, etc. How about them? What is their policy wit the notes?
  • We need to know what is the use of notes and what is the purpose of ordering them? What kind of benefit it has? Is it worth it?

However, given all the above question, I believe ordering notes after 3-4 months of aor is a must. The benefit of ordering notes outweigh any disadvantages (may or may not exist).

The steps for a file is that first someone checks the completeness of the application. At this step, a lot of applicants get rejected but there is little that a person can do about it, because the rejection is because the application was not complete and missed some important docs. Then, a case analyst, evaluates all the documents such as education, work experience, language, PoF, etc. In this step, a lot of people gets RR because some of the docs they provided was vague. This is the step that the applicant should be proactive and immediately send some supporting doc to back the application. Otherwise, the file goes to several rounds of reviews by senior analysts and officers and may get rejected. The processing time also gets so long because a lot of people need to check the info. However, if the person orders notes, they know where the problem is and they can solve it immediately. Usually case analysts reviews the doc before the end of 4 month of aor. That is why everyone recommends that around that time applicant should order notes to know what is going on.

After the eligibility is done, the CIC part is almost over. The criminality and security is mostly done by other agencies. Especially for security that the file is completely analyzed by CBSA. At this point I don't think if ordering CIC notes have any negative impact on the processing of CBSA! Also, there is no advantage either. There is little that applicant can do about criminality and security, except waiting. At this stage. I think ordering notes doesn't have any benefit or disadvantage. It just helps time passes faster!

Lastly, the joke is that I have seen applicants who have been waiting for more than a year, but still they don't order notes because they are afraid that it might prolong their processing time. I am like your case is already long, what are you afraid of. Then when they receive rejection, they realize that they should have some small errors that was easy to correct!

For ordering, if you are in Canada, it is free. If there is a person in Canada who can order for you, it costs 5$. Otherwise, you have to use a third party. I am not sure which one is better as I never used them. If you search there are a lot of forums teaching how to order them.
Well said. Great work

Reactions: aasaf

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019

@Mr_nobody , thanks a lot for such a detailed clarification. i will order mine now.

Reactions: aasaf and Mr_nobody

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Hello everyone.
Through an inquiry through MP's office, I got to know that the latest ghost update that I had on my profile was for completing security on April 28. Yes, it is a Sunday and it was really interesting for me to find out that our profile can be actually updated on the weekends as well.
Anyways, on the same day, the officer requested for the extension of my medical exam as the expiry date is June 2019 and he/she might have thought that I need my medical results to be valid for a longer period of time in case there is any delay in my landing?
MP's secretary explained in her email that would be the last step and the officer will review the file for final decision after this extension. Hence, my security is passed but final decision is not made yet. And as a result, I should probably expect another ghost update for my final approval.
So, I have a question from you. I remember one or some of you guys has already experienced medical extension. Do you have any timeline in your mind? How long did it take for your medical results to be extended by the officer?

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Hello everyone.
Through an inquiry through MP's office, I got to know that the latest ghost update that I had on my profile was for completing security on April 28. Yes, it is a Sunday and it was really interesting for me to find out that our profile can be actually updated on the weekends as well.
Anyways, on the same day, the officer requested for the extension of my medical exam as the expiry date is June 2019 and he/she might have thought that I need my medical results to be valid for a longer period of time in case there is any delay in my landing?
MP's secretary explained in her email that would be the last step and the officer will review the file for final decision after this extension. Hence, my security is passed but final decision is not made yet. And as a result, I should probably expect another ghost update for my final approval.
So, I have a question from you. I remember one or some of you guys has already experienced medical extension. Do you have any timeline in your mind? How long did it take for your medical results to be extended by the officer?
Congrats amir. Mp you means goodale? Does he still answer emails? How poor I am that my case is out of Canada and no one can tell me what is going on!!! :(

Reactions: INTamir

INTamir

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Congrats amir. Mp you means goodale? Does he still answer emails? How poor I am that my case is out of Canada and no one can tell me what is going on!!! :(
Thanks. Yes, Ralph Goodale. But not himself, his secretary and they responded to my email may be because I mentioned I live in Saskatchewan (and he is a Sask MP)

Last edited:
Reactions: canadalover2018

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
You do not need anyone ( PR or Citizens ) to order it on your behalf. As long as you are in Canada you can order it yourself and it costs you$5. If your security has already been started , the best practice is request notes from CBSA. they do not redact most of the important part of your assessment , where the cic redact most of them.

ghabele shomaro nadasht, shod 50 dollar :D
Thanks, I just ordered mine via normal route as I am still in eligibility phase, thanks to this lovely forum and our founding father @Mr_nobody .
I found this youtube video boring as hell but useful for first timer who order GSMC.
50 Dollar ham be chashm, hala shoma beya west coast yek sar, ba chand ta pitcher IPA jobran mikonam:)

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Thanks, I just ordered mine via normal route as I am still in eligibility phase, thanks to this lovely forum and our founding father @Mr_nobody .
I found this youtube video boring as hell but useful for first timer who order GSMC.
50 Dollar ham be chashm, hala shoma beya west coast yek sar, ba chand ta pitcher IPA jobran mikonam:)
Ayoob Khan man pas farda unjam. Sare ghole 2,3 mah pishet hasti? :) :D

Reactions: ms-nobody

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
50 Dollar ham be chashm, hala shoma beya west coast yek sar, ba chand ta pitcher IPA jobran mikonam:)[/QUOT
Great work