Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Previously Sydney, now Paris
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Hello anyone,
any idea what going on with canada? it is a long time no one has a good news, they just says we are super busy, we hve technical difficulty even in their auto response, also CBSA is about 2 month that is unresponsive!

Reactions: Mr_nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for your prompt response as usual @Mr_nobody , i got qualified for my PNP based on support and job offer of current employer, however my certificate of nomination dont have employer restriction and that was key condition to be qualified for BOWP. i called CIC and posted the question and they mention i can switch job if i have valid open Work Permit, however i should use webform to notify them and also notify PNP office separately.
Also i came to know that my criminality and eligibility passed and I am in security screening and now i should basically wait and hope for not going to extended version.
Yeah, I don't have that much info about the PNP program. But make sure that the PNP office will not re-assess your eligibility, if you changed your job.

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello anyone,
any idea what going on with canada? it is a long time no one has a good news, they just says we are super busy, we hve technical difficulty even in their auto response, also CBSA is about 2 month that is unresponsive!
Nothing is going on. It's summer, the weather is good and a lot of the employees are taking vacation. Usually the work gets slower in summer, especially in August.

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Nothing is going on. It's summer, the weather is good and a lot of the employees are taking vacation. Usually the work gets slower in summer, especially in August.
Sounds great

ms-nobody

Mar 14, 2019
Yeah, I don't have that much info about the PNP program. But make sure that the PNP office will not re-assess your eligibility, if you changed your job.
@Mr_nobody , thanks for being the voice of reason, i just turned down the very good job offer as I was afraid PNP office may reassess the whole thing again while I am in the last stage of this PR process, overall process is not clearly documented and no one knows it well even CIC, the process of changing employer after nomination is hectic and need lots of supporting documents but is not covering cases for open work permit holders, they may be simply OK with it, however i did not simply want to risk it , i was very tempted and very close to jump on other opportunity, however as we say literally "prefer not fasting while i have doubts:) lol", regardless how much i needed to fast:)
thanks again..

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Hello everyone,
Today I received CBSA report called “caips” it is kind of GCMS. All guesses were correct! My wife passed security! But I was sent for security screening!
Type: comprehensive
Priority: normal
Sound great any idea how long it may take? It started 2019/04/15

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
@Mr_nobody , thanks for being the voice of reason, i just turned down the very good job offer as I was afraid PNP office may reassess the whole thing again while I am in the last stage of this PR process, overall process is not clearly documented and no one knows it well even CIC, the process of changing employer after nomination is hectic and need lots of supporting documents but is not covering cases for open work permit holders, they may be simply OK with it, however i did not simply want to risk it , i was very tempted and very close to jump on other opportunity, however as we say literally "prefer not fasting while i have doubts:) lol", regardless how much i needed to fast:)
thanks again..
I know and I agree. You are gonna have these opportunities in future :)
I know that EE applicants (like CEC) can change their jobs because for something like CEC, the person is using old job experience to get points and nomination. So, changing the job does not have any effect on the application. I remember INTamir was looking into it and he was saying that it is better to just let CIC know of the change, in case they want to call the company and check something. But I am really not sure about PNP. I hope I didn't scare you for nothing! But as long as they don't go back to your company or don't need to redo your eligibility, you should be fine. Otherwise, the best thing is not to fast with suspicions.

Reactions: ms-nobody

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hello everyone,
Today I received CBSA report called “caips” it is kind of GCMS. All guesses were correct! My wife passed security! But I was sent for security screening!
Type: comprehensive
Priority: normal
Sound great any idea how long it may take? It started 2019/04/15
So in that case you have passed eligibility and criminality, right?
In terms of CBSA, yes, it is exactly like CIC notes, but without redaction. For security, you really can't tell how long it is gonna take. But, the current trend is much faster than before. For a dozen of Persians on this thread (you may know them), it took only 3-4 months.

Reactions: canadalover2018

Mr_nobody

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2018
Requesting it is under GCMS, ma lawyer did it, it was supposed to be done in 30 days but took 86 days! A full 380 pages report!
Probably your lawyer didn't mention that he wants the info only for your PR, and they had to produce 400 pages of all your information from your previous study permits to now and pr? Right? That is why it took so long because poor officer had to check all these 400 pages before releasing them!

By the way, the dates that you are saying doesn't make sense.
You ordered notes 86 days ago, which should be somewhere in mid March. Then your notes are dated back then. Then, how come you are saying your SS started on April 15th?!!! Because the notes were ordered way before than April 15

Reactions: canadalover2018

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Yap it said we passed eligibility and criminality. Even my wife passed security but mine was sent for SS! About two month ago! Hope I also get quick response!

canadalover2018

Feb 14, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
29-03-2018
Probably your lawyer didn't mention that he wants the info only for your PR, and they had to produce 400 pages of all your information from your previous study permits to now and pr? Right? That is why it took so long because poor officer had to check all these 400 pages before releasing them!

By the way, the dates that you are saying doesn't make sense.
You ordered notes 86 days ago, which should be somewhere in mid March. Then your notes are dated back then. Then, how come you are saying your SS started on April 15th?!!! Because the notes were ordered way before than April 15
Yap notes ordered , after 30 month officer said they are busy and need more time ! It was about 35 days ago! Then sent me notes last night!